Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Motorola i830 User Reviews Back

MrMotionZ posted on Jul 09, 2009, 3:16 PM

wow i guess im the odd one out

i actually like this phone lol alot nice and simple reliable durable sleek cool phone lol dont need a 400 dollar black berrry or any of those other crazy apps u kno dont need my phone to do crazy stuff just call and text its a great phone i think lol havent charged it in 2 days might b cuz i have backlight on 5 not 60 u sould try it wont die in 20 minutes

lakyn posted on Dec 01, 2006, 5:16 PM

ba ba badd!!

This phone is so bad first it dies in like 20 minutes all nextel phones have the same rings and screens but one thing i do like is how you can set the screens to change every 5 minutes. overall i dont recomend this phone

Anonymous posted on Sep 22, 2006, 7:43 AM

5.2

worst phone ever

The phone last 20 minutes before the battery is dead. I have had it in the shop at least four times and nothing was improved. I think smoke signals are a better bet.

Snipes posted on Mar 09, 2006, 2:42 AM

4.8

Worst. Phone. Ever.

This phone is the worst phone I've ever had. Period. I've had it for about 9 months so far and it's been deteriorating for about two months now. The battery life is so short to the point where it shouldn't be called a mobile phone anymore, because you have to stay on the charger to hold a phone call for more than an hour. But that is IF you get past 20 minutes without the call being dropped. The reception is very poor and not very reliable. The design of the phone is the best thing about the phone, it is very pleasing to the eye. I just wish it came in more colors. All in all, never judge a book by it's cover.

Tired of Nextel posted on Feb 11, 2006, 6:56 PM

3.6

When will Nextel give us a decent smartphone?

This is my second i830, the first one didn't last a year so I got a free replacement. This phone is poorly designed & built. It recently has started shutting down & powering up on its own inconveniently ending my calls for me. You would think they would have offered the better Sprint phones with 2 way direct connect by now.

Motorolla Reaks posted on Jan 11, 2006, 1:22 PM

Motorolla i833

Worst phone, bad reception. It drops calls like their is no tomorrow. It really is a bad phone. You can't even text message more then one person at a time. Don't even ask about the i830. What a Nightmare!!!

Mad Brad posted on Dec 21, 2005, 11:49 AM

Poor Excuse

This is by far the worst effort Motorola has made thus far. Pathetic battery life, Cheap design (not durable), Atrocious line quality, Short life expectancy, Intensely short product cycle life.

I have Insurance on this phone (Thank god) and I have to-date returned 3 phones in less than a month for the defects these come with. Nextel wasn't all that great to begin with, couple this phone and the fact that Sprint and nextel are merged = Me switching Carriers (Yay! No more tied to strictly a Motorola Product!)

If you leave - no one will care . . . .

clr3 posted on Jul 07, 2005, 4:37 PM

The best looking Nextel yet!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been fortunate enough to have had an I730, I830, I836, and I860; this is the best of them all!
Yeah the talk time might not be that great, but heck, I have an extra charger and considering how much fun I have showing up folks that think they have the "Ferrari" phone (I836 owners) it makes up for it. No matter where I might find myself, people are always asking to see my phone.

bob_184 posted on Apr 05, 2005, 7:25 PM

nice package same phone

got the same basic features and limitations then the i830 but the package and the loks of the phone are pure eye candy. rf not that good battery sux