Kyocera K10 Royale User Reviews

tiolawa posted on Mar 06, 2010, 12:03 AM
Posts: 115; Member since: Dec 05, 2009

Nostalgia...

This was my very first phone and although at the time virgin mobiles network was still budding i got decent reception with this phone the most impressive part about this phone was the fact that i left it on top of my car and drove off at 40mph and the phone stil worked after smashing on the ground!!! loved this phone wish companies made phones this durable today.

Pros

• Good call quality, durable phone

Cons

• Prepaid phone.

Annabel posted on Oct 19, 2007, 2:17 PM

Great phone -- unless you plan on showing off.

So uh... it's a phone. It doesn't mow the lawn or pole-vault or do your homework. But it does four things very well:

(1) It doesn't break your budget. At Virgin you can now get it for $9.99, or free if you are a new customer. Yes, 10 bucks and that's without a contract. Think how much smarter you will look next to the fellow who just forked out $500 for a new pimped out gadget (which will be obsolete tomorrow!) and is suckered into paying $70 a month for the next three years.

(2) It makes calls! The sound quality is excellent. Technically, sound quality is actually very dependent on the service, not on the phone. Virgin uses Sprint pcs network, which is very good if you live in California or New York metropolitan area. With this phone I can walk outside in peak hour traffic in San Fran and still have a conversation without yelling.

(3) It sends text messages. There is no QWERTY keyboard, but there's a good built in dictionary to make typing on the key pad easier. The buttons are a bit on the smallish side, but at least they are not flush against the back of the phone like they are on the god-awful RAZR. (grr, bad experience there). They look and feel like buttons, and when you've pressed one, you know it!

(4) It doesn't break down. It is difficult, actually, to find a cheap phone that doesn't fall apart the next day -- but k10 is it! I've dropped it numerous times, and it has survived all punishment. After over a year the screen still works -- it's not scratched, black, or...

Marqui posted on Sep 23, 2007, 9:06 PM

6.6

Its so so

This was the first phone I got with my own money so I was very happy when I got it. It does what it needs to do but if your looking for something fancy I would not get it. The kids in schol would call it the brick. I ended up giving it away to my grandparents and they seem happy wth it.

rashid haddad posted on Aug 16, 2006, 11:58 AM

this phone is greaaaaaaaaat

my sister pauletta got one this summer... ive only seen it on the net but its the best phone ever!! my old virgin mobile telephone couldnt send text messages and didnt even have a color screen!!! this is the best phone ever so buy it because you will lovve it!!

alexa posted on Jul 20, 2006, 12:34 AM

this phone sucks and should be banned for life!!!

this phone really should be banned for life!!
this phone really is not worth it its stupid!!!
this phone lacks every subject know to man I would know

crappy phone posted on Jul 11, 2006, 3:38 PM

the phone sucks

this is a domb phone compared to so many others that i have seen. sure it's able to play mps type ringtones but it also can't send or receieve multimedia messages and you also can't download anything from any other websites than the home website though the phone has the ability to surf the web.

Ashley posted on May 31, 2006, 12:11 AM

GREAT phone

This phone is great! I got one for my birthday and its wonderful! I love the VXL access,especially since its only 10cents a day,and you can cancel it at any time. I also love the text messaging,which is also only 10 cents(per msg). This phone has saved my butt several times(locked out of house,missed my ride home etc) I LOVE this phone. The only thing that I do not like about this phone is that I cant seem to find very many options for interchangable face plates. I would like to customize my phone a bit more but I can only work with what I have available. So a tip to the manufacturers of the face plates, be more creative, you might get more business.
-Ashley