Huawei Mate 20 Pro User Reviews

9.5

MihaiRO posted on Jun 23, 2019, 8:03 AM
Posts: 31; Member since: Jun 07, 2019

Good phone

MihaiRO has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have this phone since October 2018.I love the screen quality,the sound speakers,the design of the phone and the amazing cameras.After few months of using the phone,still I love it because is very fast ,my phone came with 6GB RAM.I don't like only the updates,are behind Samsung and the menu interface,not like Samsung UI.Now let's see what will happen with Huawei ban!

Because it feels as a solid quality phone .
Because of the 3 microphones.People can hear a crystal sound speaking with me.
The selfie camera is not so good.

ECPirate37 posted on Nov 01, 2018, 5:10 AM
Posts: 347; Member since: Jul 14, 2011

Huawei Mate 20 Pro was worth the wait.

ECPirate37 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Greetings all! I got this phone the Friday it came out. I'm reviewing the Chinese version of the phone. I got the 8 gig / 128 gig variant. Couldn't find a 256 Gig anywhere. I've really enjoyed it. I'm not a "Fanboy" of any brand any more, but really appreciate Huawei lately. If you see my phone history you will see I've had HTC (was a fanboy of them haha), Moto, LG, Samsung, Apple, and Huawei in the past 6 or 7 years. I try to buy the best available phone no matter who makes it. I believe this is THE BEST phone you can buy as of November 1st, 2018. Others may disagree, and that is fine. We all look for different things. I always thought that my Samsung Galaxy s8+ was the prettiest phone I'd owned, and this phone looks just like that, only more screen on the front, a better camera setup, and NO BIXBY BUTTON! (I hated that thing)

The camera is a beast. When comparing to the Galaxy Note 9, or new iPhones, I think it holds up very well. Depends on your style of photos, but I love the colors on this one best. Also, the AI is pretty cool for photos. So far it has noticed: Food, people, blue skys, MONUMENTS (that was cool!), and more. And if you don't want it, turn it off. But the AI is appreciated.

Everything is zippy with this phone. I haven't done intense gaming on it yet, but every app I open is "Crisp". No lagging. Google had Project Butter a few years ago, it finally took hold. haha

In conclusion, it's only been a week, but this phone is everything that I hoped it would...

Everything about this phone feels premium. It feels heavier than my Samsung Galaxy S8+, but that's fine.
I'm in China, so can't say how great it will be in the US. I'll update this if it changes.
It's hard to imagine a phone not having great call quality in 2018
Zippy as ever. Again, once I get back to the US, i'll let you know if it gets worse.
It's a monster. Fast and the battery last.
Got to be honest, haven't used the new iPhone camera yet, but believe this to be in the same range from others reviews. I'll compare soon and change if need be.
The fastest EMUI has ever been. Apps load faster than my Samsung.
I carry 2 or 3 phones at all time. Before this, it was the Huawei P9, LG V20, and Samsung Galaxy S8+, I've replaced the LG with this and it gets a lot of use since that is my personal phone. It is my goto for photos, although I still think the P9 is better than the Samsung.
They keyboard is good. It is pretty functional. I switch my keyboards around a lot because I use the Google Pinyin keyboard a lot. As far as the Chinese Pinyin that comes with it, it's excellent, but for English its an 8. Hard to say what I really don't dig about it. I'll update this later.
I think this display is amazing. MUCH brighter than my Samsung which is great in bright light. I'm outside often, so having a brighter screen makes life better.
Ridiculous! I haven't put a stress test to it yet, but I can go all day, and the lowest it's been at night is 63% That was a day I took a ton of pictures and even used it charge my galaxy wirelessly at dinner (which is slow)

Pros

• In Screen Fingerprint
  • Facial Recognition
  • Looks (It is a conversation piece)
  • Camera is crazy amazing!
  • Battery lasts extremely long time
  • 8 gigs of ram
  • Phone is FAST
  • Super Quick Charging
  • Can charge other phones
  • Best version of EMUI yet (Pie)

Cons

• Fingerprint doesn't always hit first time
  • The .2 sec quick pic is often blurry

MaTaR92 posted on Oct 30, 2018, 12:03 AM
Posts: 8; Member since: Sep 26, 2015

Huawei mate 20 pro

MaTaR92 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

My experience of the Huawei’s Mate 20 pro. Did not believe the rumors at first becouse I thought it’s too good to be true. When they announced the phone I was surprised that ALL rumors I’ve heard was true.

Pros

• Excellent camera
  • Excellent battery life
  • Beautiful screen
  • Ultra fast charge
  • Really fast phone.
  • In-display fingerprint reader is good
  • Face recognition is so fast!
  • 6gm ram
  • The notch is unrecognized.
  • The twilight color is shiny.

