LG Optimus F3 User Reviews

Internet8.8/10
Call quality8.9/10
Battery8.8/10

Miltspoon
posted on 02 Apr 2014, 07:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)

Miltspoon has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone packs a lot of punch for the money. It is fast, holds many apps, easy to use and good looking. I was surprised when I started using this phone. I like being able to remove system apps with a carrier provided feature. I take pictures for my job with this phone and the quality is great. I would recommend this phone.

Pros

• Features, Speed, Ease of Use

annoy007
posted on 12 Mar 2014, 01:23 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)

annoy007 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Great phone I did drop and am getting a new one. But while I had it, it was amazing and I was on page plus so service and texting was great internet and music and even video were great. Sure I would've wanted a bigger screen but hey I'm used to it so yea. I really recomend this phone to anyone.

Pros

• Very speedy
  • Good camera
  • Good screen
  • Good at social

Cons

annoy007 alternatives:

tooqewt
posted on 06 Jan 2014, 04:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)

Simply the worst model phone I have ever owned

tooqewt has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have owned this phone from 11-19-2013, well not the one I'm currently holding because the one I'm holding is phone #5 of the very same make and model, from the same provider. I have had multiple issues with this phone. The phone has issues downloading apps, reading the sd card, and every one of them overheats just reading the sd card, which I suppose is to be expected when it takes 10min to 2 hours to read the tiny 4gig card. I have had to master reset every phone. I have had to format the BRAND NEW SD CARD 5 times now. I have had to deal with a phone that. with full signal and 4g service, still decides it's not going to connect or download a thing. The one and only ALMOST functioning model of the phone that I received had a camera defect and had to be returned....I mean c'mon folks, you don't go to a restaurant and pay for a 3 course meal to get water and an appetizer. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PHONE!!! It's built tough, but the rest of it just bites the big one.

Build quality 8/10 Built nice and strong, no leaks, no plastic creaking sounds.
Reception 10/10 Has great reception, if only it'd put it to use.
Call quality 10/10 When it's not busy resetting itself to use wifi calling vs your network, it does okay.
Internet 2/10 All 5 of mine have rarely connected at the speed they should.
Multimedia 7/10 Options are lack luster.
Camera 3/10 I'm a photographer and know a s**t camera when I see one.
Text input 2/10 When it decides to notice that i've typed something it's not too bad, until it deletes words and rearranges what I've said...regardless of how many times I turn the option off it resets to default.
Display 7/10 Decent display with clear viewing capability,
Battery 2/10 This phone has the battery life of a fruit fly in a swimming pool, almost none. It takes over 10% of my "brand new" battery JUST TO TURN IT ON!

untuchable26
posted on 02 Jan 2014, 18:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)

great phone

untuchable26 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is great for people who love high end phones yet are not concerned about apperance the speed of the phone is amazing the picture,screen,graphics are somthing else considering it a 100 dollar phone the biggest down fall witch im sure u guesst it is storage fyi this is fixable look up on youtube

Build quality 9/10 Looks good yet still not a lexus
Camera 10/10 Im not a big pic or vid person so works perfict for me
Everyday usage 10/10 Gets me through the day
Text input 10/10 Works great
Display 9/10 Awsome

Pros

• duel core 1.2 proccesore
  • beautifull 4 in display with gorilla glass 2
  • 1024mb of ram
  • great battery life

Cons

• lack of internal storage & can not exstend with sd card

prinfl
posted on 25 Dec 2013, 10:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Dec 2013)

Great communication device.

prinfl has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The best phone for its price; the reception is great, the screen brightness is super nice, the battery last a very long time. Another great feature its is size; not bulky but just the right dimensions make it looks very professional. Comparing this phone to my previous one is just unfair as this one surpass all my expectations.

Build quality 10/10 Fells solid.
Reception 10/10 Never an issue wherever I am.
Call quality 10/10 Very good!!!
Internet 10/10 Decent.
Multimedia 10/10 Versatile.
Camera 10/10 Good quality.
UI speed 10/10 The phone does its work and delivers time and again.
Everyday usage 10/10 Part of the tools of the trade.
Text input 10/10 As easy as it can get.
Display 10/10 The best feature.
Battery 10/10 Never let me down.

Pros

• Quality of phone reception.
  • Bright display.
  • Battery life.

aerodog
posted on 16 Dec 2013, 22:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)

Optimus F3

aerodog has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

To many buttons or selections have to be made to optain goal. To many defaults that I would like to change but cannot. Causing issues with network voicemail. This issue was suppose to be addressed with new update but it was not.

Build quality 8/10 As far as other phones go, this phone is as good as it gets. Although there is not much protection in the corners and you will have to get a case or you "WILL" crack your lens.
Call quality 5/10 Both ear speaker and loud spkrs are very poor and when max volume is required, both spkrs distort.
Internet 9/10 Comparing it to what I had before, its a 10. But since this is my first LTE phone, I can't offer a 10 rating.
Multimedia 8/10 Some sites require to much finger movement to navigate compared to my previous Apple.
Camera 6/10 For this phone having a 4mp pic quality some pics are no better than my previous 2mp camera. My old tech iPhone pics are better. Aside from that, pic taking was user friendly.
Everyday usage 6/10 If either my Blackberry Curve or older iPhone had 4g LTE, I would have never parted with them. 4g LTE is the only reason I'm keeping this phone for "now". It is not user friendly.
Text input 4/10 Since I have to look at my keyboard to type, I don't like having to turn it sideways. But typing on a smaller virtual keyboard vertically truly sucks with my construction thumbs. How I miss Blackberry's tactile keyboard.
Display 6/10 This is a loaded question because one has to keep the display turned down so as not to prematurely discharge the battery. However, because the PPI is lower than other phones, the display can be turned up to max. However again, at its brightest, it can't be viewed in direct sunlight like and iPhone or Motorola, or Samsung.
Battery 10/10 The best feature on this phone is that LG did not make the battery hostage. If you find yourself in a situation where a fresh battery would be the only true fix, then a phone whose battery is built in is worthless... Adding that since the display is weak, this phone last 2 days. And with that backup battery, you have a 4 day phone. That's 3X better than an iPhone.

• Internet
  • Price

Cons

• Call quality, poor spkrs
  • Camera, could be better
  • Everday usage, to many selections to reach goal
  • Text Input not as good as some other phones.
  • Display isn't good outdoors

JMMBB
posted on 23 Nov 2013, 17:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Nov 2013)

BEST CELL FOR THE MONEY NOW on VIRGIN

JMMBB has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just picked one of these up to see what its made of and Honestly it should cost $250 and is as good in Hardware as the Samsung Galaxy S2 and Victory easily. Actually it runs circles around the Samsung S3 MINI @ $249 but its not unlocked (Big advantage there). I agree with user below.
It also specs in most areas just like the Iphone 4S too but you get more features and PRICE LOL!!!!!!!
OK so you get a great performer with Huge battery and lots of good features just like Samsung Touchwiz but I don't really like the White Interface in Settings (BIG Deal). ONLY bad is small user rom of 1.2gig.
Has a stronger black level than my Nexus 4 but I miss the Auto Brightness. But thats it so far. Buy it!!
Using Performance Benchmarks lets you see EXACTLY where these cells fit in the power and performance range. You can download the Passmark Test from Google Play yourself and run several for an average but make sure all open Apps are closed and reboot once. Then about 15 to 100 people submit these Benchmarks for every phone around and the guys Average them out so they are right on. Individual tests for CPU, Disk and Memory writes, with 2D & 3D Video comprise the OVERALL Passmark System Performance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PASSMARK SYSTEM PERFORMANCE is as follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LG Optimus V @ 537
Old HTC One V @ 1100
Samsung Reverb/Ring @ 1324 (identical internals)
Samsung Victory (SPH-L300) @ 1608
LG Optimus F3 (LS720) @ 1784
Samsung Galaxy S2 (SPH-D710) @ 1788
Samsung...

Build quality 7/10 Feels a bit cheap

Pros

• Very fast
  • Good Display contrast
  • Loads of features
  • Mother of all Batteries
  • Great UI
  • Price Price Price!
  • 4G LTE and it works
  • Beautiful LED at home button

Cons

• White Interface
  • No Auto dimmer
  • 1.2gig user Rom
  • Have only used it for a few days now but WOW
  • Buttons feel cheap but hey

JMMBB alternatives:

unnamedny
posted on 28 Aug 2013, 10:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)

do not believe the low scores

unnamedny has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I've watched and read quite a few reviews of this phone. For some reason there is not too much good things said about this phone. Reviewers act like they paid $500 for it and trying to compare it high end phones. It's a $150 phone and there is absolutely no way it can compete with high end phones. So I think ratings are unjustified.
-It has great sharp screen, 233ppi, great colors. Not the best but really good.
-Phone runs smooth its due to 1 gig of ram and decent cpu. No crashes, no apps shutting on it's own.
-2400mah battery is made to last a day. Even in heavy uses like 5 hours of screen on time it will have some charge left. I'm not mentioning talk time because you will get plenty.
-proportionally small. It fits well in hand, I can use one hand to navigate through the entire phone, it's very thin.
-decent quality speaker, loud.
-good reception in most places.
-Ok camera that does not blow you away but gets the job done.
-Very easy to root if you are into it.
-good build quaquality, it feels really light but not cheap.

-It's one con is lack of space, after a few apps installed I only have about 700mb left, It's not a big con for me but might be a big con for others, so keep it in mind. If you root the phone you can use Link2SD to recover some space.

Build quality 9/10 good build quality
Internet 10/10 up to 30 mbps down.
Text input 8/10 good response to touches, but I think it might have been a little better.

Pros

Cons

• lack of space