Huawei Ascend Mate 2 4G User Reviews

9.5

7.5

p51d007 posted on Jul 27, 2014, 2:17 PM
Posts: 705; Member since: Nov 24, 2013

Nice device if you aren't into specs, GREAT battery life!

p51d007 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

For 300 dollars (USD), you can get a pretty darn good smartphone. It might not have the top end specs of the flagship devices, but, it's half the cost too! The battery & screen size are the big pluses on this device.

Feels solid
clear
No issues
Straight talk, no issues, 4gLTE
No issues with youtube, about the extent of my multimedia, save for mp3's
Kind of picky on this, I've been a photographer for over 30 years. This is a PINHOLE camera phone, but, for what it is, it's not bad. Macro mode (using camera FV-5 software) is pretty darn good!
Very snappy
Not one issue
Stock keyboard is ok, but I prefer swiftkey
It's HUGE! Nice for a mid 50's age persons not so 20/20 eyes. If you are a pixel peeper, you might see the pixels, but at a normal viewing distance, I don't see what the fuss is about it being "only" a 720p screen.
I'm a heavy phone (1500-2000 minutes per month) user, around 100 emails, few dozen texts, lots of web browsing, few dozen photos on a monthly basis. I get easily 2 days, and most times 3 days on one charge! Not plugging it in 2-3 times a day is nice!

Pros

• If you aren't into specs, this is great
  • phone.

Cons

• It's size might put you off.

aamiowa posted on May 07, 2015, 8:39 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 30, 2015

for the price an all around winner

aamiowa has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

for what I paid for this phone, I could not be happier. I don't watch vids on my phone so the resolution isn't an issue for me. It's super fast and responsive and feels good in my hands despite it's size/weight. Not a one handed phone.

Pros

• fast, responsive and solid feeling

Cons

• none for me