Apple iPad mini 2 User Reviews

Build quality9.7/10
Text input9.7/10
UI speed9.8/10

Lol20025
posted on 25 Mar 2015, 19:32 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Jan 2015)

Tablet Very Good!

Lol20025 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This iPad For Me , Is The iPad More Better For Me We I Have , The Retina Display Are Any New For The iPad Mini , Is Very Fast Of The Chip A7 With 64 Bits , The Battery Are So Good , Hard Me All The Day , Apple Thanks Of This iPad Of The 2013

Pros

Cons

• Memory

Lol20025 alternatives:

Figster512
posted on 05 Mar 2015, 09:40 (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Mar 2015)

Great tablet.

Figster512 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The iPad Mini 2 is a great tablet. I'm writing the review with it right now. It is perfect for people who want a tablet that can fit in a small compartment, but still want a display that is large and clear enough to get work done. The battery life is excellent, I get 9-13 hours with screen brightness about a quarter to half way up. The display is very clear, but the colors aren't as accurate as an iPhone screen. The camera is decent if you have nothing else to shoot with. It is definitely capable of shooting good pictures, but is nothing compared to an iPhone or a real camera. Performance is decent, there is some minor lag in the menu but nothing really major. The speakers are good, they aren't extremely loud but loud enough and they are very high quality. The device is very thin, but if you drop it on its front, even with Apple's Smart Case Mini, the screen will shatter. (I know from experience.) Overall, for $300, this device is a steal. It has a powerful processor, great display, great battery life, decent camera and speakers, and is great for web browsing. I would recommend the 32GB model. I got the 64GB when it was out in 2013, and I have used around 24GB of space.

Build quality 8/10 Aluminum holds up well and feels great, but the screen is easily cracked when dropped.
Reception 8/10 Connection to Wi-Fi is good
Call quality 9/10 I don't use this a phone but FaceTime Audio is good
Internet 10/10 This device is perfect for web browsing and watching YouTube videos.
Multimedia 10/10 Watching movies, listening to music, and gaming is a good experience.
Camera 8/10 The camera is only 5 megapixels, but it still shoots 1080p video and the built-in editing software can make your photos look much better.
UI speed 9/10 The device is fast enough on iOS 8, but there is some minor lag.
Everyday usage 10/10 I never have a problem using this device.
Text input 10/10 I am able to type extremely quickly with the stock keyboard. You can also pair Bluetooth keyboards and download third-party keyboards from the App Store.
Display 9/10 The display is very clear, but colors are a bit off and it is not widescreen.
Battery 10/10 I can get up to 14 hours of battery usage.

Pros

• Great battery
  • Clear display
  • Good speakers
  • Great value
  • Very thin and light design
  • Extremely fast processor and graphics

Cons

• Very easily cracked if dropped
  • Camera is nothing special

Figster512 alternatives:

Abhisek
posted on 04 Feb 2015, 03:37 (Posts: 13; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)

Best Tablet

Abhisek has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Best size of a tablet, nice design easier to hold in one hand and play game. Also reading books and surfing web is best in iPad mini size tablet, specially in retina display. Now they are affordable, so I bought one mainly for reading purpose. Best thing is that AppStore have so many iPad optimized apps for everyone and for every field (like so many iPad optimized medical apps), so this makes different. I using 4-5 hours daily and charges once in 3 day, battery life 11-12 hours.

Pros

• Good for reading books, surfing Web
  • Best display and screen ratio
  • Good gaming experience
  • Best iPad optimised apps in AppStore
  • 11-12 hours battery life

Cons

• Bluetooth connection have sometimes problem

Abhisek alternatives:

chloeblack
posted on 01 Dec 2014, 00:25 (Posts: 14; Member since: 18 Nov 2014)

user rating

chloeblack has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

It's thin, runs fast and display HD resolution. But the front camera is not that clear. And the volume is not as good as the first generation. The battery also drains faster than the first generation. But it is better than any other tablets in other parts.

Kyau5
posted on 09 Oct 2014, 07:12 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Oct 2014)

Excellent Tablet!!

Kyau5 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've used the 1st generation Ipad mini since 2013.
- Unibody construction
- Display has a very high colour accuracy
- Best tablet in the market.
- IOS 8!!
- A7 64 bit proceccor
When I hold iPad Mini retina and use it for the first time, it's wow!! :)

Pros

• Display has a very high colour accuracy
  • Excellent bulid
  • Ios
  • Attractive and thin design

Kyau5 alternatives:

ryanlockovich
posted on 06 Aug 2014, 22:54 (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Jul 2014)

Awesome Tablet!!

ryanlockovich has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I love this tablet! The display is so clear and the processor is so fast. It is so worth it. I like the small size. It makes it easy to hold. The graphics are so sharp when gaming. I recommend this tablet to anyone.

Build quality 10/10 It looks very nice. I love the thin aluminum design. It's so thin!
Reception 6/10 I only have the wifi only model so this doesn't matter.
Call quality 8/10 FaceTime calling is pretty good.
Internet 8/10 The internet is pretty fast, but sometimes it can be slow.
Multimedia 10/10 I use my ipad for everything. I game, surf the web, check my calendar, and I video call. I haven't had any problems.
Camera 6/10 Camera is ok, but that's what I would expect from a tablet.
UI speed 10/10 This thing is so fast! I love the A7 chip.
Everyday usage 10/10 I use my ipad all the time and haven't had any issues.
Text input 8/10 It's pretty easy to type on it. I like the keyboard.
Display 10/10 The display is so awesome!! It's so clear!
Battery 7/10 The battery is pretty good. I have to keep the brightness at 50% or the battery will drain fast.

• Specs

Cons

• Battery can drain fast when at full brightness
  • iOS has some limitations

ryanlockovich alternatives: