x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

LG VX8350 Review

LG VX8350

Posted: , posted by PhoneArena Team

Tags:

Pages
Performance:

LG VX8350 Review
When comparing the Reception and Sound Quality between the VX8350 and VX8300, we found that newer doesn’t always mean better. Both phones kept the same reception about 90% of the time, but the other 10% while used in fringe areas, the VX8350 would repeatedly drop calls or could not find a signal. We are unsure if this is because the phone uses an internal antenna, or if it could be related to something else. The Call Quality through the earpiece was also not as clear and static free as on the VX8300. Several times we noticed the presence of static and interference during calls, which we were unable to duplicate on the VX8300. Lastly, the earpiece volume on the VX8350 was also not as loud as on the VX8300. One positive thing that we did like was that the Speakerphone on the VX8350 did not suffer from the large amount of distortion that is created when using the Speakerphone on the VX8300.

The Included 1000mAh battery is rated by LG to provide 3Hr 27Min of Talk Time or 8 Days of Standby Time on a full charge. During out testing, we were able to achieve up to 3Hr 30Min of Talk Time, yet were only able to get up to 5 Days of Standby Time. Despite this discrepancy, the amount of Talk and Standby Time provided by the battery is sufficient, considering that fact that most phones are now coming with smaller capacity batteries.

Conclusion:

It is unfortunate when a new phone does not live up to the previous model that came before it, but this is the case with the VX8350, where the physical design changes are outweighed by negative aspects of the device. There are several key areas that concern us about the VX8350. The first being the poorly designed hinge that flexes whenever the smallest amount of force is placed upon it. This makes us feel that the hinge will not hold up over time with everyday use. The second area of concern is the Reception and Call Quality. We are usually impressed by how well LG phones can hold reception and by how good the earpiece quality is. It is too bad that this is not the case with the VX8350. We experienced several drop calls in areas where the VX8300, VX8550 Chocolate, and enV were able to maintain a signal, and the Call Quality through the earpiece was also not as good, with noticeable static and interference. Verizon is currently selling the VX8350 for $80 after Rebate, which we feel is overpriced for this device. If you are looking for a good quality phone for Verizon, we would recommend going with the VX8550 Chocolate or enV. Both cost more, but will last longer and provide overall better quality.



Pros

  • Speakerphone Is Loud And Has Low Distortion
  • Updated Styling

Cons

  • Poorly Designed Hinge
  • Low Reception In Fringe Areas
  • Call Quality Not As Good As Other LG Phones
  • Camera Is Useless
PhoneArena rating:
5.1Average
User rating:
5.924 Reviews
Pages:

33 Comments
  • Options
    Close





Want to comment? Please login or register.

PhoneArena rating:
5.1Average
Display176 x 220 pixels TFT
Camera1.3 megapixels
Size3.73 x 1.97 x 0.87 inches
(95 x 50 x 22 mm)
3.30 oz  (93 g)
Battery1000 mAh, 3.45 hours talk time

Latest stories