Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch User Reviews

Internet8.9/10
Call quality6.4/10
Battery8.4/10

calvinerico
posted on 10 Aug 2014, 08:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Aug 2014)

Great Tab!

calvinerico has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It's a great tab for a mid-end device.. i had the wi-fi only version, and it's great! but it's kinda slow.. well i like it and with android 4.4 kitkat, this thing can use multiuser experience! it's kinda slow when you're switching users.

Build quality 9/10 it's cool
Reception 1/10 wi-fi only
Call quality 1/10 wi-fi only
Multimedia 3/10 not quite fun for music
Camera 4/10 It's just 5.0MP, but it's okay
UI speed 5/10 it's fine
Text input 4/10 too tight
Display 8/10 it's okay
Battery 10/10 Nice Batteries!

Pros

• It's a great tab for a mid-end device!

Cons

• It's slippery

gsterwadkar
posted on 19 Mar 2014, 08:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Mar 2014)

Best tablet for media consumption only

gsterwadkar has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This is best for media consumption. I own the one with calling feature. I hardly use that feature but it is handy.
The display quality is great. It sounds very really great.
Ram is 1.5 GB and it never hangs but surely it lags sometimes.
It is just beautiful to feel the tablet.
Camera is waste. Forget about quality. Front facing camera is OK.
Battery is excellent.

Build quality 10/10 Ease for handling.
Reception 9/10 Great features for tablet.
Call quality 9/10 Not required but itbis great.
Internet 10/10 Best browsing experince with multi window feature.
Multimedia 10/10 Best multimedia tablet.
Camera 8/10 Just OK for tablet.
UI speed 7/10 It is laggy.
Everyday usage 10/10 Best in class.
Text input 10/10 Better than best. You can use OTG or bluetooth keyboard if required.
Display 10/10 Very nice display.
Battery 9/10 Fantastic stand by time.

Pros

• Internet usuage
  • Multimedia features with dolby output
  • calling feature
  • micro sd card availability

Cons

• Rear Camera. Not required at all. Flast missing
  • Display resolution should be at least full HD

jayydenn621
posted on 04 Mar 2014, 08:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Mar 2014)

Great Tablet

jayydenn621 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Love this tablet. It comes with all the bells and whistles. Great for watching videos, and the speakers are good. This tablet is really nice. I would recommend this tablet highly. Had the Toshiba thrive and this tablet is much better.

kyc10
posted on 18 Feb 2014, 15:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)

Great tablet

kyc10 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Had a Nexus 7 2013 before getting the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0. Although the Nexus 7 was faster, had better specs (etc, etc), I just found the screen to be too small. I decided to get the Tab 3.8 and it was one of the best decisions I made this year. The extra real estate on the screen was definitely a big plus. Despite the lower-tier specs of the Tab 3.8, I found that the tablet still handled everything beautifully. The camera could have been better, though.

Pros

• Large screen
  • Great battery life
  • Quality build

Cons

• Camera could have been better
  • Lower specs than other tablets
  • Price

DiscoZ
posted on 29 Jul 2013, 15:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Jul 2013)

The best in it's class at the moment

DiscoZ has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've been looking for that happy --side-- medium of tablets for a while. I own an iPad 4 and an Ainol Novo 9 Spark. I've also owned an Asus Transformer (with the high PPI display) and a Playbook in the past.

The '7 inch tabs I find too small, not much of an upgrade from my phone, while 8 - 9 seems the perfect size for games, reading (a little tough for magazines, but OK). I realize many look to compare the Nexus 7 or other 7 inch tabs with the Galaxy, but really it’s only competitors are:

1. The iPad mini (which is iOS so not really a competitor as you have to want an Apple product, and I wanted an ‘8 Android tab);
2. The plethora of Chinese 8 tabs – the issue with those is the software, I have a Ainol and while it is a great tab on spec and has a beautiful screen, it is not without issues;
3. The Tab 8 – which is more powerful, slightly larger, but much more expensive in Canada - $130 price difference; and
4. The Asus, which has a worse screen.

My AnTuTu results were about the same as my S3 and the Ainol, however this tablet is much faster than the Ainol, the Asus Transformer and the Playbook. It is almost on par with the iPad 4 Retina. I have personally not noticed any irksome lag or hesitation and this is running power saving mode all the time. The display could be a bit sharper, but having 3 other (including GS3) retina-esque ppi devices, I don’t mind it much at all. It is much sharper than the iPad mini and the 7.9 Asus screens. It is easy to hold in one hand and quick...

Reception 9/10 It made me select, so I made it my average.
Call quality 9/10 It made me select, so I made it my average.

Pros

• Size and feel
  • Samsung build quality
  • Fast wifi, UI and surfing
  • Scarcity of quality '8 tablets

Cons

• Screen could be sharper
  • Could be a little cheaper

bigal
posted on 20 Jul 2013, 09:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Jul 2013)

Why I bought the tab 3 8.0 instead of 7.0 ?

bigal has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I should hv bought the tab 3 7.0 instead of 8.0 & save $100. But the 8.0 is more efficient....bigger screen & slimmer bezel....nicer camera, etc. After I bought the 8.0, I heard that Asus is coming out with a quad-core MeMo 7 with better HD screen, etc. at only half the price. I may have to return this 8.0 to BestBuy.

Internet 8/10 dual band wifi
Camera 6/10 the iPad still have a better low light camera
Everyday usage 9/10 good compact light-weight design
Text input 2/10 the old G1 iPad still have a better multi-language text input method than this new Tab 3
Battery 6/10 the battery can only last for 4 to 5 hours in real life

Pros

• Nice slim bezel design

Cons

• Expensive, expensive, expensive
  • Asus is coming out with MeMo7 HD

pgrillone
posted on 09 Jul 2013, 08:38 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)

What I was looking for

pgrillone has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

People will say "it doesnt have the latest and greatest specs" and they will be right. I use the tablet for business as well as pleasure. The GPS is nice on a road trip, The screen is clear and bright without pixelation. The form factor is thin and solid. It can connect to wifi at 5ghz. The Camera is 5 mp and I use it for taking photos of my paychecks to deposit online. Fits easily in my front pocket of my cargo shorts. Sure I would like a quadcore procssor, but as long as the tablet is quick and fluid, Im not too concerned. SD card slot is a big bonus. Ive owned alot of tablets ( ipad2,3,4,mini. N7, note 8, ) every tablet has its advantages, I just like the the combination of features on the tab 3 8.0
i believe that the 8 inch screen is the sweetspot for tablets, I probably would be interested in the next N7 if it comes with a bigger screen and a rear camera.
Well that's my 2 cents.