x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Sprint Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Discounts/Incentives at Sprint

aando2009 06 Sep 2011, 16:07 posted on

I am a Verizon customer with a contract that is expiring this month. 2 months ago a Sprint partner retailer told me that I would get $120 off of a new smartphone and 20% off of the monthly plan (with the monthly plan reduction dependent upon my porting over my # from Verizon). I knew that the $120 rebate was temporary, but didn't think the monthly reduction was temporary. Today I was told (by a different employee at the same store) that they both were temporary and have expired. Is anyone familiar with how often they offer these reductions, and what flexibility the partner store has (especially in relation to the monthly plan discount)? Thanks

posted on 10 Sep 2011, 11:47

1. phoneguy79 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Sep 2011)

I actually work for a "Sprint Preferred Retailer" the port in credit actually ends in October, but I'm sure Sprint will offer something again soon. The monthly discount they offered you is not a temporary thing, once that is on your acct. it stays there.

posted on 12 Sep 2011, 07:40

2. aando2009 (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)

Thanks. So it should still be offered currently by Sprint retailers? I wonder why the guy I spoke with said it is not being offered right now...(And by temporary I meant that they told me the offer period was temporary, not the length of time the credit is applied is temporary)

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories