HTC One (M8) for Windows User Reviews

Camera8.3/10
Multimedia9.7/10
Text input9.3/10

sanchx32
posted on 13 Sep 2014, 09:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Sep 2014)

True Windows Upgrade

sanchx32 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Coming from a Nokia Windows phone, I was surprised at the differences. The brightness of the screen stood out right away. On my way to Seattle, I took pictures of Mt. Rainier from the plane and the zoom on the M8 got a much closer picture than the Nokia. My Nokia did not have 8.1 yet so that added a new addition to the experience thanks to Cortana, Notification window, and alot more customizations. Boomsound really makes a huge difference when sharing videos with friends, the sound is rich and loud. The Dot view case adds alot of cool functions when the case is closed, but for me as a lefty made holding the phone ackward since the flap trys to close unless it is wrapped around and held in place behind the phone. If you wanna truely wanna feel the difference going to a Windows Phone, this is the phone to bring that experience to you!

hfielding
posted on 07 Sep 2014, 21:41 (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)

Phone has bugs

hfielding has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Had this phone for almost 2 weeks, I really like it, but there is some type of bug. Not sure if its Hardware or software but it has issues. The phone began rebooting a number of time throughout the day for no apparent reason, Called Verizon and called HTC, both claimed they have not hear of this, but searching through the forums, there seems to be a number of people having the same issue. I had the phone exchanged only to have the same problem on the second phone.
I would not suggest buying this phone right now. See the link below.

Pros

• Great phone for the most part

Cons

• Phone has bug and keeps rebooting
  • There is a bug with the bluetooth
  • the dock takes away from the screen size

scotiez
posted on 08 Sep 2014, 20:43 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Aug 2014)

The phone other manufactures will want to beet

scotiez has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I bought this phone cause I wanted something to work well with my widows 8.1 laptop and desktop computers. This phone is a dream and so easy to sync all devices. It also has office installed so I can view my documents and even edit them. My previous phone was an iPhone 5 and it was impossible to open secure documents that require a password.
Now to the phone, Battery life is really really great. I haven't had a phone that was this easy on the battery since before smart phones. Call Quality and reception is also great, Just as good as my iPhone I had previous to this. Internet is fast and responds right now. Camera is also good but its a feature I will not use a lot, I am a photographer and use my dslr for my photography. I was able to import all my iTunes music very easy with the app that installed once hooked up to my desktop. I listen to music daily and a lot, I think this phone does a better job then apple. It also has a micro sd card, I use this card for all my music storage so my phone is clear for anything I really need more space for. The display is great, I have NO complaints on this phone so far, It didn't take long for me to fall in love with this phone. I think if your a office user and want a very good, fast, and reliable phone this is one you should probably get.

UPDATE
I have had this for over 2 weeks now. I retired my bose earbuds and purchased some Bluetooth Jaybird Bluebuds x, OMG these ear buds are so good, nice and crisp music with just the right amount of...

Build quality 10/10 all metal back, phone just feels solid and not cheap.
Reception 10/10 great reception, No static or dropped calles
Call quality 10/10 sounds like the person is in the same room, super great.
Internet 10/10 really fast, immediate action
Multimedia 10/10 im able to multitask very easily without hang ups
Camera 8/10 not as good as some phones but still very good
UI speed 10/10 its windows 8.1 come on get real :)
Everyday usage 10/10 best phone I have had so far.
Text input 10/10 love texting with the 5 inch screen, much easier then my old iPhone 5
Display 10/10 Great HD display
Battery 10/10 OMG this is the best battery life I have experienced in a smart phone. The operating system and battery are very easy on eachother, No reason cant get 2 or maybe 3 days out of this.

Pros

• Battery life, syncs with laptop and desktop computers easy, call quality is great, no dropped calles, love the camera with 2 lenses to refocus after the shot. Opens Office documents with out getting and paying for additional software or apps.
  • Excellent Bluetooth for music with Jaybird bluebuds X
  • Runs smooth without haveing to reboot very often.

Cons

• NONE