x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
T-Mobile Discussions
  • Options
    Close

T Mobile Service is Terrible

terp1 03 Jul 2012, 13:19 posted on 1

After being a t-mobile customer for over 8 years I have come to the conclusion that they are scam artists. I have had the t-mobile at home service for a little over 2 years now and it no longer works. My internet cuts off and I then lose the phone service along with it, which is hooked up to my home security system. (Goodbye home security). When I called them I found out there is nothing they can do because I am grandfathered in and they no longer have the routers or repair defective ones. I told them to cancel it and because they said I used it to upgrade a phone they are going to charge me $250.00 for an early termination. When I explained it DOES NOT WORK it went in one ear and out the other and all Melissa (at t mobile) did was read from the book and say I'm Sorry! Then she had a brilliant idea lets BLACKMAIL the customer...I would only have to pay $100.00 and agree to up my contract on my two cell phone for another 2 years, well I have six months left on my contract then it is goodbye T-Mobile. I have sent a letter to their customer relations department in New Mexico and am awaiting an answer, then it will probably be off to arbitration which I learned if I request a personal arbitration meeting it will cost me $25.00 and T-Mobile about $1600.00! Hmmm $1600.00 versus keeping a long time customer happy! Wonder what they will opt for? I have come to learn over time that T-Mobile's customer service is getting worse every day and BLACKMAIL seems to be their new tactic.

posted on 07 Sep 2012, 10:53

1. Dirty_Budha (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)

I have the Home deal too. Here's what you need to know:

- It's not a scam. Mine still works.
- It's VERY common to have to reboot your router, so much so that even my ISP's provided router needs a reboot occasionally. Just unplug the device for a few minutes and then plug it back in.
- It TOTALLY blows that the phone feature goes in and out. A reboot solves this issue for me. I've rebooted it once in the few months with no issues thus far. I expect it'll happen again and I'll just reboot the device.

I will agree that trying to kill a service that isn't offered or supported is a beast. They should give us the option to leave scott-free since it's an out-of-date service.
Mine works very well, just remember to reboot the device occasionally, and I use it to get phone upgrades!

posted on 29 Mar 2013, 11:47

2. AlMal (Posts: 29; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)

At some point I was their customer for several years. But I must admit, I did not have problems with their service. It is very unlucky that you have such problems with them.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories