Huawei Ascend Mate 2 4G User Reviews

posted on 27 Jul 2014, 14:17 (Posts: 177; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)

Nice device if you aren't into specs, GREAT battery life!

p51d007 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

For 300 dollars (USD), you can get a pretty darn good smartphone. It might not have the top end specs of the flagship devices, but, it's half the cost too! The battery & screen size are the big pluses on this device.

Build quality 8/10 Feels solid
Reception 10/10 clear
Call quality 10/10 No issues
Internet 10/10 Straight talk, no issues, 4gLTE
Multimedia 9/10 No issues with youtube, about the extent of my multimedia, save for mp3's
Camera 8/10 Kind of picky on this, I've been a photographer for over 30 years. This is a PINHOLE camera phone, but, for what it is, it's not bad. Macro mode (using camera FV-5 software) is pretty darn good!
UI speed 10/10 Very snappy
Everyday usage 10/10 Not one issue
Text input 8/10 Stock keyboard is ok, but I prefer swiftkey
Display 10/10 It's HUGE! Nice for a mid 50's age persons not so 20/20 eyes. If you are a pixel peeper, you might see the pixels, but at a normal viewing distance, I don't see what the fuss is about it being "only" a 720p screen.
Battery 10/10 I'm a heavy phone (1500-2000 minutes per month) user, around 100 emails, few dozen texts, lots of web browsing, few dozen photos on a monthly basis. I get easily 2 days, and most times 3 days on one charge! Not plugging it in 2-3 times a day is nice!

• If you aren't into specs, this is great
  • phone.

• It's size might put you off.

posted on 07 May 2015, 08:39 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Apr 2015)

for the price an all around winner

aamiowa has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

for what I paid for this phone, I could not be happier. I don't watch vids on my phone so the resolution isn't an issue for me. It's super fast and responsive and feels good in my hands despite it's size/weight. Not a one handed phone.

• fast, responsive and solid feeling

• none for me