Cons

• Atleast my phone heates faster than I thought.

Marsden74 posted on Sep 29, 2019, 5:07 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 21, 2019

Best Android phone 2019

Marsden74 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Traded in my iPhone xr and I am loving this phone far superior to any other phone it has it all. Got fed up with the low resolution screen on my iPhone and went for the mate 20 Pro..... It's a beast..

The phone is flawless
Clear
Fast
Quality camera
Love it
Love it
It's great

Pros

• The phone is perfect

ptadeogun posted on May 11, 2019, 4:35 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 02, 2017

This is the best phone of all time

ptadeogun has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I find this phone really amazing.
Wonderful battery life...
Very fast processor
Very premium quality
This is best phone i have used in a long time.
It is great value for money well spent.
The battery life is second to none in the mobile phone industry.

So wonderful

Pros

• Nice build Quality

ziggy50 posted on Mar 08, 2019, 3:48 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 08, 2019

The Mate 20 Pro brings a whole new meaning to flagship

ziggy50 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I received this product as part of a review program in return for an unbiased review

The Mate 20 Pro brings a whole new meaning to flagship

The Huawei Mate 20 Pro is hands-down the best smartphone I have ever held, never mind own. It is extremely capable in every aspect and it never fails to perform the most demanding or takes. It will suit everyone, from the everyday consumer to the power user. There is so much to like about it and I would love to share all of my experiences of the device with you with my review of this device.

Cons:
High price point
Large notch (easy to hide in settings)

Battery: The battery for this device is definitely one of the main selling points of the Mate 20 Pro. The outstanding 4,200mAh battery has been fitted in this device which is pretty amazing when you consider how thin it is and what the competition is putting in their devices. The large cell certainly pays off with heavy usage. The average user will be able to squeeze 2, if not 3 days of moderate use from this device. This is a big leap from other competitors and is just one of the many advantages the Mate 20 Pro has.

Charging: I felt the need to include this as a separate topic as the charging speed on this device is in a league of its own. The stellar 40W fast charger provided with the device gets the device up to a comfortable percentage super quickly. Bearing in mind that the device has a large 4200mAh battery, it manages to charge from 0% to 70% in under 30 minutes. This is pretty spectacular...

Pros

• High-res display 2-3 day battery 0% to 70% in 30 minutes Snappy Kirin 980 processor 2 intuitive unlock methods 3 professional cameras Wireless charging IP68 water resistance

Cons

No Cons

reyka7aaa posted on Mar 08, 2019, 6:56 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 08, 2019

Just a unique smartphone

reyka7aaa has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Perfect for everyone who have big hands. Premium quality, the best 3D face recognition who reacts in 0.6 seconds and this is the fastest way to unlock your phone. The stereo is not loud but the quality of the sound amazing for smartphone.

Catfish posted on Jan 17, 2019, 8:03 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 17, 2019

Catfish

Catfish has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Awesome phone. Great photos. It was more than I expected. The only issue I have was finding a case for it. I was taking photos at night outside and I was surprised at the speed it adjusted to conditions and took great photos. Video works just as well.

Pros

• Solid exceptional phone.

Arubia posted on Dec 16, 2018, 9:25 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Dec 16, 2018

The beast mate 20 pro

Arubia has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I really love the phone specially the camera it's a beast.. The battery is superb and the overall performance is beautiful. I have a chance to choose Note 9 but the beta is not updated still Oreo.. And what I like most with mate 20 pro is the design... So sexy.

Good

Pros

• Beautiful design
  • Beast camera
  • Long battery life
  • Worth it the price

Cons

No Cons

curciopau posted on Nov 27, 2018, 8:43 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 09, 2018

This Mate is definetly a good mate

curciopau has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Wow. This device is incredibly good.
· Design is lovely
· Connectivity is very good
· Camera is AWESOME!
· UI is good
· Display is one of best
· Battery are very long-lasting
· Very fast charge

So, the device is pretty INCREDIBLE!

Pros

• Design is lovely
  • Connectivity is very good
  • Camera is AWESOME!
  • UI is good
  • Display is one of best
  • Battery are very long-lasting
  • Very fast charge

Cons

• It can bend easily
  • Curved screen are too reflexing
  • Speaker are in the charging port?

Zizysu posted on Nov 15, 2018, 2:50 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 15, 2018

Huawei mate 20 pro

Zizysu has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is amazing, i had IPhone 7 plus before and I felt the difference between the two. This phone has many features that help you every day. Also projection is awesome. And the price is adorable.

Fast charging very fast

Pros

• Fast charging, camera, OS and many more

Cons

• Curved screen