Samsung Galaxy S5 mini User Reviews

lilygnunn
posted on 22 Oct 2014, 07:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Oct 2014)

Lovely 'little' phone!

lilygnunn has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was torn between this and the iphone 5c. Glad I went for this, it is colourful and very easy to personalise which is nice. texting is nice and easy once youre used to the keyboard and the texting background can be personalised to a theme or personal photo which is a nice touch I think. Has some clever features, a simplify setting for those struggling with getting to use it, a power saving ultra mode which means the battery can last a day on only 10% battery (I tested this, I had 5% battery, turned it on and it lasted 8 hours of being used), the notification mode is good, if the screen is locked and you have a notification, not only will there be a coloured light flashing but if you pick it up it will vibrate to let you know there is something to look at without having to unlock it- nice touch I use it all the time and obviously helps battery life too.
Samsungs always come with so many apps already installed which I never liked but they have now introduced a setting where you can hide or uninstall the apps so you no long have to look at them! great as I don't need some of them and they clog up my neat app library.
Only downside ive had so far is call quality, not for me with the phone as the person on the phone sounds crystal clear but apparently even if I speak directly into the phone it sounds like im very distant and quiet... not great.

Reception 9/10 Could be the provider and not the phone im not sure yet.
Call quality 8/10 apparently you sound very distant when someone is trying to listen to you when they call you.
Battery 10/10 I use it a fair amount and I have managed to get it to last 3 days. it will 2 easily! good for a new phone with a lot of tech!

Pros

• Very sleek
  • Quick
  • Clever notification features
  • Good camer
  • Its not an iphone!

Cons

• Call quality for other person