LG Optimus Elite User Reviews

Battery6.3/10
Reception7.3/10
Display8.7/10

kidfresh565123
posted on 21 Oct 2013, 06:49 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)

VM lg696

kidfresh565123 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Owned phone for at lest 1.5 years got. At first I was like ok this phone isn't that bad, but as I started using it more and more I realized it sucks. If you only make phone calls and use your phone lightly it might last you throughout the day, but if you use you phone moderately to heavily not the phone to get. Games somewhat lag and depends on the game you get. Speaker for music ok, could be better. For phone calls ok. Media browsing quality isn't that bad bit then it isn't that great. Camera is good pictures come out clean. Surfing the internet gets slow especially if you are on data.....that all I can think of now. Btw if this is your first android phone get, my experience may not be the same one you have and for you it may just be the best phone ever.

Display 8/10 Display is ok
Battery 3/10 Battery will only last me a fourth of the day even with the phone just sitting there on standby

Pros

• NFC
  • Memo
  • Ok memory
  • Thin

Cons

• Slow
  • Horrible battery life
  • Restarts out of nowhere
  • Small screen
  • No front facing camera
  • Id

etschuetz
posted on 19 Jul 2012, 18:50 (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)

Great entry level Android

etschuetz has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I really am impressed here. This is an entry level Android with a single core 800 mhtz processor. It has a decent amount of memory to install applications and such. It can handle a good amount of fun games, and also is capable of handling streaming video through Netflix quite well. I also really enjoy having Google Wallet and NFC capability. I can see this feature going far.

As for bloatware. The only real bloat is Mobile ID (Sprint ID). I am not a fan of it, as everything it installs is apps that can be installed from the Google Play Store. However, everything it installs can be uninstalled from the Applications Manager in the settings. So if that is all of the bloatware I have, that is fine with me.

Overall, this is a device that the average user will enjoy.

Reception 10/10 Probably based off of my area, but I have never had a dropped call on this phone in my home area.
Call quality 9/10 Voice service is clear and no one has had issues understanding me.
Multimedia 8/10 Games can be a bit underwhelming (Eternity Warriors & Gun Bros), and some of the best of the Gameloft games are not available, or just don't fit in the screen. However, video and image viewing is good.
Camera 9/10 Picture quality is really pretty good on this device, even though a front facing camera would have been great.
UI speed 9/10 The 800 mhtz processor really does do a great job of handling everything I do on it, including when I use Go Launcher EX as my primary UI.
Text input 8/10 I have big thumbs, but it suffices. There isn't much wrong with the Android Keyboard, or Swype (not a fan of it), SwiftKey is a great keyboard for this sized screen. Other than that, very responsive input.
Display 8/10 A 3.5 inch screen is okay. I would have preferred a larger screen, but that isn't the phones fault for my decision on a purchase.
Battery 9/10 Pleasantly suprised here. It lasts me most of my work day. However, I am accustomed to the new trend in 6 to 8 hour battery life on modern devices and have ALWAYS carried a charger with me, even before I jumped on the smartphone bandwagon.

Pros

• NFC
  • Thin
  • Google Wallet support ($25 for free!)
  • Moderately decent memory
  • Great Build Quality
  • Virtually NO bloatware

Cons

• No Front Facing Camera
  • Not a 1ghtz processor
  • Virgin Mobile/Sprint ID

Italia1012
posted on 14 Jul 2012, 05:17 (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)

A great phone for anyone!

Italia1012 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I bought this phone for my father for Fathers Day on Virgin Mobile, and he absolutely loves it! i have also tested this phone as well and i have to say, it's really good... the phone performs with flying colors and i have not heard any complains from my father, and i have no complains my self! This phone is good for anyone that wants a basic gingerbread phone...

Pros

• Great Camera
  • Very Speedy UI
  • Great build quality