Nokia 8800 / 8801 review
I'll go into details about each and every setting that can be tweaked. You can control pretty much everything from this menu:
- Profiles lets you personalize how your phone behaves in different environments by selecting settings
- Themes lets you personalize the appearance and sounds
- Tones customization of the sounds of the currently selected profile
- Display Wallpaper selection, screen saver, color schemes
- Date and Time
- My Shortcuts administer the shortcuts
- Connectivity Bluetooth, Packet data settings
- Call automatic redial, any key answer. There is also a new option called Audio Enhancing which according to the manual increases speech intelligibility, especially in noisy environments. Of course, I wanted to test is so I used my Logitech hand fan which we normally use to test the wind- suppression technique used in Bluetooth headsets. I was expecting that Nokia had employed some type of software algorithm to remove excess sounds. They still might have, but I could not find any difference with this setting activated or not when the fan was blowing towards the phone I still could not hear anything but the sound of the wind resistance.
- Phone Language, Memory status, automatic keyguard, security keyguard, Operator selection etc
- Security PIN code request, Call baring service, Fixed dialing, Access codes
Gallery is menu for easy access to all your music, video, pictures, themes, recording or tone files. All files are stored inside folders like Images, Video Clips, Music Files etc. You can create your own folders and start storing files there.