Apple iPhone 8 Plus User Reviews

Everyday usage8.8/10
Camera9.3/10
Multimedia9.5/10

baldilocks
posted on 19 Dec 2017, 14:03 (Posts: 1194; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)

Probably the last best iPhone.

baldilocks has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Probably the last best iPhone. Until Apple comes up with some more logical gestures for an all screen iPhone and removes the hideous notch, I am afraid this will be the last great TRUE iPhone.

Pretty much an excellent device. Speedy and trustworthy.

• Dual Speakers
  • 256 GB Storage Option
  • Waterproofing
  • Excellent Camera
  • Powerful Processor

Cons

• No expandable Storage
  • No Real File System Access
  • No real personalization Options

FerneyZan
posted on 01 Nov 2017, 02:17 (Posts: 112; Member since: 21 Jul 2010)

Hmmm. Not as good as I expected. WTH?

FerneyZan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

To be honest,, I seriously don't understand how is PhoneArena giving this phone such a high rating? When there a few phones that are much better than this one. Oh well. If you are heavily invested into Apple products, this may be a good fit for you. But if not. You definitely not getting a better phone for the money, I would stay away from it.. The Samsung S8+ and specially the LG V30 are much better phones. I still have my iPhone 7+ so I'm considering returning this one.

Pros

• Bigger screens.
  • Fast & Smooth

Cons

• Lacks memory expansion slot.
  • No wireless charging. Seriously?
  • Reception.
  • Feels cheap.
  • Camera. It's just ok.

jackbely
posted on 10 Jun 2018, 04:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Jun 2018)

Still the best large sized iPhone!

jackbely has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I was a bit reluctant buying this phone in October 2017, seeing that it was quite expensive and there were not many other external differences. However, the internal differences have been made so much better, the phone is faster, works better, upgraded processors etc. Also the camera is great. Perfect to buy and still the best big phone on the market, alongside the note 8 and the s9+!

Pros

• Great Camera
  • Still One Of The Fastest Phones
  • Charges Quickly
  • Great Deals
  • Perfect Features
  • Large Size
  • Many More

Cons

• Can Be Pricey
  • Same Design as Other Models

KC2FYA
posted on 28 Aug 2018, 08:58 (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)

Great for Weather Spotter!

KC2FYA has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I decided to try an Apple I-Phone after having a Galaxy S8 and I am so far impressed with the phone. I notice that the phone is very stable. No lagging and the UI is fast. I had to acquaint myself with the Apple layout, but I find it to be simplistic. The 5.5" display is good for me. I do notice a bit more pixels than my S8 (with a 5.8" screen), but that's with my readers on. The colors are displayed very well.

The battery standby is supreme considering the display. I still have 100% after 10+ hours of standby. This occurs without having the low power setting on. The screen does drain the battery moderately after being continuously on of course.

I like the ring silent switch (dedicated) by the volume keys. This makes it so easy to instantly silence the phone. I wish there was a notification icon to show when this is enabled!

Calls are loud and clear both on the earpiece and speakerphone. The ringers are loud and distinctive. I like the keyboard now, wish it had a few more symbols like the Degree for weather observations.

I did receive the 11.4.1update. So far the phone is working well as of 8/28/2018.

Build quality 8/10 Bulky, and Glass Backing scares me.
Reception 9/10 Reception is Good to Excellent.
Call quality 10/10 Phone is loud and clear, especially on speakerphone.
Internet 9/10 Getting used to the Safari Browser.
Multimedia 9/10 My Music did not transfer from my Android. No SD Card slot.
Camera 9/10 Camera is good, can not seem to locate Resolution Options. Am I stuck on 12 MP?
UI speed 10/10 UI is fast, No Lag! Even after the 11.3 update.
Everyday usage 9/10 I miss some of the features of my S8 like locking SMS messages.
Text input 9/10 I figured out the swipe method to getting numbers and characters in momentarily. Miss the Degrees symbol.
Display 9/10 Good Enough, FHD screen displays colors well.
Battery 10/10 Standby time is awesome considering the FHD Display. When screen is on for a while the battery drain is noticed.

Pros

• LONG Battery Life on Standby
  • Nice colors displayed
  • UI is Snappy
  • Earbuds are excellent
  • Dedicated Ring/Silence switch
  • No Bloatware
  • 11.4.1 Update

Cons

• Keyboard needs more symbols
  • Glass Backing
  • No SD Card slot
  • Only one resolution option on Camera?
  • No Ringer Silent Icon
  • Extra Step in deleting Messages.

KC2FYA alternatives: