Sony Xperia M2 User Reviews

Display8.3/10
Build quality8.4/10
Text input9.3/10

missbieber
posted on 31 Mar 2015, 19:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Mar 2015)

Okay I guess

missbieber has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I bought this phone because my iPhone 5s wouldn't charge properly and i read some review on it and they said this phone was quite good. However the phone did not reach my expectations because the front camera is terrible and the phone constantly freezes when I'm in the middle of texting someone. having said this the back camera works fine

Build quality 7/10 it has a really good build quality because it is likely to last as it handles drops really well and it is easy to grip on to
Reception 8/10 the phone has very clear reception
Call quality 8/10 the call quality is great however it can sometimes lack volume on speaker phone
Internet 6/10 the internet is good however it can run slow at times
Multimedia 10/10 play back through headphones is fantastic and everything can be heard clearly through the speakers
Camera 5/10 The back camera is good however the front camera lack quality
UI speed 6/10 this phone is fast but it sometimes lacks speed when using internet or on some apps
Everyday usage 9/10 Everyday usage is fine but sometimes when I'm sending messages my phone tends to freeze
Display 9/10 The display screen is good however it is hard to see in sunlight
Battery 10/10 in general the battery is very good an it can last all day without being charged

Pros

• great battery life
  • great audio from speakers and when using headphones

Cons

• constantly freezes when sending text messages
  • front camera is terrible
  • sometimes runs slow when using the internet

panama27
posted on 11 Jan 2015, 16:07 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Jan 2015)

Pretty Good Midrange Phone- Run away from KitKat

panama27 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have been using it for 2 months now. I'm a physician so I don't look at it every second and I am not a teenager with need for attention so I don't take pictures of everything in my everyday life. That said, for the average user who needs to use some apps, a photo now and then, lots of texting and don't have the luxury of a charger by your side, does pretty well.

Build quality 8/10 Even though is not a High priced cellphone I think the quality is pretty good for the price
Reception 9/10 So far I haven't had big problems with the reception. It also depends on the carrier.
Call quality 8/10 I don't make long calls, sometimes long distances though. I hear well and they hear me well on the other side. I do not expect a dolby surround 7.2 etc...quality. Its a cellphone.
Internet 8/10 With LTE most of the time (carrier related too) I do not complain.
Multimedia 8/10 Sony pretty much tries to take control of your media experience. For the average user like me is pretty much ok but I guess some freedom would be better.
Camera 7/10 Its not a Movie maker...then again i just use it for the occasional foto which I think its ok and for scanning a document every now and then. If you are into selfies and taking picture from every coffee you buy...Its not your phone.
UI speed 8/10 Does what it has to do for the average user without most delays.
Everyday usage 9/10 It does pretty much what is expected to do. For the first time in years Im not worried about carrying a charger or not...Battery lasts a day or more and Stamina kicks in and makes its part.
Text input 7/10 Im not sure. I think it could be better, for instance the keyboard could have an extra row for the numbers.
Display 8/10 Its big but not so big, I don't feel like I'm carrying a TV in my pocket. (I'm a man, I don't carry a purse for my stuff).
Battery 8/10 I think is the best quality on this phone, in fact the reason I bought it. So far I'm not dissaponinted. I don't like the fact its enclosed but nothing can be perfect.

Pros

• Not that big if you don't want to carry a TV in your pocket

Cons

• Do not upgrade to KitKat, its 8gb rom are not enough if you loose SD-management rights. Which I hate, but that's Google's fault. In fact if they don't fix it I thing my next phone will be Windows.

markelof
posted on 17 Nov 2014, 10:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Nov 2014)

amazing phone at 17 k

markelof has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

amazing phone found in 17 k priline , would be dissapointing if the price range is as proposed initialy of 22k .
nice camera , nice browser , amzing response
updated to kitkat
lag free
a must buy phone at this range !!!!!!!

Build quality 9/10 excellent finish
Call quality 9/10 awesome crystal pure
Internet 9/10 amazing
Multimedia 8/10 great
Camera 9/10 excellent in all condition

Pros

• good battery life
  • nice rear camera
  • superb gaming
  • nice display

Cons

• nothing so far

dami1996
posted on 15 Nov 2014, 10:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Nov 2014)

Sony Xperia M2. One of the best devices out there.

dami1996 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have to say that i agree with most people on this page. The phone is amazing and i have read the PhoneArena review and i have to say it was a bit harsh. The phone is one of the best Mid Ranged phones ive used. Even the Motorola Moto G and the HTC Desire 610 can't get near this phone. In fact the only place where the Moto G can get near is that fact it has a HD 720p Screen. The phone has a wide range of features and an impressive amount of specs including a 8MP camera, 4.8 inch screen and more. Lets be honest Sony and Microsoft are the only ones who can actually produce quality mid range smartphone.

Build quality 10/10 The material which the phone is made of may be plastic but the Corning Gorilla Glass gives the phone a stylish look.
Reception 9/10 Perfect signal always No dropped calls Clear voices from the caller.
Internet 9/10 Very Fast with 4G Clear and easy to read text Large screen means its easy to see pictures Quality is great
Multimedia 9/10 Music apps are great YouTube is very fast and speedy Videos are shown in HD which clean and clear
Camera 10/10 The camera is pretty good Quality photos and sharpness is on top here. Great video quality as well HD 1080p recording
UI speed 10/10 QUAD CORE is just a breeze Apps and videos load in a few seconds Fast access You know everything first, fast

Mike767
posted on 27 Sep 2014, 11:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Sep 2014)

Great Mid-range phone

Mike767 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I bought this phone about 6 weeks ago and I really liked it and I still do. I basically made this review, cause I think PhoneArena's review on the M2 is not right.
They gave it a 5 but I think the m2 deserves atleast a 7.5. The build qualtiy is good, not only does the phone look really good, it also feels really solid and its just the right size for people with small hands. PhoneArena was also very negative about the call quality, which I had no problems with at all. The interface sony is using is very user-friendly and Is just really easy to use. the battery and the display are also very good, especially the battery is amazing, I can play games and browse the internet all day long without having to charge my battery.The only con of the M2 is the camera which is just really poor but don't get me wrong, you are still able to make good photos, Its just not the quality I'm used to. I think this phone is one of the best Mid-range phones you can get at the moment and if the camera is not important to you, I would definitely recommend this phone to people with a Mid-range budget.

• UI Performance

Cons

• Camera is not that good

Zeiz67
posted on 03 Aug 2014, 09:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Aug 2014)

A really great phone !

Zeiz67 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I’ve had this device for 10 days now and I have to admit that PhoneArena’s review is a bit harsh. Most of what is said is true. There are just to things that are really unfair:
- the photo quality isn’t as bad as the review says : as long as you take pictures with the manual mode, they are very acceptable
- the call quality is awesome ! Much better than other devices I’ve had in the past. With my former phone (a Nokia Lumia 820) it was almost impossible to make a call. With this Xperia M2, people can hear me again and I can hear them too.

Globally, my impressions on this phone are pretty good. It is a very beautiful device that feels premium and expensive even if it really isn’t. It’s very easy to use and with android 4.3 the user experience is awesome. Can’t wait to get android 4.4 kitkat!

The best feature of this phone is the battery. Most of us have always had issues with really poor batteries that last a day tops… if we’re lucky!
That is all in the past – with this phone you get a two day battery life on “normal mode”… and if you activate Sony’s “stamina mode” you can go up to 4 days! A full 4 days! Of course, this is based on my personal usage which is: 5 calls a days, 50 to 100 text messages a day, some Facebook and twitter, some internet browsing and e-mail.
I guess that if you start playing heavy performance games for hours the battery will definitely not last that long… but it will still be better than other smartphones.

Build quality 9/10 The phone feels premium even if at this price range... it really isn't !
Reception 10/10 Awesome reception... whether we're talking 2G, 3G or 4G.
Call quality 9/10 No issues whatsoever - I can hear the person on the other end perfectly and so does he !
Internet 9/10 Great internet browsing... though some lag is noticeable.
Camera 7/10 The photo quality is more than ok, provided that you use the manual mode.
UI speed 8/10 UI is very smooth... though some lag is noticeable when many applications are turned on.
Everyday usage 10/10 Great companion that does everything I want it to !
Text input 10/10 Great keybord that allows user to type really fast.
Display 8/10 Screen is not the best one I've seen... but still pretty ok for mu everyday use.
Battery 10/10 Amazing battery! A full 4 days with the "stamina mode" on.

izprve
posted on 26 Jun 2014, 08:07 (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Jun 2014)

good value for your money, Xperia M2

izprve has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I am using Sony Xperia M2 now for some time and i have to say in my personal opinion it is positioned well in the market. You can purchase the device for reasonable 200€ or 270$. It is a midrange device and it is 2.5 times cheaper then its big brother Xperia Z2. I have to say, mostly i agree with the review done by PhoneArena but there are couple of points i believe they were to tough on. But first is first, lets start with design of the device. It is great! Sony, have to say, now has the range on of the best looking devices on the market. The build quality is also ok, It is not made of metal but nevertheless the feel of the phone in the hand is good and firm, solid. One of the best features is users interface design. It is simple, fluent and easy to work with. Its hardware is more than sufficient for normal usage. I have to say, so far had no problems with overheating the device. Mostly i am only running apps such as Endomondo, RunKeeper, SnapChat, Facebook, etc, and a lot of browsing. Onced i had the chance of using Xperia Arc S and it was heating by only using the phonebook  or trying to surf the net... Also i am not experiencing any lag, so thumbs up! But the true winner of this phone is its battery. Going through the day with no charging is something normal to expect. Now to discuss the things that are not so good. The camera is a joke haha it really is. During the day when the light is ok, pictures are »fine« (you have to use manual mode and set it up to 8 megapixels),...

Build quality 8/10 It is firm and it feels good in your hand.
Reception 9/10 No problems when making a call.
Call quality 8/10 Really good. At least for me, don't know what did you think about poor phone quality?
Internet 9/10 Fast and no lagging.
Multimedia 8/10 Unnecessary apps which cannot be removed...
Camera 4/10 It is a jock, They could probably fix it with a simple update...
UI speed 9/10 Work flow is fast and with no lag...
Everyday usage 9/10 no complains
Text input 9/10 fine
Display 7/10 Glossy when the light is high.
Battery 9/10 Cham of the day, really good.

Pros

• UI
  • Looks, design
  • Screen size
  • Price

• Display, screen...

izprve alternatives:

radex
posted on 30 May 2014, 18:47 (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 May 2014)

good midranger

radex has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

generally I am not heavy user most used for internet browsing and watching videos the phone is ok with that , good screen good processor . this phone does get the job done . and in the end of course it is not a flagship . but a good one by sony

Build quality 7/10 looks good feels good but it is huge .
Reception 10/10 no problems with reception . two sims work together never miss a call
Call quality 10/10 no problems at all
Camera 5/10 not so good neither in images nor in video
UI speed 9/10 no lag at all
Everyday usage 8/10 except for photography
Battery 8/10 long lasting battery

Pros

• dual call
  • beautiful notification LED
  • long battery life

Cons

• bad camera
  • very big phone

Shazia
posted on 22 May 2014, 06:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 May 2014)

Awesome

Shazia has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Awesome phone i am using less then a month its awesome i have tried so many apps and games no lag camera is nice and no issue at all buy it without any hesitation i am in love with it thx Sony I have read so many reviews i dont know why people are complaining you should try it and you should know how to use a smart phone before commenting its really a nice phone i have faced no issue at all its more then what i expected....... now my next phone will be xperia z2

Pros

• Excellent display
  • super speed
  • nice camera
  • good for gaming
  • typing is soo smooth
  • no lags