Nokia N85 User Reviews

n85 posted on Jul 07, 2010, 6:26 AM

n85

this mobile phone is good and great.kamera is better than nokia n96,and desing too.
everybody who love smartphones i will give answer:
n85 is the best
desing,camera,led flash,stereo speakers,memory,fast,grtatefull,super qualyty,good video,music player,video player
wlan

Pros

Cons

• nothing

Wajahat posted on Aug 14, 2009, 11:30 AM

Nice phone, but a bothersome.

I bought this phone from a different country than my home country, so I didn't get any international warranties. And like a couple of reviews have already listed a problem....I face the same.
The phone keeps rebooting all by itself whenever playing games, taking videos/pictures, watching videos/pictures, playing music, and playing the radio. A solution that I could find was that it works fine in Offline mode, so whenever I want to play games or play music, the phone has to be set in Offline mode first. This is really a botheration, as sometimes, it doesn't go back to online mode properly. The phone also reboots whenever it is put on charge, (even in the Offline mode).
Also, 95% of the time, the phone gives a "Connection Error" a few times whenever dialling a number. Apart from all this, it works just fine. I too wish that I had read the Nokia discussions and reviews on N85 before buying this, as I can't claim any warranties on my set.

pascal posted on Jun 29, 2009, 4:35 AM

if you dont know how to use it ,dont buy it

the phone is very good.its not a perfect phone,but somebody tell me one.. only one perfect thing in this world!very fast.very good internet browser, fantastic oled screen and colors,wi fi very good the ,same signal quality and good battery

Pros

• battery,screen ,wifi,good keypad

Cons

• the sound could be louder

Ajeesh Vijayan posted on Apr 24, 2009, 4:55 AM

Awesome phone with some drawbacks

hi i bought this phone some months back. This is an awesome phone, and i really love the model as well as the display. The camera is said to be 5mp but i think it doesnt deliver the clarity photos inside room light and others. But it delivers a high quality pics when taken under sunlight.
One feature i liked the most is FM transmitter. The high quality sound transmitting reallly makes me crazy. but as for as the music player, the sound is not too loud but the clarity is good.
The web browser is satisfactory, doesnt support flash sites.
The major disappointment of this phone is hanging sometimes and sometimes it tends to refresh or may be called as restarts. It restarts frequently... And some times bugging makes the phone imbalanced.
apart from all these, i love the phone and its an amazing one when compared to n96 and n85 8gb.

Pros

• Awesome Design
  • FM transmitter
  • Picture quality in sunlight

Cons

• Rebooting
  • Bugging problems....

Anonymous posted on Mar 13, 2009, 3:55 PM

Wish I had checked the discussions website before

I bought my N85 3 months ago. While it packs many potentially great features the build quality is of only the cheapest phones. After 3 months of gentle use, the front panel cover came off. In addition, the headset speaker occasionally stops working and starts working again when you press your ear hard. As if that is not enough, tt keeps rebooting all the time.
Nokia Care Centers claim that they are unaware of any problems but like another user pointed out, go check the nokia discussions at the official Nokia website. I deeply regret that I didn't.

Pros

• Appears great. But doesn't work.

Cons

• Cheap build that comes apart all by itself
  • Components poor quality
  • Software very buggy - reboots several times every hour
  • Camera claims to take 5 megapixel pictures but compresses them ending up with poor quality pictures - no raw file function

vick posted on Mar 05, 2009, 3:25 AM

nokia n85...waohhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi everyone, i just bought a nokia n85, to tell u frankly zis mobile is just superb, wonderful indeed..
I've spent a night to go thru the content n i'm stil not over...there is so much to discover n xplore.
Especially z A-GPS n WIFI is amazing..
Before using zis one, i had a SE w850i...Z quality of z music is great but i've encountered too many technical problems with it, n zat's y i opted 4 a nokia n85.Frankly speaking i don't regret my choice n am more zan happy wiz it..

hitman112 posted on Feb 01, 2009, 9:20 AM

awsomeness

i bought this phone last month and it is pretyy good!! display is exelent camera is also good but in the dark not that great sound is avrage and the fm transmiter is damn awesome.... the new os 9.3 is great too with new transitions and stanby modes overall it can be the best n series up to date with great features talktime and small design!

Anonymous posted on Nov 28, 2008, 10:46 AM

Watch out!

I just bought my Nokia N85. It appears to be a great phone BUT... I keeps rebooting with no reason many times in a single day. If you want to buy this phone, check Nokia Discussions at http://discussions.nokiausa.com/discussions/ and make a search with N85 reboot. There are more than 140 messages all reporting the same problem. It reboots during internet search, game play, while synchronising etc. No response from Nokia.

Pros

• Features and design are great. If only it worked without rebooting.

Cons

• Reboots. Reboots. Reboots. Check Nokia Discussions at formal Nokia Web page.

Ralph posted on Nov 02, 2008, 2:47 PM

Brilliant

I bought this phone last week and I think its brilliant. It's far better than the N96 and I give lots of importance to memory. This phone is awesome, from the cool new apps to the sleek design. A con of this phone is it's weight but that's barely even noticeable. I love the FM transmitter and have spent hours playing on N-Gage. The camera's great and the phone hasn't frozen once til now. I have owned a k800i, k850, N95 8GB, an N81 and my dad has the N96, and I still think this phone is the best (although the camera in the k850 is the best I used, still the N85's comes damn close to it). This phone is definitely one of the best phones this year and I highly recommend it.

Marzuki Yusoff posted on Oct 24, 2008, 10:58 AM

A good phone for this year

I buy this phone 22 October 2008. Averall I very satisfied especially their screen very clear and very nice better than N96 or N95 8GB. I like it ang love it. Tq Nokia.