Samsung Galaxy S9 User Reviews

Display9.3/10
Build quality8.3/10
Text input5.7/10

DrPhoen
posted on 24 Aug 2018, 17:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Aug 2018)

A very nice phone

DrPhoen has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

A slight, but important upgrade over the S8 - managing to iron out most flaws, but some creases are hard to remove. In this case, I refer to two most annoying things. The poor type input, and the RAM greedy software.

Pros

• Feeling in the hand is nice
  • Powerful

Cons

• Text input
  • Software can be jumpy
  • USB C connector fiddly

Steven71
posted on 20 Jul 2018, 13:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Jul 2018)

Not a fan

Steven71 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I switched over from iPhone. The iPhone is much easier to text, type, search the internet. I may just need to get used to my new phone but I am very frustrated with my galaxy 9. I could text one handed on my iPhone faster and more accurately than with both hands ongalaxy 9.

Pros

• Durable
  • Picture quality

Cons

• Typing
  • Bixby button
  • Sesrching internet

KC2FYA
posted on 05 Sep 2018, 13:53 (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)

Great Successor to the S8

KC2FYA has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I had the Galaxy S8 and the I-Phone 8 Plus and this phone is excellent for the most part. The battery life is good given I keep the display set on QHD. Why keep it on HD or FHD if the screen resolution is QHD? I find that a charge does last me the day with adjustments to increase battery life. I am averaging about 30% usage daily (with the Always On Display off). The display is very sharp and robust. I like the wider aspect ratio as well.

I am very impressed with the Dolby Atmos on my Multimedia. With the supplied AKG Earphones, sound is really good, surround is very effective. The audio in the earpiece is good, the speakerphone quality is good, but could be louder.

Phone works well after the 8/31/2018 Security updates. The phone is very snappy and I have yet to experience any lag. The UI is easy to navigate and has many options. The keyboard is very intuitive and has many options. Fingerprint sensor works great unlike the S8. I do recommend a screen protector and case. I use the S9 for field Weather Spotting and Ham Radio (WX2WMU) events.

Build quality 9/10 Very good feel. I did opt to get a rugged case.
Reception 9/10 I experience good signals where I used to experience weaker ones.
Call quality 9/10 Audio is good on the earpiece. Fair on the speakerphone.
Internet 9/10 Chrome works well on this phone.
Multimedia 9/10 Dolby Atmos really enhances the listening experience. Works well with the supplied AKG Earphones.
Camera 10/10 Camera is great. My pictures come out very well. Lots of setting options too.
UI speed 9/10 Very fast and intuitive.
Everyday usage 9/10 Great for Weather Spotting and Ham Radio activities.
Text input 9/10 Very easy and lots of emojis. Many options on the keyboard.
Display 10/10 Awesome QHD!! Colors are displayed well, very vibrant.
Battery 8/10 Fair battery. Would of liked a 3600 Mah battery or better. I seem to be only using up to 30% of my battery in one day. I feel the standby time is good. I opt to keep the AOD off.

Pros

• QHD+ Display
  • Good Battery Life
  • Keyboard input is fast.
  • Dolby Atmos is Great sounding.
  • AKG Earphones
  • Fingerprint Sensor Good.
  • Camera is Great, Photos come out well.

Cons

• Speakerphone a bit low.
  • Some Ringers are low in volume

KC2FYA alternatives: