x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Battery9.3/10
Reception8.7/10
Build quality8.3/10

baldilocks
posted on 19 Dec 2017, 14:03 (Posts: 1020; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)

Probably the last best iPhone.

baldilocks has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Probably the last best iPhone. Until Apple comes up with some more logical gestures for an all screen iPhone and removes the hideous notch, I am afraid this will be the last great TRUE iPhone.

Pretty much an excellent device. Speedy and trustworthy.

• Dual Speakers
  • 256 GB Storage Option
  • Waterproofing
  • Excellent Camera
  • Powerful Processor

Cons

• No expandable Storage
  • No Real File System Access
  • No real personalization Options

FerneyZan
posted on 01 Nov 2017, 02:17 (Posts: 103; Member since: 21 Jul 2010)

Hmmm. Not as good as I expected. WTH?

FerneyZan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

To be honest,, I seriously don't understand how is PhoneArena giving this phone such a high rating? When there a few phones that are much better than this one. Oh well. If you are heavily invested into Apple products, this may be a good fit for you. But if not. You definitely not getting a better phone for the money, I would stay away from it.. The Samsung S8+ and specially the LG V30 are much better phones. I still have my iPhone 7+ so I'm considering returning this one.

0/10

Pros

• Bigger screens.
  • Fast & Smooth

Cons

• Lacks memory expansion slot.
  • No wireless charging. Seriously?
  • Reception.
  • Feels cheap.
  • Camera. It's just ok.

KC2FYA
posted on 21 Feb 2018, 15:23 (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)

Great for Weather Spotter!

KC2FYA has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I decided to try an Apple I-Phone after having a Galaxy S8 and I am so far impressed with the phone. I notice that the phone is very stable. No lagging and the UI is fast. I had to acquaint myself with the Apple layout, but I find it to be simplistic. The 5.5" display is good for me. I do notice a bit more pixels than my S8 (with a 5.8" screen), but that's with my readers on. The colors are displayed very well.

The battery standby is supreme considering the display. I still have 100% after 10+ hours of standby. This occurs without having the low power setting on. The screen does drain the battery moderately after being continuously on of course.

I like the ring silent switch (dedicated) by the volume keys. This makes it so easy to instantly silence the phone. I wish there was a notification icon to show when this is enabled!

Calls are loud and clear both on the earpiece and speakerphone. The ringers are loud and distinctive. I like the keyboard now, wish it had a few more symbols like the Degree for weather observations.

I did receive the 11.2.6 update on 2/20/2018 and the phone runs very well.

0/10

Pros

• LONG Battery Life on Standby
  • Nice colors displayed
  • UI is Snappy
  • Earbuds are excellent
  • Dedicated Ring/Silence switch
  • No Bloatware
  • 11.2.6 Update

Cons

• Keyboard needs more symbols
  • Glass Backing
  • No SD Card slot
  • Only one resolution option on Camera?
  • No Ringer Silent Icon

KC2FYA alternatives: