Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com
  • Notification Center

Notifications

www.phonearena.com

Motorola M1000 User Reviews Back

david posted on Feb 28, 2008, 8:20 PM

best so far!

nice and neat phone i must say, better than 02 xda 2s that i used to have
it has everythin that i need
-sound quality
-multi-tap for frequent texting
-3G
-wifi
what else?
if you are good enough try making your own programs get it from motodev
or rebulid the system if you want
and one thin more that i can add up
neatly sync with my private network esp. with my firewall G2 sidewinder

now, got any other phone that can do that?

Red Dog posted on Mar 09, 2006, 5:30 AM

4.8

The real scoop on the M1000

I've had the M1000 for about a year now. Quite frankly, I am not impressed. It is LOADED with great features, and I use nearly all of them. However, the sound quality is TOTAL CRAP. I drive in Tokyo, and always use the speakerphone for safety and convenience. The sound quality, however, is so garbled that I needed a bluetooth headset. That helped, until I get cut off! This phone cuts me off 65% of the time, even when I am standing on the street! DoCoMo checks the phone, and says "no trouble found". Other users complain of identical problems. I thought it was the FOMA network in Tokyo, but I remember having a FUJITSU unit that worked perfectly on the FOMA network. It however, did not have the great features of the M1000. The upshot? VERY POOR performance on the network, VERY POOR sound quality when compared with other models and other networks, but EXCELLENT features. The M1000 is clearly a bittersweet choice. If you don't use Outlook, the NOKIA on the Vodafone network is clearly superior and has similar features with the M1000. Similar, I say. However, the CONTENTS of your Outlook will not copy from the PC to the phone. The M1000 takes it all.

Xavier posted on Oct 03, 2005, 5:21 AM

Not too bad

I had a lot of problems with the phone at first... things like the phone not staying locked(when its set in locked position) after a call and I ended up calling some people a thousand times just because of that messed up button(software, not physically messed up). Also I had to actually take the battery out of the unit just to "unfreeze" it several times. Might as well given it a blue screen of death screen... I thought for a moment it might have been using a Microsoft OS??? Turns out there is a update for the phone, but you have to go to a Docomo shop and get them to update it(wouldn't have been much convient to just put it onilne!). For the price, the camera could have been better, and had more options. That mopera service is kinda tricky if you want to use a pop3 account from maybe your work or some other ISP. If you connect to the mopera service they will not let you send emails!!! Luckly I have nifty and was able to use my same Bflets username and password to logon with my M1000 and do everything I need to. But what really sucks most about using your own POP3 account is that you can only set the automatic checking service for a min of 15minutes, which is too long if you do emails all the time trying to meet friends or whatever. I had to give in and get the mopera email so I could get realtime emails, I think that really sucks and its like cheating lol.
The transfer flash card seems to be in a very odd place, since I have seen a memory card hidden in any device. Although...

xeclink posted on Aug 02, 2005, 9:59 PM

6.4

Surprising Absences

At an opening DoCoMo price of nearly $500, the phone included some surprising disappointments. There is no QuickCall option to use just one or two numbers to call often used numbers. Although there's only ONE default wallpaper, there's also no accompanying advertising guide to sites where you can download more ringtones or wallpaper. There's no changing the default folder (ALL) opened when launching an application like Phone Contacts. Good points are that the important keys are conveniently accessible and the computer interface is comfortable. Best part is that the applications are pretty intuitive and easy to get used to.

markitos posted on Mar 26, 2005, 10:47 AM

great phone!

this phone really is the business!
very happy with the many features and the ease of use.
extras including premier football very good! look no further than the m1000!

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless