x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Verizon Discussions
  • Options
    Close

To 4G or not 4G is the question...

JohnnyBravo 02 Dec 2012, 13:01 posted on

For all those who experience 4G LTE, if someone offered you a free super megaphone with all the specs but with 3G would you switch or stay with your 4G device?

A lot of people say that 4G LTE is not necessary and I agree with that comment. I also believe that people putting the Nexus 4 device down simply because it doesnt have 4G LTE is asinine. However, with that said, once you experience 4G LTE it becomes REALLY hard to go back to 3G.

posted on 03 Dec 2012, 09:23

1. It_Is_Boogie (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)

That question would depend on whether you consume alot of media.
With my typical usage, 3G is not an option, it's 4G or bust. From tethering my tablet to use streaming video services or upload images to being able to seamlessly stream music from Spotify and Tune In without buffering pauses at the highest quality is absolutely great. 3G is good, but as I started streaming more media, it became a nuissance, waiting for buffers of having to endure lower quality. If your main use is text based, i.e. ttweets, FB status updates reading news, 4G doesn't matter. If you consume alot of media, it makes a big difference, especially when it is video on these new high res screens.

posted on 28 Feb 2013, 23:47

2. tchad78 (Posts: 10; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)

I might take a phone with 3G to play around with, but it isn't worth money to me. My little droid gets 20-25 mbps, I can watch HD youtube videos anywhere. My wife's 3G phone gets .5 - .8 mbps. 3g shouldn't be a billable data plan anymore, 3G phones should simply be free data. It isn't like they can even use enough data to affect the network handling LTE speeds.

posted on 13 Apr 2013, 17:09

5. phonemonkey (Posts: 166; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)

to say 3g doesn't affect 4g lte is to say that because your electricity consumption doesn't affect your gas consumption, you shouldn't have to pay for it

posted on 25 Aug 2014, 18:59

10. sputtle (Posts: 7; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)

T-mobile does it. There's no cap on data, just high speed data.

posted on 04 Mar 2013, 03:51 1

3. albort (Posts: 5; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)

I prefer to 4G. I t is just by your opinions!

posted on 16 Mar 2013, 06:05

4. TeritorialDemon (Posts: 20; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)

Honestly, I agree that 4G is faster. I dont live on the internet like most of the people do so going back to an affordable 3G device isn't a problem for me.

posted on 16 Apr 2013, 05:19

6. Ido-Mobile (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)

I have not been fortuante enough to experience LTE speeds myself, as it will only be present in my country in some 3-5 years, I would assume, but my home Internet connection is basically as fast as LTE in somewhat crowded markets, at 20 Mbps.
I use an iPhone 4S on Orange (in Israel). 3G speeds typically max out for me at around 3 Mbps, sometimes as high as 6 Mbps. This is completely fine for me - due to iOS' limitations, I cannot download an application that's over 50MB in size anyway, so I don't feel like it's too slow for me. I rarely watch videos on my phone, but when I do, they play quite well - not in a very high quality, mind you, but still watchable, if that word even exists.
When I do need a faster connection, I would normally be in my house, where I would actually rarely use my iPhone. I am much more inclined to use my iPad, Mac or Apple TV for catching up on new videos from my YouTube subscription.
I guess that need for LTE is not present for me, because of my phone. If I had a device with a display that measures at least 4.3-inches diagonally, my statement would have possibly been different, as my use patterns would have probably changed, favoring more media consumption when I'm away from home.

posted on 23 Jul 2013, 15:47

8. rbbnice07 (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)

By the end of 2014 the Verizon Wireless 3G network's bandwith will be so miniscule that it will become basically non-existent. LTE is the way to go no doubt.

posted on 27 Jul 2013, 07:50

9. IamDocNazir (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Jul 2013)

I agree with Mr Bogei comment..its all about consumption,time and availability of service..But once u taste 4g then its hard to come back to 3g unless non availability of service

posted on 11 Oct 2014, 19:32

11. farouzmamoh (Posts: 4; Member since: 09 Oct 2014)

We have iPhones available to purchase. Unlike many competitors, you are purchasing a sealed, original iPhone with us. These are not refurbished models with iOs installations and replacement plates as many people pass off as the real thing. The phones many companies offer will appear real, but when comparing the operating specifications, they will fall very short.Purchase from us today. Contact us 24 hours at the number available. Avertec Limited are standing by. Need something other than iPhones for wholesale? Let us know!

Our Special Offers and Promo includes :

Buy 2 units of Apple iPhone 6 128 GB --@ $650 Each = $1,300 USD and get 1 unit FREE
Buy 4 units of Apple iPhone 6 128 GB --@ $600 Each = $2,400 USD and get 2 units FREE
Buy 5 units of Apple iPhone 6 128 GB --@ $580 Each = $2,900 USD and get 3 units FREE

Buy 2 units of Apple iPhone 5s 64GB --@ $400 Each = $800 USD and get 1 unit FREE
Buy 4 units of Apple iPhone 5s 64GB --@ $380 Each = $1,520 USD and get 2 units FREE
Buy 5 units of Apple iPhone 5s 64GB --@ $350 Each = $1,750 USD and get 3 units FREE

Hurry while the offer last as these won't last long!! Very limited offer!

We ship to wherever in the united states...serious buyers only..no spammers...we respond faster to text messages and emails..

email : averteclimited (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Text : +1502-209-4260

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories