x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Huawei Mate 10 User Reviews

posted on 18 Jan 2018, 00:27 (Posts: 49; Member since: 20 Nov 2015)

My favorite phone of 2017

Lois13 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Out of all the flagship phones I've owned in 2017 (S8, OP5T, XZ1C, LG G6) the Mate 10 is by far my favorite. I still prefer 16:9 displays and having a large 5.9 inch display with small bezels is what I have been wanting. No other flagship has done this with the recent trend of 18:9 ratios with small bezels. I would prefer if it was high quality amoled like what is in the S8 but it's a solid LCD display nonetheless. Battery life is great as I'm getting about 7 or more hours of screen on time.

Design and build quality are top notch but it's a very slippery phone if you aren't using a case. Performance is great. It could be a little better as every once in a while it has a little hiccup performance wise but its rare. Also, it has a headphone jack which is a must for me. Huawei's supercharge is as fast as OnePlus' dash charging and is much better than Qualcomm quick charging. All in all I absolutely love this phone and for $580 USD that I bought it for, it's a steal especially compared to the super flagships this year that cost $800 to over $1000.

• 16:9 5.9 inch display
  • Great cameras

• Slippery
  • Not officially available in US
  • No meaningful water resistance
  • Might be too large for some people

Lois13 alternatives: