Apple iPhone 5s User Reviews

Build quality9.5/10
Text input8.6/10
Everyday usage8.9/10

PorkyBurger
posted on 13 Oct 2014, 13:29 (Posts: 247; Member since: 18 May 2013)

Solid phone, but expected more.

PorkyBurger has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone is sure one hella premium device as it's made out of aluminum and glass layers, and it feels really nice because of that. But the ergonomics? Quite sharp edges on the side of the phone, but a case fixed that. In few words, this device is solidly built phone, blazing fast, just expected more from features and definitely from battery.

Build quality 9/10 Phone feels extremely premium in hands - aluminum with glass feels so classy like no phone ever I have owned. One sturdy phone I must say, but is it durable to dents and scratches? No. It gets dented easily, so plan to carry it like a baby or at least in a case.
Reception 8/10 Most of the time it's OK, but as soon as you are "holding" it wrong, you are losing reception. That bugs me a bit.
Call quality 10/10 Call quality rocks! Very clear voices, no problems should be expected here. Neat!
Internet 8/10 Snappy browser, does the things well. No flash support though, and certain files cannot be downloaded on phone. But it's fine, I guess for now.
Multimedia 4/10 Oh this is getting nasty. First the iTunes. Always syncing with my PC, for some reason, hard to understand. Second, the abnormally stupid AirDrop. My friends and relatives don't have Apple products, so I can't send music, pictures, videos or anything to them! Just because Android doesn't have AirDrop? ... Why they couldn't be simple and use just Bluetooth as file sharing option. Done. Simple as that. Also can't download certain files on internet, which also bugs me. And no ways to access to all files on the phone - just asking for a file explorer.
Camera 8/10 Good camera for everyday use. At outside it's wonderful, but indoors it's starting to pick up some noise, and pics get a bit grainy. I wished for some white balance, ISO etc. settings though as they are not included in the phone. Dual-tone flash is very good though, as pictures get more natural than some other phones.
UI speed 9/10 Blazing fast. It is probably because the OS is very light and there is almost no multitasking on the phone, but must say, one of the smoothest experiences I ever had. Kudos to that.
Everyday usage 9/10 No complains. At all. OS is super zippy and very easy to understand. Phone, which does it's basic functions throughout the day amazingly well.
Text input 6/10 As being an owner with large hands, not a great typing experience. At least not on portrait mode. All I can say is you might get a lot of typos, typos and more typos...if you are not a fan of autocorrect, though. Keyboard feels cramped for me
Display 9/10 Pleasant color reproduction with great sharp images. Really awesome. Also the viewing angles are wide so that's a big plus for me.
Battery 5/10 One of the things I am very disappointed in this phone. Being brand new, this phone can barely survive a day of moderate usage. Meh.

Pros

• Compact size
  • Great choice of materials, as phone feels very premium for the price
  • Implemetation of a fingerprint sensor
  • Bright screen. Good colour representation and wide viewing angles
  • TrueTone (dual-LED) flash makes pictures more natural

Cons

• Expensive
  • Dissapointing battery life
  • TouchID sometimes isn't working well
  • No file explorer
  • iTunes is one hella confusing 3rd party software
  • Certain files cannot be downloade on phone through Safari
  • Cramped typing experience.
  • No memory expansion options!

PorkyBurger alternatives:

nino2010tiger
posted on 24 Sep 2014, 01:27 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Sep 2014)

Cool

nino2010tiger has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

iPhone 5s is an amazing smartphone. One of the best smartphones in the world until iPhone 6 versions are released. Touch ID and True Tone Flash make the camera excellently improved. However, the battery are quite bad, I want Apple to improve the battery a little more.

JasonAgie
posted on 23 Sep 2014, 13:49 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jul 2014)

iPhone 5S

JasonAgie has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It's a few weeks from a full year with this iPhone and I really have no complaints, every year I look forward to owning the new one, for an improvement.
Apple always gets better and better every year and I can't wait to get the feel of the new iPhone 6 in my hand.

Reizend
posted on 28 Aug 2014, 23:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 May 2014)

Smoothest experience

Reizend has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Years after being let down by the first iPhone, and, more recently, getting tired of the lag of my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (I have very small hands, nowadays flagships are just too big for me), I decided to give Apple another try. I thought it would be hard since I love customizing phones, but the speed absolutely made me forget about that. iOS has improved a lot, though there are things still missing. For me, this is the best iPhone to date, and the fastest device I have ever owned.
Sorry if I made grammar mistakes; English is not my mother tongue.

Build quality 10/10 The design is ravishing. It looks and feels great, and it's not as fragile as it seems. However, it's somewhat slippery.
Reception 10/10 Signal is always good, even when I'm in tricky areas.
Call quality 10/10 The loudness is OK for me.
Internet 10/10 Safari is incredibly fast. You can sync your bookmarks with your desktop browser if you want. The reading mode is nice.
Multimedia 7/10 The native video player just supports a few formats, but there are good alternatives in the App Store. It would be great if the music player had an equalizer. The EarPods are quite loud, but I expected better sound quality.
Camera 9/10 I seldom use the camera, but I find it pretty convenient when I have to photograph something that is far away from me. I see professional photos taken with this phone and they are incredible. I'd welcome more options for it, anyway. The slow motion feature is very good. Unluckily, the videos cannot use stereo sound.
UI speed 10/10 I never notice any slowdowns at all. Everything is absolutely fluid.
Everyday usage 9/10 Touch ID has never failed when recognizing any of the 4 fingerprints I have registered. I would appreciate more time options for getting the display to go off and more functions for the Reminders app. Apple Maps does its job properly.
Text input 8/10 The stock keyboard is great, though I am a fan of the swiping ones. Fortunately, iOS 8 will fix this.
Display 10/10 Really responsive. Sunlight readability is the best. I have no problems when I am using the phone outdoors. Viewing angles are excellent, and the colors are accurate, too. Perfect for people with small hands, like me.
Battery 7/10 I can get through the day with normal usage, but the battery drains a lot when you're connected to the Internet or watching videos, specially if you set the brightness high.

Pros

• Very fast user experience
  • Great display
  • Not cumbersome
  • Good for photography

Cons

• Battery life is below average
  • Headphones could be improved
  • Mono audio videos
  • Lack of customization

Reizend alternatives:

gauravrai30
posted on 21 Aug 2014, 03:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Jul 2014)

iPhone Just changed my imagination

gauravrai30 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was a Android user and I have used all high end phones like Note 1,2,3, Galaxy S2 but after long time of using I just got bored. I planned to use some different platform phone then it was obviously iPhone because I used Lumia phone and it sucks, I sold it within 1 month. Before buying iPhone I was comparing all the specification and in all areas iPhone specs were low mainly in terms of RAM and Process. I was thinking that it might be slow but after using it I found to know that it does not Lag/hang at all and it was to smooth. And I also come to realize that Apple has made the hardware and software so good that phone responds to quickly. If we talk about battery its good and have same backup as much as Android high end phones

Pros

• Awesome Camera
  • Elegant UI
  • Battery Backup
  • Smoothness
  • No Lagging/Hang
  • Good Voice Features
  • Charging is Fast
  • Fast Internet
  • Finger Touch ID
  • Stock Mail

Cons

• Memory Card Slot
  • 4inch Display

kinghamer
posted on 20 Aug 2014, 18:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)

I work for a cell phone company, I know what I'm talking about ;)

kinghamer has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had the phone for 11 months, its great phone and I love it. Its quick, responsive, fairly durable, and very sleek. Like any iphone, it has NO customization, unless you jailbreak it. A jailbroken iphone is the best thing ive ever had.

Everyone says the Galaxy is better, of course it is because it came out last month, not late last year (October) like the iphone 5s.

Build quality 8/10 Screen could be more durable, but I have yet to find a screen on any phone that doesn't break when you drop. Besides, high quality screen protectors protect it. The aluminum body of the phone is durable, but scratches and dents easily.
Reception 10/10 Reception is 90% based on the cell company you use as well as cell reception in your area.
Call quality 8/10 Could be better, the speaker is clear, but not crystal clear. Speakerphone is definitely subpar.
Internet 10/10 Never had any issues whatsoever.
Multimedia 10/10 All videos play crystal clear, music is high quality.
Camera 10/10 Very clear photos. Megapixel is only 8, but that isn't a measure of how clear the picture is, only how clear things in the distance are.
UI speed 10/10 Smooth and never lags.
Everyday usage 9/10 Some things are slow when youre in a hurry such as the speed of opening apps etc. With the jailbreak my phone is very quick.
Text input 9/10 Ive never had any issues. The buttons are a bit small but the screen is only 4" so you can't expect much.
Display 9/10 Very clear. Most people compain that the screen is too small. I don't want a 6" phone in my pocket myself, I prefer something more usable and realistic. If you want a big screen, get a tablet. Duh.
Battery 6/10 The only downfall of the iphone 5s is the battery.. after a full day of being out and about (12-16 hours) I am using it not that often. I purchased an upgraded battery for it that does help, but stock its not great.

Pros

• Processor speed
  • Reliablity of the UI, no lags or glitches.
  • Camera is very clear for pics and vids

Cons

• Aluminum housing is not very durable

victor1997
posted on 29 Jul 2014, 23:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)

I wanna switch back to android...

victor1997 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Its nice and all but its too basic, UI is plain and boring after a while. Its better from what i had compared to its snappy performance, when it comes to My Droid RAZR HD, but the one thing that old peace of crap had was great battery life! this little apple iPhone forces me to become a "wall hugger" in the Samsung commercial. The design is nice but cant take the slightest scratch, although it did survive, the beach and 5FTdrop to cement. It needs customization for sure! thats a big must have! and better battery life as apple fan has craved for the passed 7 years. I think this is my last iPhone...sorry apple...you're too basic and plain for my taste...It's time for me to switch back to the good ol' days with android except i will have a very high end phone this time instead of a model from last year...but that's just my experience.

Build quality 10/10 I love the sleek black design
Multimedia 8/10 its okay.
UI speed 10/10 the UI is to plain...
Everyday usage 7/10 dies too fast
Display 6/10 wayyy to small and not as sharp resolution as i thought.
Battery 5/10 My droid razr HD had wayyy better battery life

Pros

• great camera
  • love the design
  • speakers
  • reception is okay
  • thin
  • proccessor speed
  • 64-bit is great for 3-D games

Cons

• Dies too fast
  • The UI is too basic
  • Scratches way to easily
  • Low Res.
  • Super small screen, come on apple its been 7 years!
  • I've become a wall hugger
  • Samsung is psychic
  • No storage expansion

victor1997 alternatives:

sandychc
posted on 20 Jul 2014, 11:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Jul 2014)

Be warned!!!!!!

sandychc has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have I phones now for many years 3/4/4s/5/5s
I've loved them from the start but the 5/5s are a major let down.
The positives are there for all to see.
Great screen / processor / super for Internet games and surfing.
BUT and it's a massive but
1. The lightning leads are useless they can last 12 months or 12 minutes. In the last 2 years I've bought 10 yes 10!!!!!!!!!
2. If you want to use it as a telephone to make calls you are better off with 2 tin cans and apiece of string!
After 4 replacement handsets I'm still dropping calls all the time. If you ring someone else with the same phone expect the call to fail every call after a couple of minutes. Its not a network problem it's the phone according to Apple genius's.
3. People will call you and get the unobtainable tone even when your signal is full strength.
4. You will often never receive text messages sent to you so your friends will think you've fallen out with them.

The result of my 5/5s experience is my HTC One M8 arrives Monday and I can't wait to get rid of my 5s fast enough.

Before you buy or get a 5s I suggest you ask your friends who have them and I guarantee that have had the same problems.

Call quality 2/10 Drops loads of calls

Pros

• Design and internet

Cons

• Calls and receiving texts rubbish

jdks87
posted on 19 Jun 2014, 21:25 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)

Eh.. I like my Galaxy S5 better.

jdks87 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I had this phone until the battery bursted and almost burned me. The battery life was just getting on my nerves anyways so I decided to try an Android phone. I chose the Galaxy S5 and its perfect. The iPhone 5s is a good phone, but not until you try out the Galaxy.

Build quality 10/10 Good quality material, and the phone looks very classy.
Reception 7/10 Don't really have service at work. My Galaxy S5 does though.. :/
Call quality 6/10 Can be very hard to hear when the phone is on speaker.
Internet 5/10 Internet is only fast at times.. And thats only a few times. I feel like I'm using the iPhone 4 again..
Multimedia 7/10 Ok sound quality.
Camera 5/10 Pictures turn out blurry sometimes.. I have to be holding it VERY still. Front facing camera is just terrible.
UI speed 6/10 Eh..
Everyday usage 5/10 Too small, and the phone gets way too hot.
Text input 4/10 Key board is wayyyy too small.
Display 7/10 The display is good.
Battery 2/10 BATTERY LIFE AND THE BATTERY ITSELF IS TERRIBLE. IT ALMOST BURNED ME AND BATTERY DOES NOT EVEN LAST A DAY. NEED TO CHARGE 3 TIMES A DAY.

dfoster
posted on 04 Jun 2014, 06:56 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)

iPhone 5s is nearly perfect now

dfoster has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

With v7.7.1 fingerprint identification finally works reliably and persists. With that fundamental revision I have to say I love my iPhone 5s. The screen could be a bit larger (no way 5.5" though), but otherwise it's fantastic and always with me.

Call quality 8/10 Call quality is only great using Facetime Audio. I think this is AT&T's issue more than Apple's.
Camera 9/10 One point down because HDR and flash settings often refuse to stick. Built-in HDR and slo-mo video are wonderful.
Text input 8/10 Needs customizable keyboards.
Display 10/10 Superlative. I have seen nothing on competitor's devices that has impressed me more.
Battery 9/10 Always make it through the day. Given what the device does in any given day, I am always amazed by this. 9 instead of 10 points because I want a device to go 18 hours before I reward it a 10.

Pros

• Exceptional handheld portable computer
  • Solid build quality - feels awesome in hand
  • Great display
  • Better camera than anyone else - no matter what others say
  • Incredible ecosystem with great apps

Cons

• Glass is fragile; new Zagg glass corrects
  • Screen could be 10% or so larger
  • Additional customization would be nice

Shawn414
posted on 14 May 2014, 16:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 May 2014)

Impressed!

Shawn414 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Coming from 4 to 5 years of using Android. Most recent being the HTC One S. I was tired of the bloatware, lagging, and freezing. That accompanied with being somewhat envious of friends loving their iPhones. I decided to give it a try. The 5s looked and seemed quite impressive to me.

So I switched a little over a month ago, and wow! The iPhone 5s is amazing! iOS is amazingly optimized! It's soo fluid and smooth. Nearly flawless! It never lags or freezes. It does come with some apps from Apple. But at least most are useful. The A7 chip is a beast!! Games play with no lag whatsoever. It's incredibly powerful yet efficient. Which that in combination with optimization in iOS make for really good battery life, considering the iPhone only has a 1,570mAh battery. I can easily get a full day of power use out of it before needing a charger. My Android lasted about 6 hours with power use, and a bigger battery....

The camera is phenomenal! This is where Apple's philosophy shines. Take something already in place, and perfect it. They made the lens bigger, to allow more light, and aperture faster. The result is the absolute best 8mp camera I've ever used. Detail is incredible, color is rich and true. Even when compared to 13mp and 16mp cameras on other phones. The iPhone produces the same if not better image quality. The camera UI is super simple to use. It doesn't have OiS. But Apples built in camera software easily make up for that. Video recording is great as well.

With everyday use....

Build quality 10/10 Laser crafted aluminum body. Lightweight. Durable.
Internet 9/10 Safari browser is amazing and intuitive. Pages can be a tad slow to load.
Multimedia 9/10 A tad bigger screen would be nice. But quick time is an amazing media player. Videos load really quick even with sup-par reception.

Pros

• Touch ID
  • iOS fluidity and smoothness
  • A7 chip with M7 coprocessor
  • Call quality
  • Durability
  • Display(best I've seen in a 4 inch screen)

Cons

• Size is arguable. Excellent one hand use.

cantrben
posted on 23 Apr 2014, 03:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)

Great for everything but actually talking

cantrben has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This is a terrific device. Stunning retina display, the new A7 processor, excellent front and back camera, tons of apps, very sturdy metal frame with a tough glass screen. Its everything you'd expect...except the call quality is way below sub-par. Then trying to use the speaker phone and it sounds like you are trying to talk while under water with a mouthfull of rocks. Drops calls on almost a constant basis (but your data is available still). The 4g gives you lightning fast data. Other than better call quality the only thing that would improve the iPhone would be a larger screen. Even with moderate usage the battery easily lasts all day (unless you are playing a graphics intense game).

Pros

• Fingerprint scanner works flawlessly
  • Retina display is amazing
  • Snappy A7 processor
  • Beautiful Pictures
  • Shoots HD video
  • Lightweight
  • Siri
  • Great Battery Life
  • Tons of apps and accessories available

Cons

• Terrible call quality
  • Still not able to change battery

cantrben alternatives:

greatoneiw
posted on 11 Apr 2014, 04:57 (Posts: 41; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)

Mid range phone

greatoneiw has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

this phone can play 1080 movies but in a 4 inch display , in other words if you play 480 movies its not gonna make any different
the battery is good for few first month and then it begins to be pain in the ***
it's expensive

Pros

• Build quality
  • UI speed

tuminatr
posted on 08 Mar 2014, 11:37 (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)

Worth upgradeing from 4s for LTE

tuminatr has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Overall this is a good phone but I think apple will need to truly make something better if they want to compete with the Android phones out there. Just does not feel like they brought there "A" game on this one

Internet 6/10 the Safari web browser is OK it wont display several websites and has trouble with drop down menues
Multimedia 9/10 good speakers but they do seem to be not as loud as my 4s
UI speed 9/10 I use this phone for business and the CRM app my company uses sucks on the Iphone but works great on my android. in my first week i had to uninstall the app 3 times and restart it to get it working. I have the same apps on my personal android phone and have had zero issues not sure if thats an apple OS issue or the app developer favoring android
Everyday usage 7/10 I use this phone for work and the touchscreen is not very accurate it mistypes all the time
Text input 5/10 others are much better
Display 7/10 to small
Battery 7/10 my other phone is a galaxy and it goes a few days with heavy use this 5s will not make it through the day

Pros

• very goood voice quality
  • great camera
  • Itunes
  • compatability with other apple devices
  • accessories options
  • aftermarket support
  • fast charge time (because of small battery)

Cons

• all the restrictions of apple
  • no removeable battery
  • no upgradeable memory
  • non standard cable
  • small display
  • speaker could use more volume

emadxerxes
posted on 08 Feb 2014, 11:14 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Feb 2014)

battery life is so disappointing

emadxerxes has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

its very chic luxury and delicate design, fast performance, huge improvement on camera and video quality
good user interference but extremely poor batter life (even worse than previous iphones)
surprisingly they also have decreased headphones music volume level, even putting it on 100% loud , still feels like quiet

Reception 9/10 this depends highly on network provider
Call quality 10/10 this depends highly on network provider
Battery 1/10 extremely pooooooor

Dapinder
posted on 07 Feb 2014, 10:54 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)

Awesome phone

Dapinder has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Awesome phone with good built quality, camera is also awesome clicks great pictures even in low light and indoors, little disappointment from battery usage but better than iPhone 5, needs a more powerful battery

Camera 10/10 Mobile should a camera with good quality but this phone gives more than sufficient photo quality, mobiles with camera above 10 mp sucks, if someone want that then go buy a professional/digicam

Pros

• Looks, Build quality, Camera

Cons

• Screen size needs to be around 4.3-4.5
  • Spare parts little costlier
  • Need Battery disconnecting button for emergency

flipjzn
posted on 08 Jan 2014, 15:09 (Posts: 184; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)

Got gold?

flipjzn has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I got the iphone 5s gold 32gb last October and being one of the lucky few shot got the gold color I get a lot of attention. It is a real looker. The premium feel and the looks are what I like about this phone. I don't regret paying for it.

Build quality 9/10 It feels and looks perfect.
Reception 10/10 Never had a problem with signal.
Call quality 10/10 Loud and clear, always.
Internet 10/10 Fast and effective.
Multimedia 10/10 Flawless
Camera 10/10 Very good. The dual flash is awesome at parties.
UI speed 10/10 Snappy!
Everyday usage 10/10 Fits in my skinny jeans perfectly.
Display 10/10 Just right for the size.
Battery 9/10 So far so good. Better than 5 for sure.

Pros

• Fits well for one hand texting.
  • Beautiful design.
  • Snappy UI, simple but effective

muhammadhamza131
posted on 17 Dec 2013, 03:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)

much better than previous iphones

muhammadhamza131 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Overall its a very good phone.Camera is improved a lot and clearer than ever.It has very good graphics and works vey fast in opening different applications but i am disappointed with its low battery life and internet browsing speed which i expected to be a lot faster than previous iphones

Pros

• very clear camera
  • speed
  • excellent graphics
  • very good design

Cons

• battery life is not good
  • little slow internet browsing
  • screen size is little small

muhammadhamza131 alternatives:

power_x
posted on 05 Dec 2013, 08:43 (Posts: 238; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)

Best phone on the planet

power_x has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone is simply amazing . The difference between this and my mum's Note II is night and day . Everything is superb on the 5S , great display with excellent viewing angles and color reproduction , the best camera is even better with new features like burst mode , slow-mo , and TrueTone flash , Touch ID is a killer feature , I mainly use it for purchasing apps and music , I know most if these features are in Android for years , but they are half-baked , Apple takes its time to perfect every single feature and the results are amazing . I hope that Apple will stay on top forever .

