x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Text input9.7/10
Everyday usage9.6/10
UI speed9.7/10

Shimoner01
posted on 30 Jun 2014, 09:35 (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)

Unreal Phone.

Shimoner01 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is enormous. When I took it out of the box I was in shock. In fact, I had considered sending it back, but after testing it in my various pant pockets to ensure that it fit, I decided not to; and I am glad that I didn't. It only took a few days to get used to the size and now using smaller phones, particularly those as small as the iPhone, feels like child's play. Between the screen's size and resolution watching video and playing games in unparalleled. The camera is amazing; this phone takes better pictures than any of my friend's phones - period. It may not have the resolution of the 1020, but the difference is negligible and it also doesn't have that ridiculous hump on the back. The other stand-out hardware feature is the battery. I am coming from a Lumia 920, which itself got 1-day/charge on heavy usage, and this blows it out of the water. The 3400mah battery can go two days if need be, and on heavy usage will still get you about 36 hours. I would also add to that, for clarity, that it gets that kind of mileage while being connected to LTE all day; syncing two e-mail accounts; receiving push notifications from Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Linked-In, and Twitter; on WiFi most of the time; and with location services always on. I point that out because a lot of my friends with Androids and iPhones have to keep a lot of that stuff off just to get 10-12 hours from a charge. Resource management seems to be an area that Windows Phone excels in, not to say its perfect,...

Build quality 10/10 Nokia has a great reputation for build-quality for a reason; this phone is very sturdy.
Reception 8/10 This could be because I am using an unlocked international variant, rather than one with a region-specific ROM installed, but it tends to bounce between bands more frequently than I'm used to with phones I've bought straight from a carrier.
Internet 10/10 The new Internet Explorer on Windows Phone 8.1 is an improvement on the version on 8.0. It renders quickly and well. Also, the button placement is more intuitive.
Multimedia 9/10 Would have given it a 10, but the current Xbox Music app could be better.
Camera 10/10 Can't say enough good things about it; from the Nokia Camera interface to the picture quality itself.
UI speed 10/10 This is one area where Windows Phone is legitimately better than competing operating systems; particularly Android.
Everyday usage 9/10 Still missing a couple of apps, particularly in terms of banking. That said, the larger screen makes using the mobile webpage less obnoxious when the need arises.
Text input 10/10 The new swipe keyboard in 8.1 is a marvel - very fast and the auto-correct is typically very precise.
Display 10/10 Gorgeous.
Battery 10/10 Unrivalled battery life in my experience.

• OS Speed

Cons

• Missing a couple of apps

NokiaFTW
posted on 26 May 2014, 02:34 (Posts: 2072; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)

Best phablet on the market period. Great job by Nokia & MS!

NokiaFTW has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've had the L1520 for about a couple of months, and I'm lovin' it!
Its got everything that I want, a big screen, smooth performance, superb battery life, great camera and an awesome design. You really have to hold one for yourself to see the greatness that is the LUMIA 1520!

Build quality 10/10 Did I expect anything else from Nokia? Super design and construction and an awesome selection of colors, though I have the black one. It might be huge for a lot of people, and I have to use it with 2 hands to use it comfortably, but i love that screen size!
Reception 10/10 I've had no problems with reception and my 3G connectivity.
Call quality 10/10 FANTASTIC call quality!
Internet 10/10 IE is awesome! I love it. Its quick and very verryyy smooth!
Multimedia 10/10 That humongous screen is fantastic for watching HD videos and the speaker is decent, though I prefer using my headphones.
Camera 10/10 BEST CAMERA ON THE MARKET, ALONG WITH THE LUMIA 1020. I love the quality of its photos and videos
UI speed 10/10 Now that quad core Snapdragon 800 just FLIES through everything. I'm not a big gamer, but I tried Asphalt 8, and it was AWESOME! Console quality IMO.
Everyday usage 9/10 Awesome quality in terms of build, though its a little big for my liking, but I LOVE IT!
Text input 10/10 WP's keyboard is the BEST keyboard on any OS right now, and with that big screen, the typing is awesome! Also, Word Flow will be coming soon with WP8.1, which I'm waiting to try!
Display 10/10 You have to see it for yourself. That 1080p IPS 6 inch screen is a BEAUTY!
Battery 10/10 With that beastly 3400 mAh battery, my 1520 lasted through ONE WHOLE day of continous heavy usage, and still had about 37% left in the morning!

Pros

• Sturdy and sexy build with a variety of color choices
  • Super sharp and crisp 1080p display
  • Fluid and brisk performance with that beastly 2.2 GHz quad core Snapdragon 800 CPU and a whopping 2 GB of RAM, which makes the phone super future proof
  • Fantastic quality from its 20 MP PureView camera
  • An awesome and stylish UI and OS in WP8
  • Expandable storage, which is very important to some
  • Great pre-installed apps like Nokia MixRadio, HERE Maps, Office 365, OneNote etc.
  • Wireless charging
  • NFC

Cons

• Might to be too big for some people.

NokiaFTW alternatives:

oboboy14
posted on 13 May 2014, 13:50 (Posts: 51; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)

Came from Android, and not disappointed at all!

oboboy14 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I bought this phone after owning the original Galaxy Note (SGH-i717) for almost 3 years. It was rooted and running a custom AOKP rom. I had to root it and install a new ROM because my stock rom was incredibly laggy after updating to Jelly Bean, and going back to ICS meant I lost my calendar data, etc. So I looked into getting a new phone, wanted to try something else other than Android and I get very bored with iOS devices, so I went with Windows Phone.

No regrets! The phone is awesome, great display and functionality. I think the WP app gap will be closing, and the Nokia phones have unparalleled build quality. Not a ton of bloatware, and syncing between accounts was flawless. I also like that photos/videos are uploaded to OneDrive instantly. The seamless integration with Microsoft's mail/calendar/account utilities are a nice touch. I like Android, I think Apple makes nice products, but I decided to give an underdog a chance and I'm glad I did. The ability to use GPS offline with my lumia device is a huge plus, as I travel quite a bit. I HIGHLY recommend this phone to anyone who wants a larger device, doesn't want a tablet and a smartphone, or wanting to try a WP device. You will not regret it!

Build quality 10/10 Very solid
Internet 10/10 Very, very quick.
Multimedia 10/10 Not a huge fan of the music player, but there is nothing to complain about.
Camera 10/10 Pureview, 20 mp with Zeiss glass. Takes amazing pictures.
UI speed 10/10 Instant
Text input 10/10 WP 8.1 wordflow is great, and even if you don't have 8.1 yet, the keyboard is very reactive and the auto-correct/auto suggest is great, better than on my Galaxy Note.
Display 10/10 Beautimous.
Battery 10/10 Easily go 2 days, and depending on usage you could go even longer I'm sure.

Pros

• AMAZING battery life
  • Beautiful display
  • Live tiles are pretty sweet
  • UI is very instant and intuitive

Cons

• Some apps aren't as good as the android version or just aren't available

Marshall2005
posted on 03 Mar 2014, 19:40 (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Jan 2014)

New Experience

Marshall2005 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

i bought this phone to try WP after getting bored of andriod and ios but i got bored of WP faster than i did with andriod.
the live tiles are awesome at first but then you get lost when you try to find the one you are looking for after adding too many on your home screen.
the store has all the apps i need so i don't really complain about that.
on the other hand , the camera is brilliant and the photo editing tools included in the phone are priceless.
the screen is awesome and outdoor visibility is amazing but i had the common issue with the lumia 1520 when it does tap when you intend to swype (yeah it happens alot and it sucks).
the battery is the strongest element of this phone. it is simply , from outer world. last 2 and a half days with alot of calls , facebook , chats , emails and about 2 hours of youtube and 5 hours of music daily.
there are some nice touches like office , skydrive integration and dloby sound enhancement which is really nice.
the WP UI is amazingly fast and NEVER EVER lags or hangs but it is simply ... just boring.

conclusion: i enjoyed me experiment with the lumia 1520 but i will replace it with the note 3. i will regret the camera and the awesome battery but honestly , this is about all i am going to miss from the lumia 1520.

Build quality 9/10 very good materials but the sharp corners are really painful with long usage periods.
Reception 10/10 never had a dropped call and always get full signal everywhere .
Call quality 9/10 usual in nokia phones in general BUT , the phone app itself is pretty basic and lacks important features (it stores every single dialed or missed call in a single entry instead of grouping them and indicating the number of each incident)
Internet 8/10 browsing is fun on that large screen but IE is so limited that you cannot even download from it (and i do not like UC browser) i would very much like it if there is the ability to use chrome
Multimedia 10/10 very good for videos and music although i would like to see a torrent client for WP (non exists as far as i know)
Camera 10/10 words cannot give this camera the credit it deserves (as a phone camera) it can only be beaten by the lumia 1020 or a Nikon DSLR.
UI speed 10/10 buttery smooth with ZERO lag even faster than ios
Everyday usage 8/10 would be 10 of not , again , for the sharp corners. it forces me to leave the phone for a while to rest my hands. also , the screen real estate is wasted because there is no multi tasking (multi window?)
Text input 9/10 the keyboard is accurate with very little chances of typos. but it would have been nice to add a seperate row for numbers.
Display 10/10 simply , gorgeous
Battery 10/10 from outer world

• screen
  • office
  • fast UI
  • again , battery

Cons

• sharp corners
  • phantom screen glitch
  • WP IS BORING
  • no torrent downloads (yeah , that's nitpicking)

Marshall2005 alternatives:

Trex95
posted on 24 Feb 2014, 07:59 (Posts: 938; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)

Nokia's best phone

Trex95 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I left Nokia since 2009 for the Iphone, then 2012 shift to Android and now 2014 going back to Nokia again after 6 years. To be honest this one of the best phone/ Phaplet in the market today it's even better than Note 3, but cause it's windows OS people don't like it due to the lack of apps. Overall it's a great phaplet that comes with excllent build quality and excllent camera but with avarge 1080p video performance but still great camera and one of the best low light performer .

undulose
posted on 04 Jan 2014, 22:28 (Posts: 6; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)

Currently the overall best Windows Phone

undulose has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

GSMArena's 2013 Smartphone Champion surely deserved its title, as this phone proves to be a very efficient one despite a lot of tech critics' despise for its very large size. I agree that its size will matter differently to different people. For me, I already liked it the first time I I held it with my hands.

Despite its fame, Windows Phone surely have still a lot to improve while Nokia's apps (HERE apps and photography-related apps) have surely helped make this champ uniquely efficient in terms of navigation and photography department. Still, I can gladly say that this phone won't fail to amaze even non-WP users out there.

Build quality 10/10 The build seems durable, although I haven't dropped it yet. The back and sides still don't have any scratches.
Reception 10/10 Receives signals in all places reachable by the network provider.
Call quality 10/10 Call quality is clear.
Internet 8/10 IE and UC Browser aren't still optimized for browsing. FB photos cannot be viewed fully even in landscape mode.
Multimedia 9/10 Supports most file types but not all. MoliPlayer, the app that can play even MKV files, isn't free.
Camera 9/10 Second to 1020 in terms of camera AND camera functionality provided by Nokia Camera app. And where else can you see a smartphone that can save images in RAW?
UI speed 9/10 WP is not fast like what Android phones have been wanting to achieve with their flagship devices but it is indeed buttery-smooth and lagless.
Everyday usage 8/10 Before, it reboots frequently because of having Bing (or Bing apps) as my lockscreen but now, the problem's gone. I'm having difficulty bringing it out from my pockets in crowded places like jeepneys and tricycles, but it is still portable. I don't use my hard case most of the time since it already feels light and not slippery.
Text input 10/10 No problems inputting text and sometimes even with only one hand. Word suggestion is impressive because it even stores words not in English as long as you use it often. It also stores proper names and set of names or words you usually type.
Display 10/10 Assertive Display is really good! I am the type of person that works outdoors most of the time, so sunlight readability is really important to me.
Battery 10/10 It lasts with a day of use or sometimes, it can last me two full days with a few hours. I never get my battery to drain in a full day. Aside from Nokia's battery, WP doesn't consume a lot of battery unlike Android.

Pros

• The size is a pro for some people like me. I happen to have large pockets and this phone won't easily slip.
  • 20 MP camera and Nokia Camera app that allows for easy access to ISO, white balance, focus, shutter speed and exposure
  • Saving photos in RAW format
  • People Hub is the best social phonebook out there
  • Assertive Display provides excellent sunlight readability
  • Very supportive battery life
  • Very fluid OS and guaranteed updates
  • Message Hub is very efficient and even seems to be copied by Google Hangouts
  • Feels light and durable
  • Live Tiles are very useful and not very power-hungry like Android widgets
  • Very high resolution

Cons

• Browser isn't optimized for some sites like FB (although there's a good FB app)
  • Can be large for some people; better try it before buying it
  • High-resolution photos cannot be viewed on the phone's native Photos hub.
  • Sometimes, mobile data reception is slow at first when I happen to use battery saver for a long time then I turn it off and turn on mobile data.
  • Lacks smart dialling
  • Marketplace lacks most free apps with good quality like on Play Store
  • Lack of notification center (but for me, it isn't a problem. I only noticed it when some people complain about it.)
  • Big screen is not efficiently utilized as in the Note series which has multiwindow capability

ZPM101
posted on 09 Dec 2013, 16:12 (Posts: 28; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)

Hardware is amazing, totally blown away.

ZPM101 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The build quality of the device in unmatched by the devices I've tested or owned. Very solid feeling and comfortable in my hands. The Camera and the Nokia apps are the highlight of this device. The pictures are amazingly clear and "real". The video and sound recording are excellent as well, but the star of this Nokia show is the still camera. The only thing holding this beast of a device back is the lack of developer support for apps. The battery life is stellar under moderate to heavy use. I've yet to go below 35% after 16hrs of use.

Pros

• Camera, Battery Life, Build Quality

Cons

• Lack of developer support

Phrozt
posted on 26 Nov 2013, 08:47 (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 May 2011)

The 1520 is a fully functional piece of ART!

Phrozt has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Things I like about it:
- DAT SCREEN THO! People talk and talk about how awesome it is, but you literally cannot describe it with words well enough.
- Viewing angles are also unbelievable. If you turn the screen until you can barely see the glass, you can still see everything on it! It looks just like a photograph!
- They clearly knew they were designing a device that is "too big," and they made some compensations to help that. Buttons pop out just enough to use them and no more to keep the device sleek but fully functional. The size allows for bigger buttons, but also plenty of room between them so that you can grip the phone without hitting them.
- I like the fact that they left some space to either side of the 3 bottom buttons. Perfect for holding the phone by the corner with your thumb(s) while you're reading without hitting the back or search button.
- The native programs seem to have been designed with BIG in mind as well. For example, when you are in a call, all of the buttons are dropped to the bottom third of the screen so that you can reach them with your fingers.
- LOVE the glance screen. I have it on all the time which is perfect for my OCD time-checking tendencies, and I haven't noticed any extra drain on the battery.
- Battery life is fantastic. I've been able to get solid 2 days out of it with no problem, including a lot of txting/browsing and light gaming.
- The pre-installed apps are very nice! It's nice to get a phone out of the box and it handle 75% of what...

Build quality 10/10 Built like a tank. Materials feel very solid and do not flex at all
Reception 10/10 MUCH better reception than other phones I've had, or compared to friends' phones
Call quality 9/10 Can hear calls clearly, people can hear me clearly, but could be a little louder
Internet 10/10 DL @ 6.09Mbps Up @ 3.35 Mbps via Quick Bandwidth Test app
Multimedia 10/10 Ummmm.. any video on a 6 inch 1080p screen?? Very nice.
Camera 10/10 Uses Nokia pro cam - more professional features than any other camera in phones. 20MP pictures.. just beautiful
UI speed 10/10 WP has been quicker than other OSs since WP7... WP8 is even sleaker
Everyday usage 10/10 I've done txting, GPS, gaming, emails, calls, browsing.. handles everything with ease
Text input 10/10 Just the right amount of haptic feedback, and one of the best autocorrects in a phone. There's a reason all those "@#*& autocorrect" pics come from IOS and android.
Display 10/10 Once again.. 6", 1080p, impossibly awesome viewing angles.
Battery 10/10 EASY 2 days with light to moderate usage, and probably around 7 hours of gaming

Pros

• Screen/viewing angles
  • Build quality/design
  • Pre-installed apps
  • Battery life/memory management
  • Nokia Pro cam + DNG files

Cons

• Pointy corners

AndrewM
posted on 06 Jun 2016, 09:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Jun 2016)

Superb device

AndrewM has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Love this phone. I've been using it since 2013. Great for getting things done (and great for games).in using this in preference now to my nexus 6.

Battery life is superb. Windows phone ui is refreshing and dynamic and easier to arrange to get things done. Camera is excellent as is outdoor screen visibility.

One of the most enjoyable and reliable devices I've owned.

Pros

• Gorgeous screen
  • Windows phone ui
  • Audio quality
  • Durability
  • Windows keyboard

Cons

• Google doesn't provide apps (though 3Rd party options)

Uhamid
posted on 11 Feb 2016, 21:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)

First few months were awesome..then..

Uhamid has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I loved everything about this phone until the flaws started to appear slowly. Note that the biggest issue I have with it was camera which has surfaced on some phones, including mine, not all. So depending on your luck you can pull that 2/10 camera to 9/10.

Build quality 6/10 Really personal preference. I liked the full color back (Yellow in my case) which is a step away from the usual white and black for most phones these days. What I didn't like about it were buttons on sides. A lot of times you will be accidentally pushing those. Another issue with such positioning is problem with "universal" car gps holder. For me it kept pushing these buttons resulting in power off. Another problem is "ghost taps", where while in a tight case it will develop a problem of auto ba
Reception 9/10 Rarely ever had any problems with reception, unless you are in a bunker type building
Call quality 10/10 Its one area it excels at. Awesome voice and sound quality
Internet 9/10 Good for its time/ technology. Cant complain much
Multimedia 8/10 Built in multimedia apps need learning and can get very confusing to navigate through. But as far as sound and video quality goes, its just awesome
Camera 2/10 20 MP camera. Its THE reason I bought it for. After much use, I really didnt see a very big difference b/w this camera and the standard 13 MP most common in phones these days. BUT the real camera problem made me hate this phone and regret my choice was its constant stuttering which became routine after 2-4 months. You just cant take a picture or make a video without it continuously stutter. Not all phones experience this problem but many people did. I would highly suggest googling this problem
UI speed 8/10 Since the icons are *mostly* white and color of your choosing, they require minimal processing making the UI speed pretty nice. Never had lags except at times of almost crash.
Everyday usage 6/10 Since I cant really use camera, its pretty much worthless for me. As far as games go, they run solid until you start feeling the phone getting hot. But other than that there is a VERY limited number of apps/ games available from Windows store. They announced a software that would just convert android/ apple apps by adding a few lines of codes itself but they have been saying a lot of things and doing little.
Text input 8/10 Its decent. Could use improvement in smoothness like it is in Iphone. Since this is a pretty large phone, a lot depends on your hand size. At times you would need to adjust your paw to be able to reach the corner keys.
Display 10/10 Pretty awesome screen. Very colorful and adjustable in many ways based on your liking. Auto screen brightness is just amazing and you will not have problems even in bright sunlight at high screen brightness setting.
Battery 10/10 Battery is yet another of its distinctive features. One of the best ones out there. At times I don't have to recharge my phone for 3 days straight but then again I am a casual user. A lot of saving comes from their default black background screen.

Pros

• Nice big screen
  • Good speed
  • Awesome sound output and capture
  • Office utility

Cons

• Unfortunately for me, bad camera (stutters a lot, unable to take a clear shot or video)
  • Cant have a tight cover else you could face ghost back taps
  • Phone is fragile without hard external cover

Owdubz
posted on 14 Oct 2015, 17:24 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Oct 2015)

Great Grand Phone

Owdubz has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone was my baby until it got stolen. Everything about it was amazing. The camera was by far the best of any of my previous phones. The built was nice and so were the call qualities. It felt solid and I like that it was a little hefty. I felt safe with it.. so much so that if someone tried to attack me, I could throw this phone at that person and know that it will knock them out. It felt like a premium flagship device. I'll have to edit this later and add to my review.

Pros

• Screen Size
  • Solid Build
  • Bright Screen
  • Amazing Camera that can save RAW pictures
  • Camera did I say Camera?
  • Good Battery Life

Cons

• Size (yes it's also a con for some)
  • Using a case makes the phone way too big for any pocket

mrwall214
posted on 22 May 2015, 18:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 May 2015)

Don't buy it

mrwall214 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Here's it's the deal I have this phone for less than 2 months and suddenly it turn off with out reason I even changed the battery and nothing I don't know what happened but it's a shame a phone like this that got potential is so defective I was trying to switch to windows but I can't be spending this much money on phones like this $ 400 bucks to the trash my lumia 925 is way better

Pros

• Great display,
  • Good batt

Cons

• Search button always start by itself

peterwongdude
posted on 02 Apr 2015, 23:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Apr 2015)

Great Camera, battery, features, built quality and pocket fit.

peterwongdude has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Good battery life. Good camera with 4k recording/Lumia camera. No problem at all using this phone. Bought it last year feels great. Would Recommend other people. Good specs no lag issues and great for a this OS.

DexterS.
posted on 13 Jan 2015, 19:30 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)

Nokia 1520

DexterS. has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Very well built phone and combined with a 1080p IPS LCD screen it looks great and runs smooth. The camera app that comes standard makes it very easy to adjust pictures the way you'd like it to look. There might not be as many apps as other app stores but

Pros

• very slim and looks great

Cons

• Tight in some pockets but still fits.

MikeyDTan
posted on 26 Oct 2014, 05:07 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Oct 2014)

Great everyday 'stills' camera phone which still (just about) fit my pants pockets

MikeyDTan has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

What I like about the Nokia 1520 despite it being a year old now: Great phone for daily usage (internet, call, message, email, camera). Gorgeous camera and photos (captures RAW which allows for non destructive post processing i.e. can undo, not over processed end results which look good but kinda 'cheating' like some other phones). Gorgeous camera and photos (Great RAW which allows for post processing, not over processed like other phones). Very bright screen (easy to see even in bright Day light). Very bright screen (easy to see even in bright Day light). Could be better: Lack of compatible apps / accessory HWs (e.g. range of shutter triggers / cases). For serious phone camera, F-stop should be F2.0 (both for better low light and DOF). Macro mode / HDR bracketing built-in to camera rather than rely 3rd party apps for fast switching. Easier to designate data save on SSD with app installed on phone. No pressure sensitive stylus (not Need to have but will better make 1520 become my do-all device, but i wld settle for Adobe PS on my win 8.1 Dell notebook having touch pressure sensitivity even more ,,,). Missing night mode which emphasize reds / oranges rather than blue themes to avoid disrupt sleepiness. Video could be better but i dont use this much personally, but still ... Split screen usage will be very helpful. Lack IR gun (cannot use as remote).

Pros

• Great phone for daily usage (internet, call, message, email, camera)
  • Gorgeous camera and photos (Great RAW which allows for post processing, not over processed like other phones)
  • Very robust, dropped a few times on concrete floor but other than slight corner dent, its all good
  • Very bright screen (easy to see even in bright Day light)
  • Batter life is satisfactory 1 1/2 days with moderate surfing and camera (no flash) use

Cons

• Still lacking some popular apps like Opera browser but nothing i need
  • lack of compatiable accessory HWs (e.g. range of shutter triggers / cases)
  • For serious phone camera, F-stop should be F2.0 (both for better low light and DOF)
  • Video could be better but i dont use much
  • Lack IR gun (cannot use as remote)
  • Split screen usage will be very helpful
  • Easier to designate data save on SSD with app installed on phone
  • No pressure sensitive stylus (not Need to have but will better make 1520 become my do-all device, but i wld settle for Adobe PS having touch pressure sensitivity even more ,,,)
  • Missing night mode which emphasize reds / oranges rather than blue themes to avoid disrupt sleepiness.
  • macro mode / hdr bracketting built-in to camera rather than rely 3rd party apps

MikeyDTan alternatives:

ebrahem.faour
posted on 10 Oct 2014, 06:19 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Oct 2014)

best phone ever :))

ebrahem.faour has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

it's a huge phone so it would definitely take some getting used to. Suprisingly, Lumia 1520 exceeded my expectations and now I am enjoying a sweet sweet moment with it. It has a very limited apps though but its fine I just wanna use minimal stuff and pin it all in my windows tiles. Great phone, a must have :)

sudheerreddy420
posted on 07 Oct 2014, 06:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Sep 2014)

THE BEAST

sudheerreddy420 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

THE BEAST and THE BEAUTY !!!

WTF !!! Such an amazing mobile in my hands !! WooooW !!!

Everything about this Phone is perfect and fantastic...

I'm going to f**k this phone as much as I can...............................

bryable
posted on 18 Sep 2014, 22:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Aug 2014)

Bryable's Nokia Lumia 1520 (32 GB) Red

bryable has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

it's a huge phone so it would definitely take some getting used to. Suprisingly, Lumia 1520 exceeded my expectations and now I am enjoying a sweet sweet moment with it. It has a very limited apps though but its fine I just wanna use minimal stuff and pin it all in my windows tiles. Great phone, a must have! :-)

Build quality 9/10 It's quite huge. 6.41 inches is really bulky and uncomfortable if your wearing jeans specially with small pocket. And if you're calling someone, its a bit awkward to use it. But I'm used to it and it's a freaking good phone... so it's fine.
Reception 10/10 Great signal so far!
Call quality 10/10 The call quality is really amazing.
Internet 10/10 Best phone for internet!
Multimedia 9/10 The audio is okay but not superb. The video playback is really good but when streaming from youtube and you wanna fast forward, you can just skip every 30 seconds. Best phone for internet!
Camera 10/10 Great camera! Great quality!
Everyday usage 10/10 The battery on full 4G mobile data lasts for almost 2 days. :-)
Display 10/10 The display quality is really fine and it doesnt get distorted at the light of day.
Battery 9/10 It's a wide screen, has LTE, can play games, videos and music so the battery is just enough I think. But it's long lasting compared to iPhone. :-)

Pros

• Fast processor
  • Fast Memory
  • Smooth performance
  • MicroSD card Slot & 32 GB Internal Storage
  • 20 MP Camera & 2 MP Front Camera
  • 3400 mah battery
  • Amazing Web Sites, Social Networks and E-mail synchronization system
  • Reliable in terms of ecosystem as well
  • A well-diversified operating system
  • Distinct and cool new apps to experience

Cons

• It's huge and it takes some getting used to
  • Audio quality is good but not superb
  • Limited Apps (some are not free)

Drako
posted on 18 Sep 2014, 11:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Sep 2014)

The best big face phone on the market!!!!

Drako has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love everything about this phone. I went from IPhone to Android, now to Windows an I can say that this windows phone is by far the best phone I played with. The Nokia is responsive, the screen is crisp and the app store wasn't as bad as people where saying. Windows and Nokia offer there own apps to the user to choose from and plenty of the main social networks are on the app store to download. The maps from windows are also great with voice turn by turn and Points of interest and speed limit updates I feel like my phone turns into a full fledge GPS. I also Love taking pictures with my new phone the colors and the sharpness are life like not too much color or hues from camera to ruin your picture and tons of apps from Nokia to enhance your picture taking. This Phone is a most purchase if your looking to switch over the a windows phone and for those looking for a Big screen phone.

Pros

• Thin frame
  • Crisp screen and optional color adjustment
  • Battery life is long lasting
  • UI is fast and responisve
  • Speakers are loud and clear
  • Easy to handle

Cons

• Sharp Corners

Pawn.22
posted on 01 Jul 2014, 11:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jul 2014)

GREAT

Pawn.22 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

better than Samsung N9005 !
2 GB Ram
2.2 Ghz quad core snap dragon
very big 6.0 inch
Full HD
20 MP CAMERA FullHD !!!!!!!!!!!
smart system
great for games .......................
i have bought my Samsung Galaxy Note III
and buy Nokia Lumia 1520

Pros

• Big
  • big ram
  • 20 MP CAM
  • FAST
  • BEST PHONE

RJJ877
posted on 01 Jul 2014, 10:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jul 2014)

THE BEST PHONE YET

RJJ877 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

a great Windowws Phone DEVICE
have very BIG SCREEN 6 inch HD
Great Camera with Carl Zeiss & Preview Camera
WP 8 black
dual LED flash
VERY VERY VERY VERY FAST
the best for GAMES .......
High Build quality
NO CONS
NFC service
GLANCE SCREEN
Have SMART OS

Pros

• Big
  • Very Very fast
  • 2 GB RAM :D
  • 2.2 Ghz quad core SD CPU
  • Nice disgen

blackffire
posted on 19 May 2014, 06:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 May 2014)

I lové it

blackffire has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

A very good phone, it's the best!! I used to use an iPhone 5 and galaxy note! It,s no way to start a comparison ! especially after the new update 8.1! It become better with cortana and the action centre

Build quality 8/10 It's plastic! But still better than a galaxy phone!!

Pros

• The best camera ever!

Cons

• It need more apps!!

Geoffrey7
posted on 06 May 2014, 17:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 May 2014)

A dream smartphone

Geoffrey7 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Upgraded from Sumsung Note, this is practically a dream phone for me. I am not a heavy gamer nor app junkie. I use the phone frequently for talking, texting, taking pictures, watching Youtube video and listening to music. One unique feature this Windows phone offer is Youtube downloading capability, which iPhone and Droid phones don't offer. I can download either video or music from Youtube straight to my phone without going to my PC. I just put in a 128GB SD card, which can hold thousands of video and songs for me to carry and enjoy away from home. Dolby surround sound with equalizer make my in-ear headphone listening experience get to a higher level.

Pros

• 6" screen, high resolution display, bright out-door display, long battery life, excellent camera, real Office, great audio, Youtube downloading capability,

Cons

• lack of app,

NOKIA_1520
posted on 28 Jun 2014, 22:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)

Had a Nokia 920 Now this KING!

NOKIA_1520 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

UPDATE!!!!!!!! This is about the phone not the SIZE! The size CANNOT (& I mean it) be a CON! Why ???? Because it is a Phablet everyone and we chose it. So far besides ****ing AT&T removed QI Wireless charging, it really needs an Update such as 8.1 AT&T (again) really needs to release it PUBLICLY. I really wish this phone could run a faster processor ( 2.3-2.5ghz) More RAM (3gb) and at least a slightly higher resolution, which kinda doesn't matter since you can only see at 1080p. Nokia and Microsoft really could have outdone themselves but I have a feeling for the next 1520, it'll be BADASS! Again....WHERES WP 8.1 ALREADY?! I had Cyan Nokia Lumia 920 and it was great!! had it for a Year and 4 months and that survived over a lot of CONCRETE drops! I was impressed with the 920s build quality so i got the 1520. The 1520 has a great overall design and durability, although im disappointed in Nokia for not having it in beautiful cyan color. The 1520 has Impressive battery life and its FrEaKy FaSt! I was thinking about getting the 1020 at first since I take a ton of Exotic car photos (check my instagram Coltswagtacular for exotics) but then I cannot expand the 32gb unlike the 1520. I was also skeptical on the phones size but its worth it!! I also tried to keep my options open by thinking to get the S5 and the Iphone 5s as well but then again Android always felt cheap and the Iphone and Samsung build quality always lacked durability. Thats my take on the 1520 10 out of 10! Thanks...

Build quality 9/10 The main buttons on the phone are no longer CHROME!! but this might not be a can since it could effect battery life from using a stronger light too pass through.

• FAST SPEEDS!
  • HD+++
  • Good apps which they have
  • Xbox Stuff

Cons

• QI Wireless charging
  • NOT IN CYAN :(
  • Lack of more GOOD apps
  • a little heavy (light for a tablet)
  • Speaker on side (kinda con)

NOKIA_1520 alternatives:

Xenophobia
posted on 25 Feb 2014, 21:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)

The hype is just hype

Xenophobia has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Alright, so no doubt you've been reading reviews about the Lumia 1520 and wondered if all the hype about how enormous the device is...well it is. It is giantly, outrageously huge. But, use it for 3 days. Just 3 days and your hooked! This phone/pocket-laptop is amazing! The Windows 8 UI really shines on the spectacular screen. The only people who are going to dislike this phone will have small hands or big image problems or both. If holding an oversized smartphone to your ear makes you feel like everyone is staring...then let them stare! Your phone kicks their phone's arse! I will say that the market has rather limited cases for available right now. You should get one for sure. All that said, the phone has NO drawbacks save for size. Camera is awesome, battery life is days, finish is smooth, screen quality is the best you've ever seen, and you will know it is all true when you test drive it. I'll never give it up!! FYI - this review was written on a Nokia 1520...easy as pie!

Pros

• seriously...everything

Cons

• seriously...only superficial size