Nokia Lumia 1520 User Reviews
Overal user rating
The overall rating is the average of all user reviews, while the overall alternatives are the ones that has been listed most.
Call quality9.6/10Battery9.9/10Reception9.8/10Display10/10Build quality9.9/10Text input9.8/10Everyday usage9.6/10UI speed9.9/10Camera9.8/10Multimedia9.6/10Internet9.6/10
Post new review
Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of Phone Arena.
posted on 17 Apr 2014, 12:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
Had a Nokia 920 Now this KING!
NOKIA_1520 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
I had Cyan Nokia Lumia 920 and it was great!! had it for a Year and 4 months and that survived over a lot of CONCRETE drops! I was impressed with the 920s build quality so i got the 1520. The 1520 has a great overall design and durability, although im disappointed in Nokia for not having it in beautiful cyan color. The 1520 has Impressive battery life and its FrEaKy FaSt! I was thinking about getting the 1020 at first since I take a ton of Exotic car photos (check my instagram Coltswagtacular for exotics) but then I cannot expand the 32gb unlike the 1520. I was also skeptical on the phones size but its worth it!! I also tried to keep my options open by thinking to get the S5 and the Iphone 5s as well but then again Android always felt cheap and the Iphone and Samsung build quality always lacked durability. Thats my take on the 1520 10 out of 10! Thanks :)Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- Battery life
- FAST SPEEDS!
- Good apps which they have
- To big for some
- NOT IN CYAN :(
- Lack of more GOOD apps
- a little heavy (light for a tablet)
- took out Wireless charging WTF WP!
Was this review helpful? Do you?Report
posted on 03 Mar 2014, 19:40 (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Jan 2014)
Marshall2005 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
i bought this phone to try WP after getting bored of andriod and ios but i got bored of WP faster than i did with andriod.
the live tiles are awesome at first but then you get lost when you try to find the one you are looking for after adding too many on your home screen.
the store has all the apps i need so i don't really complain about that.
on the other hand , the camera is brilliant and the photo editing tools included in the phone are priceless.
the screen is awesome and outdoor visibility is amazing but i had the common issue with the lumia 1520 when it does tap when you intend to swype (yeah it happens alot and it sucks).
the battery is the strongest element of this phone. it is simply , from outer world. last 2 and a half days with alot of calls , facebook , chats , emails and about 2 hours of youtube and 5 hours of music daily.
there are some nice touches like office , skydrive integration and dloby sound enhancement which is really nice.
the WP UI is amazingly fast and NEVER EVER lags or hangs but it is simply ... just boring.
conclusion: i enjoyed me experiment with the lumia 1520 but i will replace it with the note 3. i will regret the camera and the awesome battery but honestly , this is about all i am going to miss from the lumia 1520.Build quality 9/10Reception 10/10Call quality 9/10Internet 8/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 8/10Text input 9/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- fast UI
- again , battery
- sharp corners
- phantom screen glitch
- WP IS BORING
- no torrent downloads (yeah , that's nitpicking)
6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 25 Feb 2014, 21:36 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
The hype is just hype
Xenophobia has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
Alright, so no doubt you've been reading reviews about the Lumia 1520 and wondered if all the hype about how enormous the device is...well it is. It is giantly, outrageously huge. But, use it for 3 days. Just 3 days and your hooked! This phone/pocket-laptop is amazing! The Windows 8 UI really shines on the spectacular screen. The only people who are going to dislike this phone will have small hands or big image problems or both. If holding an oversized smartphone to your ear makes you feel like everyone is staring...then let them stare! Your phone kicks their phone's arse! I will say that the market has rather limited cases for available right now. You should get one for sure. All that said, the phone has NO drawbacks save for size. Camera is awesome, battery life is days, finish is smooth, screen quality is the best you've ever seen, and you will know it is all true when you test drive it. I'll never give it up!! FYI - this review was written on a Nokia 1520...easy as pie!Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- seriously...only superficial size
10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 24 Feb 2014, 07:59 (Posts: 521; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Nokia's best phone
Trex95 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
I left Nokia since 2009 for the Iphone, then 2012 shift to Android and now 2014 going back to Nokia again after 6 years. To be honest this one of the best phone/ Phaplet in the market today it's even better than Note 3, but cause it's windows OS people don't like it due to the lack of apps. Overall it's a great phaplet that comes with excllent build quality and excllent camera but with avarge 1080p video performance but still great camera and one of the best low light performer .Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 9/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 9/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 07 Feb 2014, 15:22 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
After getting this every day is a pleasure :).
aybabtu has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
I have owned this around 3 months and even now this device feels as enjoyable as it felt in first day :). -Battery performance of this device is simply stunning! In mild usage you can get up to 4 days in single charge, medium usage 2-3days and even in heavy usage 1½-2days. Ofc you can consume it faster but that is something which aint "normal" usage anymore :).
-This device is solid like a slab of steel!
-This is real hand held multimedia device for everyday usage. Watch tv, movies, play games and listen music/fm radio, take pictures and record videos, read ebooks and so on. This device handles all this superb. Its like having several devices of various screen sizes(iphone,ipad... ;) )
-Many of the default applications from MS and Nokia are simply fantastic. Very good quality!
-Camera excels in every situation and with little exercise everyone can be photographer :)
-Rock solid build quality, superior battery makes this phone good for active people because you dont have to worry about battery since it prolly last longer than you do no matter what you do ^_^.
Build quality 10/10Reception 9/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- Battery performance
- Superior build quality
- Absolutely stunning display :)
- Camera and it's apps
- Buttery smooth user experience
- Office, skydrive and here maps
- Hardware which gives nice boost for WP8 platform
- Screen size like this hungers for more games and in this area marketplace is behind. Getting better day by day.
- Speaker placement in horizontal handling(for me). Minor thing
20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 17 Jan 2014, 22:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
I am so impressed
truthprevails has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
Just got my Lumia 1520 5 days back....i am also using galaxy s4 for over 6 months....wanna say that the interface of Lumia 1520 feels so advance that would make me think if s4 is a stone age phone...
before buying had read some reviews where ppl said its having a bad signal quality and i wasnt pretty sure after i watched the phone arena video on youtube. I am having the best signal receptions I ever had with any of my phones.i couldn't use 3g in my bathroom with others but Lumia is very very good with the signals...
the battery and power management is awesome.
Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 9/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- the speed.....its like a tiger in the jungle of smart phones
- too many camera options....very professional
- full office application
- the most beautiful phone or tablet ever....its gorgeous....i love it
- battery life is amazing....i dont know how its possible
- availability of free software at marketplace is limited....
6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 04 Jan 2014, 22:28 (Posts: 5; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
Currently the overall best Windows Phone
undulose has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
GSMArena's 2013 Smartphone Champion surely deserved its title, as this phone proves to be a very efficient one despite a lot of tech critics' despise for its very large size. I agree that its size will matter differently to different people. For me, I already liked it the first time I I held it with my hands.
Despite its fame, Windows Phone surely have still a lot to improve while Nokia's apps (HERE apps and photography-related apps) have surely helped make this champ uniquely efficient in terms of navigation and photography department. Still, I can gladly say that this phone won't fail to amaze even non-WP users out there.Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 8/10Multimedia 9/10Camera 9/10UI speed 9/10Everyday usage 8/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- The size is a pro for some people like me. I happen to have large pockets and this phone won't easily slip.
- 20 MP camera and Nokia Camera app that allows for easy access to ISO, white balance, focus, shutter speed and exposure
- Saving photos in RAW format
- People Hub is the best social phonebook out there
- Assertive Display provides excellent sunlight readability
- Very supportive battery life
- Very fluid OS and guaranteed updates
- Message Hub is very efficient and even seems to be copied by Google Hangouts
- Feels light and durable
- Live Tiles are very useful and not very power-hungry like Android widgets
- Very high resolution
- Browser isn't optimized for some sites like FB (although there's a good FB app)
- Can be large for some people; better try it before buying it
- High-resolution photos cannot be viewed on the phone's native Photos hub.
- Sometimes, mobile data reception is slow at first when I happen to use battery saver for a long time then I turn it off and turn on mobile data.
- Lacks smart dialling
- Marketplace lacks most free apps with good quality like on Play Store
- Lack of notification center (but for me, it isn't a problem. I only noticed it when some people complain about it.)
- Big screen is not efficiently utilized as in the Note series which has multiwindow capability
12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 02 Jan 2014, 07:57 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Lumia 1520: The True PureView Extravaganza
AlHaptismMY has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
Hey guys, i own these phone just 3 weeks ago and i find it's far more magnificent, beautiful, and superb with the WP8 GDR3 and Lumia Black. Also, it's really awesome that Nokia had finally put the gigantic flagship phone into the smartphone arena. What's so special about these Thing is it has 20 Mpx PureView camera with OIS and ZEISS optics that bring the oversampling and RAW DNG photo to these devices. Thus, it's look solid and more powerful with Snapdragon 800 SoC.
But, maybe this Lumia 1520 looks better if there are the gold version of these device. But that's not the problem because Nokia had achieve what others can't actually and thats the PureView.Build quality 9/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 9/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 9/10
- Solid looking body
- extraordinary camera
- non-removable battery
3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 02 Jan 2014, 06:38 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
wenstyl has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
We have the best Nokia (end of 2013) in this overkill phablette, updating Nokia Black, adds dynamism, greater possibility of organized its tiles, perfectly fluid. It has nothing to envy to its competitors, we hear the update for our notification centerBuild quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 9/10Multimedia 9/10Camera 9/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 9/10Display 10/10Battery 9/10
- no notification center, we expect the update
- still behind in the store
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 14 Dec 2013, 17:01 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
my little baby
marf12 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
Have a white one now for 1,5 weeks and it is great. Like that big screen so much. Had before a lumia 920(1 year) and a HTC desire HD(2 years). I do not regret my switch to WP8. Android have some great apps but the UI of WP is much better and the app number of WP is soon the same.
Got my 1520 with a Fatboy and a protective cover.
I use the Fatboy not very often because the charging time is just longer.
The cover is also not so good because if you set it up sometimes it falls over and putting it often in your pocket I think it tears soon.
But back to the phone!
There is not much to say as it's so great!!! *-*
The processor upgrade is not really needed it´s not much faster as a 920 only in some apps.
Only the speaker place is not so good. A solution as the HTC One have would be cool. I look forward to WP 8.1!Build quality 10/10Reception 8/10Call quality 9/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 9/10Camera 10/10UI speed 9/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- 20 MP
- very big screen for multimedia
- nokia apps/features
- WP8 good for beginner
- good battery life
- very good build quality
- soon there will be a smaller version (929 or 1820)
- WP8 getting better but still not perfect
- speaker place (bad for handling vertical)
- bad if it is in your pocket and you want to sit down
7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 09 Dec 2013, 16:12 (Posts: 25; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)
Hardware is amazing, totally blown away.
ZPM101 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
The build quality of the device in unmatched by the devices I've tested or owned. Very solid feeling and comfortable in my hands. The Camera and the Nokia apps are the highlight of this device. The pictures are amazingly clear and "real". The video and sound recording are excellent as well, but the star of this Nokia show is the still camera. The only thing holding this beast of a device back is the lack of developer support for apps. The battery life is stellar under moderate to heavy use. I've yet to go below 35% after 16hrs of use.Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 9/10Internet 9/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 9/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- Camera, Battery Life, Build Quality
- Lack of developer support
11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 08 Apr 2014, 06:32 (Posts: 28; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
utg001 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review
So I had this phone for quite a time now, originally I was facing some minor problems but here is my latest review.
The phone is phenomenal in performance. It hasn't lagged a bit and if I'm not gaming or shooting too many photos, the battery can stretch to almost 3 days. Slowly figuring out the solutions to the shortcomings now I really don't need any action centre that was announced in 8.1 as all my apps that give too many notifications are the first on the start (Facebook, email, sms) and the quick actions are pinned using third party apps.
The store is booming, since my last review there have been many apps most helpful was myappfree (daily free app, maybe the name is different but I saved about $40 till now ;) )
The only issue remaining is that due to its corners, it mostly gets fixed in my pockets so I have to stand up to get it out. Works fine with loose clothes.Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 9/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 9/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- HAAC audio
- Consistent Software
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 27 Nov 2013, 08:16 (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Android Killer !!!!!! Best Nokia Phone Ever
bboykraken01 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
Every Stuff about this Phone is Just Awesome...
1. Camera - Awesome .. best i've ever had .. better than all the android ones
2. Build quality in white has an amazing feel in hand ..
3. Screen Quality with full Hd display is so frekin Awesome ....
4. Speaker is just bang loud
5. UI feels improved ..
6. Battery Life - Amazing ..
7. Most amazing of dem all is the Screen ..... I just love to use it .. and i cant take my eyes off it ..
In short, Im in Love with this phone ....Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- Camera quality
- build quality
- micro sd - 32 + 64 gb on high end windows phone
- loud speaker quality
- massive battery
- Amazing eye popping Screen
- smooth UI
- too huge
14 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 26 Nov 2013, 08:47 (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 May 2011)
The 1520 is a fully functional piece of ART!
Phrozt has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
Things I like about it:
- DAT SCREEN THO! People talk and talk about how awesome it is, but you literally cannot describe it with words well enough.
- Viewing angles are also unbelievable. If you turn the screen until you can barely see the glass, you can still see everything on it! It looks just like a photograph!
- They clearly knew they were designing a device that is "too big," and they made some compensations to help that. Buttons pop out just enough to use them and no more to keep the device sleek but fully functional. The size allows for bigger buttons, but also plenty of room between them so that you can grip the phone without hitting them.
- I like the fact that they left some space to either side of the 3 bottom buttons. Perfect for holding the phone by the corner with your thumb(s) while you're reading without hitting the back or search button.
- The native programs seem to have been designed with BIG in mind as well. For example, when you are in a call, all of the buttons are dropped to the bottom third of the screen so that you can reach them with your fingers.
- LOVE the glance screen. I have it on all the time which is perfect for my OCD time-checking tendencies, and I haven't noticed any extra drain on the battery.
- Battery life is fantastic. I've been able to get solid 2 days out of it with no problem, including a lot of txting/browsing and light gaming.
- The pre-installed apps are very nice! It's nice to get a phone out of the box and it handle 75% of what...Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 9/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- Screen/viewing angles
- Build quality/design
- Pre-installed apps
- Battery life/memory management
- Nokia Pro cam + DNG files
- Pointy corners
27 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report