LG Glimmer Review
The included 800mAh battery is rated to provide up to 3.5 hours of talk time or 7 days of standby time on a full charge. During our testing, we were able to achieve 4 hours of continuous talk time by fully charging the battery, dialing a landline, and keeping the Glimmer connected until the battery was depleted. Standby time was a lousy 3 days and was measured with the battery fully charged and the Glimmer turned on (yet unused) until the battery was depleted. For those individuals who require more talk and standby time between charges, we would recommend installing an extended battery.
Overall, we are pleased with our experience while using the LG Glimmer, as it offers numerous features in an attractive and upscale device. The large 2.8” touchscreen is accurate and easy to use while operating different menus and applications. The call quality and reception are both excellent, and the music player offers the ability of playing music in the background. We would have liked to of seen the implementation of an HTML browser and a higher quality camera, since other LG phones offer both. We recommend the LG Glimmer for anyone who is currently an Alltel customer and is looking to upgrade, but will not likely get people to change from their current service just to be able to purchase it, due to the competition of the Voyager from Verizon, Vu and iPhone from AT&T, and Sprint’s upcoming Instinct.
- Large 2.8” WQVGA touchscreen display
- Easy to operate user interface
- Excellent call quality and signal reception
- Good build quality and appearance
- WAP browser
- Speakerphone causes distortion at high volumes
- Does not include a microUSB data cable
- MicroSD cards limited to 4GB in size
posted on Jul 30, 2008, 10:23 AM 0
posted on Aug 05, 2008, 11:36 PM 0
posted on Aug 12, 2008, 11:47 AM 0
posted on Dec 02, 2008, 7:02 PM 0
posted on Aug 18, 2008, 1:24 PM 0
posted on Sep 15, 2008, 4:11 PM 0
posted on Aug 21, 2008, 5:35 PM 0
posted on Oct 07, 2010, 10:33 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):
- Display 2.8" 240 x 400 pixels
- Camera 2 MP
- Storage 0.128 GB
- Battery 800 mAh(3.50h talk time)