Nokia Lumia 822 User Reviews

Text input8.5/10
Everyday usage8.5/10
Camera8.5/10

CMDRSheprd
posted on 24 Nov 2012, 14:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)

Love it!

CMDRSheprd has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have used the iPhone 4S and didn't like crazy Apple control and lack of universal enviroment. I switched to Samsung GALAXY 3 for a short time but found that it wasn't really any faster than some of the cheaper models that also used Android. I made the choice to move to the Windows Phone 8 based on the fact I bought a Windows 8 Pro computer. I have to say I love the sync options that Windows provides and Nokia did an awesome job on the phone. The UI really is different from iOS or Android. I love the Live tile system and the screen allows you to use the phone outside really well. I get 22 hours on a normal use and 8 hours of games/movies. I do notice that there are a lot of apps that I used on the Android that are missing on Windows.

The Windows Phone Store is easy to use and search. I found an app called radio control that allows pandora to be used on the WP8. Spotify is not yet there and I do like the Nokia Music but like other have stated it is not the same. I have paired this phone with my xBox and love the features that you can use. I have used front camera for video calls and they look just fine. The back camera does a great job for the point and shoot type. There are lots of apps to use with the photos and camera.

I recommend this phone and WP8 to everybody I meet. You will not be dissapointed by this Nokia 822.

Pros

• Long Battery Life
  • Great display
  • Smooth UI response

Cons

• Wireless charging back plate not included

stoic127
posted on 23 Nov 2012, 22:24 (Posts: 8; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)

wow windows who knew

stoic127 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

When I first got this phone i didnt know what to expect. I have heard good things about the new windows software but was hesitant to try a windows phone. I am greatly impressed with this phone from nokia and how the windows software operates. I usually change my device every 4-6 months so I have been around the block. I had this phone for three days. I may change the review as time goes on.

Build quality: this phone is thick but holds nicely in the palm. Its plastic casing doesnt dent easy and hides scratches.

Reception/call quality: no issues so far. callers say I sound find and I havent had any echo issues. Still drop calls in the same areas that my other phones did (certain areas of bart).

Internet: Internet explorer is actually esy to use on the mobile platform. It does suffer from not having flash support but the newer androids and iphones dont have flash as well. I like having the addreess bar on the bottom of the screen as it makes it easier for one handed use.

Multimedia: No avi support was a bummer. Video playback can be glitchy and sometimes distorted. A small peeve is that video and pictures are in separate apps. Edit- A big miss for myself is the lack of pandora. There are reorts of pandora coming early 2013. There is nokia music which is similar but its not the same.

Camera. The auto focus works great with the flash. On other devices sometimes the flash would interfere with pics but havent had that issue. Pictures come out nice and clear.

UI speed" menu is...

Multimedia 6/10 no pandora
Everyday usage 7/10 change after further use

Pros

• price
  • facebook/twitter integration
  • ease of use

Cons

• app market small (for now)
  • battery (all 4g phones)
  • no pandora
  • gps stinks
  • video playback can glitch