Build quality 10/10 Aluminum , glass and the extreme care for details says it all .
Reception 10/10 I never dropped a single bar before . This is the first phone for me to perform like that .
Call quality 10/10 Call quality is great , noise canceling works perfectly .
Internet 10/10 In web browsing this phone is a Bugatti . My mum's Note II is a Fiat compared to the 5S .
Multimedia 9/10 Just a bigger display (4.5 or 4.7) would be better .
Camera 10/10 Just amazing
UI speed 10/10 Apple is the king of software optimization . The 64-bit A7 is a monster .
Everyday usage 10/10 Easy and simple to use .
Text input 9/10 A great virtual keyboard , but again a bigger display will help a lot .
Display 9/10 A bigger display is all what the iPhone need .
Battery 10/10 So far a very long-lasting battery ! I see a lot of people complaining about the 5S battery , but at least my unit doesn't gave any problem .

• Portability
  • App Store and iTunes
  • Speed and 64-bit
  • LTE and Wi-Fi ac
  • Touch ID

Cons

• Small screen
  • A little bit expensive compared to the rest devices

power_x alternatives:

htainlintha
posted on 03 Dec 2013, 20:58 (Posts: 34; Member since: 20 Mar 2010)

Not so new phone with improved hardware and same OS

htainlintha has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The iphone 5S is a new smartpohne introduced by apple with ios7,same OS and begging for changes which keyboard can't be cahnged,browser can't be changed and so many things can't be changed. It has a aluminium body and impreesive 64bit A7 chips with M7 GPU which rocks and can beat some 6 month old Android deviced but not to Note 3,Z1 and G2 which are even some weeks earlier than this phone's release.Touch ID is quite good but not so impressive that it works only 6 to 7/10 times. The iOS7 has occational lag due to OS not optimised for 64 bit chip is to be blamed.8mp camera with dual-tone flash works great in low-light but I'd like to beg for better perfromence in normal light or bright light condition,it still fails like HTC one but thanks to 8MP it can perfroem better.Like really? no pause in video recording? just mono recording still? No screen changes and it isn't impressive at all and screen size is too small,I am ok with small screen but 4 inch is too small for me. Parallax effect is like 2-year old application from Android and it is introduced as featuers on this phone.Commander center is something like Android notification bar? and Siri stil lags behind comapre to Google now perfromence. Like Ok google can activate the phone voice without even touching the phone and it is rocking.App store apps are good,in fact great I'd say but the boundaries will make you to pay in-appprchase without mercy and it is a pain in the ass because they are endless and AUD100 is like nothing in...

Build quality 8/10 Great and they still maintain their build quliaty and too fragile for a drop from a waist height,so better put cover or don't be careless while holding the phone.
Reception 8/10 Great and improved.well done apple.
Call quality 8/10 Great
Internet 7/10 Quite fluid and fast but if you opem any web pages with too uch flash content it keeps crashing.
Multimedia 3/10 With the 640p and every file need to change to mp4 isn't working out well for me at all.
Camera 6/10 8MP with true-tone flash is good but not good enough in vid recording and takeing pics in normal light conditon.Auto focus isn't working well also,really hope new update will fix it and no pause in video recording.Too little features on camera usabililty.
UI speed 6/10 ios7 is faster than 6 thanks to the new hardware but facing occasional alg.Not as smooth as before.App crashes more often than ios 6.
Everyday usage 4/10 Just ok.
Text input 3/10 Keyboard isn't good but can't cahnge.
Display 3/10 640p is so suck that I can't view youutube in even 720p and games,apps and images,web browsing are not so good on the phone.
Battery 6/10 Battery life is too weak and I always need a charger for my phone all the time even though I am not using it heavily and no other options to extend it like always ,apple way.

Pros

• iOS7
  • Aluminium Body
  • A7 chip(64-bit)
  • M7 GPU
  • Touch ID
  • Relatively good speakers

Cons

• 640p screen doesn't cut the edge
  • 4 inch is too small
  • 8MP camera isn't impressive compare to competitor
  • iOS7 is a tiring OS with same way in new designs
  • Too much reliant on itunes
  • apple map doesn't work well and nowhere near google map in usability for now
  • No new features
  • 1GB RAM
  • Too weak battery life

htainlintha alternatives:

TechBoyAL2
posted on 28 Nov 2013, 19:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)

iPhone 5s

TechBoyAL2 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

this phone is an O.K. phone. Even while it is fast, for the money i just didnt feel i was getting 700 or 800 dollars worth when i held it in my hand... Sure the build quality is great but it felt like it was lacking something. All i felt was that i had a small, fast phone that shot good pics and did what it was told... was it worth the money? i dont think so at all.

