Huawei Mate 20 Pro User Reviews

Battery9.7/10
Build quality9.3/10
Text input8.7/10

ECPirate37
posted on 01 Nov 2018, 05:10 (Posts: 256; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)

Huawei Mate 20 Pro was worth the wait.

ECPirate37 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Greetings all! I got this phone the Friday it came out. I'm reviewing the Chinese version of the phone. I got the 8 gig / 128 gig variant. Couldn't find a 256 Gig anywhere. I've really enjoyed it. I'm not a "Fanboy" of any brand any more, but really appreciate Huawei lately. If you see my phone history you will see I've had HTC (was a fanboy of them haha), Moto, LG, Samsung, Apple, and Huawei in the past 6 or 7 years. I try to buy the best available phone no matter who makes it. I believe this is THE BEST phone you can buy as of November 1st, 2018. Others may disagree, and that is fine. We all look for different things. I always thought that my Samsung Galaxy s8+ was the prettiest phone I'd owned, and this phone looks just like that, only more screen on the front, a better camera setup, and NO BIXBY BUTTON! (I hated that thing)

The camera is a beast. When comparing to the Galaxy Note 9, or new iPhones, I think it holds up very well. Depends on your style of photos, but I love the colors on this one best. Also, the AI is pretty cool for photos. So far it has noticed: Food, people, blue skys, MONUMENTS (that was cool!), and more. And if you don't want it, turn it off. But the AI is appreciated.

Everything is zippy with this phone. I haven't done intense gaming on it yet, but every app I open is "Crisp". No lagging. Google had Project Butter a few years ago, it finally took hold. haha

In conclusion, it's only been a week, but this phone is everything that I hoped it would...

Build quality 10/10 Everything about this phone feels premium. It feels heavier than my Samsung Galaxy S8+, but that's fine.
Reception 10/10 I'm in China, so can't say how great it will be in the US. I'll update this if it changes.
Call quality 10/10 It's hard to imagine a phone not having great call quality in 2018
Internet 10/10 Zippy as ever. Again, once I get back to the US, i'll let you know if it gets worse.
Multimedia 10/10 It's a monster. Fast and the battery last.
Camera 10/10 Got to be honest, haven't used the new iPhone camera yet, but believe this to be in the same range from others reviews. I'll compare soon and change if need be.
UI speed 10/10 The fastest EMUI has ever been. Apps load faster than my Samsung.
Everyday usage 10/10 I carry 2 or 3 phones at all time. Before this, it was the Huawei P9, LG V20, and Samsung Galaxy S8+, I've replaced the LG with this and it gets a lot of use since that is my personal phone. It is my goto for photos, although I still think the P9 is better than the Samsung.
Text input 9/10 They keyboard is good. It is pretty functional. I switch my keyboards around a lot because I use the Google Pinyin keyboard a lot. As far as the Chinese Pinyin that comes with it, it's excellent, but for English its an 8. Hard to say what I really don't dig about it. I'll update this later.
Display 9/10 I think this display is amazing. MUCH brighter than my Samsung which is great in bright light. I'm outside often, so having a brighter screen makes life better.
Battery 10/10 Ridiculous! I haven't put a stress test to it yet, but I can go all day, and the lowest it's been at night is 63% That was a day I took a ton of pictures and even used it charge my galaxy wirelessly at dinner (which is slow)

Pros

• In Screen Fingerprint
  • Facial Recognition
  • Looks (It is a conversation piece)
  • Camera is crazy amazing!
  • Battery lasts extremely long time
  • 8 gigs of ram
  • Phone is FAST
  • Super Quick Charging
  • Can charge other phones
  • Best version of EMUI yet (Pie)

Cons

• Fingerprint doesn't always hit first time
  • The .2 sec quick pic is often blurry

MaTaR92
posted on 30 Oct 2018, 00:03 (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Sep 2015)

Huawei mate 20 pro

MaTaR92 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

My experience of the Huawei’s Mate 20 pro. Did not believe the rumors at first becouse I thought it’s too good to be true. When they announced the phone I was surprised that ALL rumors I’ve heard was true.

Pros

• Excellent camera
  • Excellent battery life
  • Beautiful screen
  • Ultra fast charge
  • Really fast phone.
  • In-display fingerprint reader is good
  • Face recognition is so fast!
  • 6gm ram
  • The notch is unrecognized.
  • The twilight color is shiny.

Cons

• Atleast my phone heates faster than I thought.

Zizysu
posted on 15 Nov 2018, 14:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Nov 2018)

Huawei mate 20 pro

Zizysu has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is amazing, i had IPhone 7 plus before and I felt the difference between the two. This phone has many features that help you every day. Also projection is awesome. And the price is adorable.

Battery 9/10 Fast charging very fast

Pros

• Fast charging, camera, OS and many more

Cons

• Curved screen