Apple iPhone 8 Plus User Reviews

9.5

9.5

baldilocks posted on Dec 19, 2017, 2:03 PM
Posts: 1540; Member since: Dec 14, 2008

Probably the last best iPhone.

baldilocks has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Probably the last best iPhone. Until Apple comes up with some more logical gestures for an all screen iPhone and removes the hideous notch, I am afraid this will be the last great TRUE iPhone.

Pretty much an excellent device. Speedy and trustworthy.

• Dual Speakers
  • 256 GB Storage Option
  • Waterproofing
  • Excellent Camera
  • Powerful Processor

Cons

• No expandable Storage
  • No Real File System Access
  • No real personalization Options

FerneyZan posted on Nov 01, 2017, 2:17 AM
Posts: 114; Member since: Jul 21, 2010

Hmmm. Not as good as I expected. WTH?

FerneyZan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

To be honest,, I seriously don't understand how is PhoneArena giving this phone such a high rating? When there a few phones that are much better than this one. Oh well. If you are heavily invested into Apple products, this may be a good fit for you. But if not. You definitely not getting a better phone for the money, I would stay away from it.. The Samsung S8+ and specially the LG V30 are much better phones. I still have my iPhone 7+ so I'm considering returning this one.

Pros

• Bigger screens.
  • Fast & Smooth

Cons

• Lacks memory expansion slot.
  • No wireless charging. Seriously?
  • Reception.
  • Feels cheap.
  • Camera. It's just ok.

watersforfishes posted on May 11, 2019, 7:39 PM
Posts: 4; Member since: Jan 09, 2019

watersforfishes has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Very solid performing device. I recently upgraded to the Xs Max from this device and can say I had no reason to than to have a updated phone design. This device has a great build quality and great internals. Definitely a premium device. That being said the look is just long outdated and really makes you feel like you're in 2016.

Premium device.

Pros

• Snappy device
  • good build quality

Cons

• outdated look

tejas_nayak posted on Jan 26, 2019, 8:43 AM
Posts: 1; Member since: May 13, 2009

Still the Best of the classic lot.

tejas_nayak has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had an eye for the 10th anniversary iPhone to be released in Q3 2017 for which had planned to migrate from the Android ecosystem after these 7 years. However, after seeing the first gen iPhone X and knowing that Apple's 2/3rd gen devices are much much better than the 1st gen, opted to settle for the next best at that time in Oct2017, and boy am I not disappointed at all. The 8/8 Plus are like the most refined last of their generations iPhones to be released by Apple before killing the TouchID embracing their new concept of FaceID. Being a bit of an old-fashioned fingerprint user from the Android zone, I was not too comfortable to rely on the TouchID even as it may be from Apple. But as I had experienced even as the external body and factor of the iPhone 8 Plus are 4 years old, what made up slightly for the difference factor is its glass-back. One immediately feel the change while using the 8Plus vs the older models (Bro's got an iPhone 7). The premium feel is just an advantage in addition to its revamped internals (A11 Bionic with Neural Engine(10nm), the addition of the CMOS image sensor giving the capability of portrait shots to the new dual-lenses). Not only was I surprised at its buttery smooth speed as compared with older iPhones but also relieved that I hadn't made any compromise in terms of the need of the crowd to have the latest & unique distinguishing iPhone every year. It has been ~15months since I first got this phone and it still works better with each incremental...

Am too careful with the phone even if its n the Spigen rubber case. Too scared to use it out of the case to showcase/flaunt its beautiful black-glass back.
This one's tricky as it has got all the shenanigans for connectivity and comes with BT 5.0 which consumes Low Power. However there have been cases when it looses signal abruptly - I suspect mischief from the carrier's end (Aarrgh, Vodafone-India).
Loud and clear crisp and its noise cancellation is A1. Attending a call in an Indian Wedding function last year and the recipient was still able to hear my voice loud and clear even in the midst of the wedding commotion and sound.
Safari and Chrome both works buttery smooth - Steve Jobs redefining the HTML5 protocol for the video had done a huge favor or the industry back in his days. I've noticed Safari is much more user friendly and FAAAASST than Chrome on iOS. Man I love Safari on iOS devices but when it comes to Win10 Laptop Chrome all the way.
Plays anything that you throw at it. Atleast that is what I have experienced so far and with so many online content providers for video and music - do you really transfer multimedia onto your phone in 2019 anymore?
Haven't seen such beautiful pictures in the first place since Oct/2017 when I had first bought the AI capabilities as technological enhancements in recent times puts the quality of iPhone 8 Plus behind the curve but at the time of the release it had and still manages to surprise me with its quality. Am not much of a photographer myself (<1500 pics since the last ~15 months that I have the iPhone 8 Plus) but I feel no need for a DSLR with the iPhone 8 Plus.
As of 18Jan/2019 the iOS version 12.1.2 is still much smoother than its predecessor iOS 11 which frankly I think was a collosal hiccup to the upgrades of the iOS. Hence it made Apple to extend their release to devices which were 6 yrs old to leave them in better state on iOS 12.
It is buttery smooth with every update iOS 12.1.2 has especially made the device much more smoother. Agree there were faults with the iOS 11 and its subsequent updates but with iOS 12 and its incrementals, it seems that the previous version of the OS could have been skipped altogether
Can add third party keyboards is something which am very pleased with Apple.Google Keyboard having multiple languages is something am very very comfortable with and now with every release Google Keyboard is adding variants of the same language ENG-HIN or GUJ and swift keyboard working is a relief.
Though I do not require more than 720p nor is it possible to have more than that due to mobile internet speeds here in India, the 1080p screen is fairly crisp and sharp. Auto-Brightness is prickly many times but otherwise a great sharp display.
Standby time is so awesome sometimes with 5-6 hours of on-screen and off-screen time usage combined, have got 72 hours of standby.

Pros

• Still the next Best Powerful Processor
  • No Carpwares/Bloatwares like in Android Flagships
  • Longest Battery life amongst any iPhones
  • Buttery Smooth UI
  • Built Quality is as always
  • Fast Charging - 80% in 60 mins using iPad Charger

Cons

• Scared to break the fragile glass body

tejas_nayak alternatives:

jackbely posted on Jun 10, 2018, 4:44 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 10, 2018

Still the best large sized iPhone!

jackbely has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I was a bit reluctant buying this phone in October 2017, seeing that it was quite expensive and there were not many other external differences. However, the internal differences have been made so much better, the phone is faster, works better, upgraded processors etc. Also the camera is great. Perfect to buy and still the best big phone on the market, alongside the note 8 and the s9+!

Pros

• Great Camera
  • Still One Of The Fastest Phones
  • Charges Quickly
  • Great Deals
  • Perfect Features
  • Large Size
  • Many More

Cons

• Can Be Pricey
  • Same Design as Other Models

KC2FYA posted on Aug 28, 2018, 8:58 AM
Posts: 3; Member since: Dec 19, 2013

Great for Weather Spotter!

KC2FYA has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I decided to try an Apple I-Phone after having a Galaxy S8 and I am so far impressed with the phone. I notice that the phone is very stable. No lagging and the UI is fast. I had to acquaint myself with the Apple layout, but I find it to be simplistic. The 5.5" display is good for me. I do notice a bit more pixels than my S8 (with a 5.8" screen), but that's with my readers on. The colors are displayed very well.

The battery standby is supreme considering the display. I still have 100% after 10+ hours of standby. This occurs without having the low power setting on. The screen does drain the battery moderately after being continuously on of course.

I like the ring silent switch (dedicated) by the volume keys. This makes it so easy to instantly silence the phone. I wish there was a notification icon to show when this is enabled!

Calls are loud and clear both on the earpiece and speakerphone. The ringers are loud and distinctive. I like the keyboard now, wish it had a few more symbols like the Degree for weather observations.

I did receive the 11.4.1update. So far the phone is working well as of 8/28/2018.

Bulky, and Glass Backing scares me.
Reception is Good to Excellent.
Phone is loud and clear, especially on speakerphone.
Getting used to the Safari Browser.
My Music did not transfer from my Android. No SD Card slot.
Camera is good, can not seem to locate Resolution Options. Am I stuck on 12 MP?
UI is fast, No Lag! Even after the 11.3 update.
I miss some of the features of my S8 like locking SMS messages.
I figured out the swipe method to getting numbers and characters in momentarily. Miss the Degrees symbol.
Good Enough, FHD screen displays colors well.
Standby time is awesome considering the FHD Display. When screen is on for a while the battery drain is noticed.

Pros

• LONG Battery Life on Standby
  • Nice colors displayed
  • UI is Snappy
  • Earbuds are excellent
  • Dedicated Ring/Silence switch
  • No Bloatware
  • 11.4.1 Update

Cons

• Keyboard needs more symbols
  • Glass Backing
  • No SD Card slot
  • Only one resolution option on Camera?
  • No Ringer Silent Icon
  • Extra Step in deleting Messages.

KC2FYA alternatives: