Motorola DROID Mini User Reviews

Reception9.5/10
Build quality7.5/10
Camera8.5/10

kirk_lazarus
posted on 13 Apr 2014, 23:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Apr 2014)

mini goodness

kirk_lazarus has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

this my secondary phone that I use for work . I went through 2 android phone disappointments before this phone . At last , I'm quite satisfied with this one , mainly cause of android 4.4 kitkat . it's awesome , clean & fast . I'm not loving the camera & picture qualities . I totally hate the fact that I had to put a case on it because of the plain slippery body , besides that I think it's an awesome phone .

Build quality 6/10 this thing is slippery , a case is necessary if not mandatory . it's a fingerprint magnet

Pros

• build in wireless charging capabilities
  • android 4.4

Cons

• slippery body
  • no sd card

o0Exia0o
posted on 03 Nov 2013, 06:18 (Posts: 282; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)

One hell of a Mini

o0Exia0o has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have had this phone since October 17 and all that I can say is WOW.

THE DISPLAY:

I was worried about the display being an IPS TFT panel coming from an AMOLED on the Razr M and after using it those worries have vanished. Though the screen is 720p and it does take from the battery life but the loss is negligible between the Mini and The Razr M. The screen its self is bright, brilliant and looks beautiful. With the active notification because it is an IPS TFT and not an AMOLED when you get a notification the whole panel comes unlike the AMOLED screens of the bigger Droids.

THE CONTEXTUAL AND SPEECH RECOGNITION CORES:

The always on always listening Google now is great (as no other phone has it) and does not ruin the battery life. All I have to do is say a command like “OK Google now tell me the forecast for (location)” and there it is and Google now even reads it off. It is also very useful for finding my phone, all I have to say is “OK Google now find my phone” and my phone will ring until I find it and hit the button on the screen.

THE BATTERY:

The battery is what you would expect from a 2000mAh jucer. It is enough to get you through the day with moderate use but you'll still have to charge it at night. While I don't mind that it has an inductive charging coil for wireless charging, I don't much care for it. Instead of a charging coil I would have liked to have seen a bigger battery (that's just my opinion though).

THE SOFTWARE:

Holy crap! Motorola must have optimized...

Pros

• Active notification
  • Google now voice intergration
  • 720p screen
  • Price

Cons

• No expandable storage
  • Could have had a bigger battery
  • Slimy back (Could have used the soft touch kevelar)

o0Exia0o alternatives: