Kyocera Hydro EDGE User Reviews

timberwolf posted on Oct 24, 2014, 7:12 PM
Posts: 1; Member since: Oct 24, 2014

The best phone that I have seen yet

timberwolf has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This is one of the best phones I have ever had. I have dropped it, thrown it, spilled soda on it, washed in soap and water, and stepped on it, and through all that abuse it has like one tiny scratch and works like it never happened.

Waterproof and practically indestructible.
Gets a signal in my house. That in, and of, itself is quite the accomplishment. My house tends to eat wireless signals of any type. I have to use a signal amp to get AM/FM radio to work indoors. WiFi doesn't even work from the other end of the house and yet, some how this gets a 2G/3G signal AND WiFi in my house.
The sound is clear, even when in bad reception. Although as expected with bad reception it does cut in and out... but that can't be helped.
It gets a little warm when I use 3G, but that's normal. The WiFi quality is superb.
Sound is crystal clear, no matter what audio you use. Speaker, head set, ear buds, and bluetooth all sound great.
Takes very high quality pictures. You can almost make professional pictures with it.
UI has never lagged on me.
This phone is powerful enough to be good for a power user like myself. It is more than capable for everyday use.
Depending on the keyboard you use, it can be hard to click the right keys. It is easy to fat finger the keys on any keyboard, but it is still easy to correct that with auto correct / auto completion.
Display is superb. It is high quality and is VERY hard to scratch. It didn't scratch until I dropped it from the top of my car onto a volcanic rock and even that barely scratched it. You have to see it in the right angle to know it's there.
I can get about a month out of the battery as long as it stays in idle without 3G on. It gets about a day and a half of call/talk time. Granted that's my version of a day, which is from 9AM to 12PM.

Pros

• Excellent battery life
  • Waterproof
  • Scratch resistant
  • Practically indestructible
  • Fairly cheap
  • Runs a majority of the apps available

Cons

• No 4G capabilities