Internet 6/10 Small screen

Pros

• Fast Phone
  • Ok Camera

Cons

• iOS 7 is a bit bland
  • small screen
  • resolution of screen is low
  • Battery life is just ok

npn_pharena
posted on 25 Nov 2013, 04:53 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)

Apple iPhone 5s is one of the best

npn_pharena has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone I use in just a few days, but I really like it. Strong, beautiful, functional, fast, good camera. Everything you need is on this phone. Clearly, there are a few cons, but Apple's iPhone 5s is one of the best phones currently. Maybe there is not much difference between the iPhone 5 and 5s, but still chose a newer model, simply because it has a more powerful processor, improved camera optics, Touch ID and turned golden version, but for me it is - the best.

Build quality 10/10 The phone looks great. The build quality is very good, and the phone itself looks solid and expensive. Everything would be ideal except for one thing - the on / off button is a little loose when you litter it, but here's a little thing.
Call quality 10/10 The sound really good and can be heard loudly. In short, everything is fine.
Internet 9/10 Browse is convenient, fast and easy. Only the screen a bit too small.
Multimedia 8/10 All is well, except for the small screen for the job.
Camera 10/10 The color is exactly, sufficient detail. Snapping very quickly. All the required additional features and nothing more. Just a little HDR I missed filming.
UI speed 10/10 This is the iOS and the things said about the operation.
Everyday usage 10/10 It is convenient to perform nearly every operation easy. All you need to use everyday.
Text input 10/10 Writing a very convenient and fast.
Display 10/10 LCD displays a very realistic and detailed picture. Everything just fine.
Battery 8/10 The battery life is good but not the best ones. It could be on duty and a little longer, but it's not a bad result.

Pros

• Build quality
  • iOS 7 works and looks great
  • Double flash

Cons

• No SD card slot
  • Could be a 4,3-inch screen
  • Battery is not the good

snitgend
posted on 09 Nov 2013, 10:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)

Display Quality, Camera, and UI Speed make for the best iPhone to date!

snitgend has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

The first thing you will notice about the 5s when you turn it on is how incredible the display is. When I upgraded from my 4, I had no clue the display was something I would notice, but I was wrong. It's clearer, brighter, and overall simply better than any previous iPhones. The second thing you'll notice is how fast the phone is. The UI is speedy and the actual running of functions has already been proven as a benchmark leader. Also, one of the best features a lot of people will take for granted, is the iCloud restore. All I had to do was plug in my Apple ID and my 5s now looks exactly as my 4 did. I'm not talking simply downloading the same apps, I'm taking every single feature and saved data is in tact. Missed calls, texts, app data, history, everything. I never really knew how much my automatic backups were doing for me, but I can now put it in the huge plus category for Apple. Touch ID is a cool feature in theory, but I'm 50/50 on it thus far. It doesn't always recognize my finger on the first, second, or even third try, which can become annoying. Overall, if you're a previous iPhone owner or new to Apple, the 5s is a no brainer. Happy Android users probably won't find that much value, but at this point, iOS and Android can be considered equally superior systems and really only a matter of personal preference separates them. I give the phone a 9 out of 10...only because no phone will ever be "perfect". It's perfect for my needs and I'd recommend it to anyone,...

Build quality 9/10 Build quality has always been a strong suit for Apple and one of the main reasons I choose to stick with their phones. Premium materials, look, and feel. The 5s doesn't get a perfect rating from me only due to the fact that it's edges can feel a little sharp in the hand. A minimalist case can easily fix that however and protect your investment while you're at it.
Reception 10/10 I have had zero issues with reception to this point and no reason to give it less than a 10 rating.
Call quality 10/10 The call quality has improved over my last phone, which I was already content with. Again, no reason to give less than a 10 rating here.
Internet 9/10 Internet use is fast, both on wi/fi or LTE. My needs are completely satisfied here. I give a 9 rating due to screen size making some things slightly more difficult. However, it's a phone. You can use a tablet or computer if you really want screen real estate.
Multimedia 10/10 Multimedia is top notch. iTunes and music playback on the 5s are in my opinion the industry standard. The sound is excellent and much improved over previous versions. Video playback is a breeze and gameplay is flawless.
Camera 10/10 Picture quality is amazing! We've reached a point in history where phones are now viable replacements for the standard point and shoot. I will use my 5s for everyday pictures and not think twice.
UI speed 10/10 iOS 7 is lightning fast on the 5s. Flipping between pages, scrolling music, opening and closing apps, utilizing Siri...all accomplished faster than you'd even expect sometimes.
Everyday usage 10/10 The perfect combination of build quality, size, weight, battery life, and straight up everyday usage for someone like myself. I don't believe there is any other option out there today that I'd be any more happy with than the 5s.
Text input 10/10 The iOS keyboard is fantastic. It's fast, clear, and easy to use. Nothing more to say.
Display 10/10 Bright and vibrant. The display quality is incredible. Sure, there are a large number of people who will say the screen size is too small, and that's fine...but if you look at what a display is supposed to do, aka display things, I don't see how it could be improved. Sure, pixel density has changed in years, but PPI is just a marketing tool at this point. Where improvements can be had is in clarity, true color representation, and brightness. Apple has done it with this one.
Battery 9/10 Battery life for me with normal usage is right around 1.5 - 2 days. Charging is also very fast. I'm completely content with the battery life, but there is always room for improvement.

• UI Speed
  • iCloud Backup / Restore

Cons

• Speaker Placement
  • Touch ID Inconcistencies

Alvin
posted on 07 Nov 2013, 03:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)

More than S.

Alvin has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

iPhone 5S is one of the best phone I have ever seen . It is extremely snappy and fluent . iOS 7 makes the phone easy and simple to use . The updated camera system is just gorgeous , better than most 13-megapixel competitors out there . Touch ID , is something really useful . It works rather well . It is easy , simple and fast , making it very enjoyable to unlock the phone everyday ( I hate entering password ) . And best of all , all iLife and iWork apps will be available for free on the App Store which is just killer . The only thing is if it is a Full-HD display and have a long-lasting battery . I will have nothing to complain about .

Build quality 10/10 Built entire with aluminium and glass . Sapphire crystal protecting the camera and home button . Extremely thin and light . Distinctive-feel button ... The design and build quality is the best ever on a smartphone .
Reception 9/10 Simply stable . Great reception . But always drop to 3G from 4G . Mainly because the carrier I think .
Call quality 10/10 Extremely loud and clear output . I really have nothing to complain about , as it is the best out there .
Internet 10/10 Safari is the best browser for a mobile device . Simple and beautiful UI . Pages load up pretty fast . The reading-mode is just phenomenal .
Multimedia 5/10 I seldom use the Music and Video apps . The music and video costs a lot !
Camera 8/10 Simple UI . Useful feature . The photos taken in good-lighting and low-light are great . Videos are good . I pretty like the Slow-motion feature . However , the mono-audio captured is pretty bad . And if it is a 13-megapixel sensor . Photos taken in good-lighting will appear sharper . The True-Tone flash , works extremely well , though .
UI speed 10/10 The 64-bit architecture in the iPhone 5S is perfect . The phone is super snappy and fluent . The gaming experience is something that I cannot use words to describe . As it works together with iOS 7 , no lagging will be found . Forget the specs , it blows everything away .
Everyday usage 9/10 Everyday usage is good , but sometimes I find Android more easy to use .
Text input 10/10 The voice-dictation and auto-correct feature , is something I really really like . I can input text even faster than typing on my computer .
Display 9/10 It would be better if it is a Full-HD display . The screen size , however , is acceptable for me , as I like to operate it with one hand only .
Battery 7/10 The battery is the one of the weakest point of the iPhone 5S . It should have lasted much longer . But the charging time is lightning fast though .

Pros

• Beautiful design
  • Very compact
  • Easy to use
  • Ultrafast
  • Powerful camera
  • Touch-ID
  • Great software
  • iLife and iWork apps are all free

Cons

• Lag of features in Multimedia
  • Battery life is yet to be improved
  • No MicroSD card support
  • Not a Full-HD display

User72042
posted on 25 Oct 2013, 17:04 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)

Not Exactly the same as iPhone 5

User72042 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I bought it From Apple.com And it was shipped within 2 weeks,And about my new iPhone better to start with this,We All Know That There are A lot Of Great Phones Out Here,But In my Idea Nothing is Comparable to This beauty,Just Download Infinity Blade III,And you Will find how Great life is,But there is one thing that i didn't Like about it and it is the screen size,I think 4.5 or 4.7 would be better,and dont forget,For One-hand operations?comfy!!!

Pros

• Great Outdoor Visibility
  • Excellent Premium Build Quality
  • Astounding UI Speed
  • Great Browser and Internet Speed
  • Touch ID

Cons

• Lack Of MicroSD
  • Not The Best Camera out There but Features Cool effects
  • Battery Could have Been better But I'm ok with it
  • Multimedia is Dependent on iTunes
  • iOS7,They Still gotta work on it a little more

User72042 alternatives: