Live: RIM's BlackBerry 10 launch event
The BlackBerry 10 launch event will not only reveal all important details surrounding the new platform, but will also introduce us to the first BlackBerry 10 smartphones. How many and exactly what these smartphones are going to be like is still unknown, but it's safe to say that we'll see the much-leaked BlackBerry Z10 full touchscreen smartphone, which alone is a quite a good reason for you guys to stick with us, because we're going to cover every single detail about the event and the products that will get announced there.
This is our liveblog dedicated to the BlackBerry 10 launch event! Here you'll be able to follow its progress, as well as get info and pictures directly from the keynote. Stay tuned, guys, the event is scheduled to begin at 10AM ET | 9AM CT | 7AM PT | 3PM GMT!
Live event tracker
1. idroidequis (Posts: 103; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
They gonna need alot of hype to get a piece of the smartphone OS pie. The real questions is will developers and manufactures support it like the do ISO and Android???
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Earlier articles said they have alot of supporters on board with them......so yes :)
3. idroidequis (Posts: 103; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Id hope so. Seems like they're promising alot. If they dont deliver. They're gonna get criticized to oblivion.
9. vandroid (Posts: 279; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
30000+ app submissions in 24 hours I'd say they have a lot of support from devs
21. Ohrules (Posts: 322; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
4. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Good companies that hit bottom pretty hard just because they didn't get to the new shows learns much more than the new companies who are running. That's the case with RIM too and I think they will come up stronger. They already have good experience and strong fan/user-base.
I am looking forward to see them get up good with BB10. Will I buy a BB10 device anytime soon, no (Can't afford it to be honest) but Playbook is something I always want to have, with BB10 that will be one of my super-desirable device.
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Maybe there is live video stream ?
17. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
tml. It'll begin at 3PM GMT,
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
For those who are interested and want to watch live event!
View on your desktop: http://tremolo.edgesuite.net/b
View on your mobile device: http://tremolo.edgesuite.net/b
20. kalandershihab (Posts: 57; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
soon there is gonna be a blackberry logo in my pro pic. apple sucks since they released ios6
24. kalandershihab (Posts: 57; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
i really hope that there are extra features to be unveiled today..
5. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I wish it wouldn't succeed
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
Why are you so cruel nikolas?
11. jroc74 (Posts: 5042; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Why is that? Apple I can kinda understand.....I still dont wish them to fail tho. Just be a lil more humble.
Why wish this on RIM?
13. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Maybe they will close the doors. Don't worry in a few months it will fail!
6. steelicon (Posts: 313; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
Good luck Research In Motion, BlackBerry 10, BB Z10 and CEO Thorsten Heins!
7. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Adding 1 more challenger to the OS game ....bring it on ...This will be more beneficial for the consumers.....So more Competition , More Development , More Innovation , Etc ...
8. 1701nino (unregistered)
Yeah,agree with you on this one noim1,the more players arein the mobile arena,technology will only get cheaper and more advanced.
12. akishakoi (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
BB10, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Series 40, SailFish, Firefox, Ubuntu, Tizen, what have you.. let the game begin!
14. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Just announce your going out of business. That would be great. I got rid of another blackberry user yesterday. That was the last one at my company! Thank God!
27. Xtasy (Posts: 272; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
You haters need to get a life...Why is it that i don't go on iphone or android news pages and comment cuz i couldn't care less about them and if i do read about it than it's just for my own knowledge...But u just sound llike an ignorant person who has nothing better to do but hate......haters hate out of jealousy :p
34. jroc74 (Posts: 5042; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Haters gonna hate...regardless.
Just know there are some Android users...lik me...that are not totally fanboys. I keep repeating this...I am really excited for this. I dont plan on leaving Android anytime soon....but BB10 would get a serious look from me.
IMO they are moving in the right direction.....and I would probably get one just because of Alicia Keys....oh my....lol.
22. areeeeez (Posts: 16; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
LIVE STREAM? tremolo.edgesuite.net/blackberry_experience_launch/desktop_dvr/index.html
23. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Bring it on, Blackberry! I hope you succeed!
25. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Yes, Nicolas.Oliver and other RIM haters have their wishes answered. RIP RIM. Welcome BB.
28. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
hahahah THATS RIGHT! amen to that!
29. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
It's great to see Blackberry change and get back in the game again.Let's be honest guys most of us,myself included,came over from BB to Android but as for me I still have a soft spot for them and these two devices are impressive for the start.SO WELCOME BACK BLACKBERRY.
31. helloct (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Live streaming The BlackBerry 10 Experience event: Seems like I finnaly found my next mobile OS after the Maemo/MeeGo experience:
The same Multitasking experience + all in one FINGER.
33. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
I for one would love for Blackberry to succeed in its endeavors but after that event let alone being late to the game, they haven't showed us that it has the COOL or WOW factors that their competition has... They need to open source the new OS to other device makers like Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC, Lenovo and any up-and-coming like Huawei and ZTE for them to succeed... IMHO