How soon will the Epic 4G become outdated?
darkfroggy posted on 05 Feb 2011, 19:57 0 0
I'm going to be getting a new phone in May (with Sprint) and if nothing spectacular shows up between now and then, I'm probably getting the Epic. But I was wondering if the phone would be considered old after 2 years (and I'll most definitely have to keep it for the full 2 years), especially because it will already have been out for 8 months or so when I get it.
Also, the reason I want that phone specifically is because of its physical keyboard. I've noticed that these are becoming less and less common in phones, it kind of seems like they're gonna be extinct. Is this so? Cause that would kind of suck, I reallllly like physical keyboards and I'm pretty sure I'd go mad if I had a phone without one... but are any of the phones coming out this year going to have them?
1. therygy posted on 06 Feb 2011, 12:06 0 0
1. who are you writing this on the at&t disscusion board? sprint users would no more that at&t users.
2. physical keyboards are not going instinct they are just being put on lower end devices.
3. Rumors say that sprint is releasing something big in the summer, so if you want the epic but are afraid that it wil be out dated quickly, that just wait until june or july to get your phone.
4. The epic is already out dated. It has android 2.1 and isnt going to recieve an update for a while
5. If you want an android with a good keyboard, switch to verizon and wait for the Droid 3. That will most likely come out and it will most likely have a keyboard considering how well the droid and droid 2 did.
2. therygy posted on 06 Feb 2011, 12:07 0 0
for point number 1 i mean't to say "why are you writing...."