BLU Vivo 5 Review
It suffices enough for the occasion.
You’ll be pleased by its better-than-average performance.
phone achieves better-than-average battery life.
In its battery, the Vivo 5 holds enough charge to get us through an entire work day. Bettering its sibling, too, the Vivo 5 reaches an on-screen time of 8 hours and 3 minutes in our custom battery benchmark test – while the 107 minutes it requires to recharge fully is a speedy time as well.
Battery life (hours) Higher is better
BLU Vivo 5 8h 3 min (Excellent)
Honor 5X 6h 54 min (Average)
OnePlus X 5h 57 min (Average)
Motorola Moto G (2015) 8h 3 min (Excellent)
Charging time (minutes) Lower is better
BLU Vivo 5 107
Honor 5X 170
OnePlus X 121
Motorola Moto G (2015) 251
Slowly but surely, BLU has been gaining traction on the entry-level side of the US smartphone market, and the BLU Vivo 5, along with the Vivo XL, is a testament to how far the company's products have come. A year or so ago, BLU’s phones hardly drew much attention, but fast forward to the present, we have a premium designed phone in the BLU Vivo 5. Seriously, it is a bit hard to believe that a phone looking like this could cost just $200 outright.
To sum it all up, this unlocked dual-SIM GSM smartphone is sure to attract those who would appreciate a good-looking, beautifully designed smartphone, yet aren't willing to pay an exorbitant price for one. The large display, spacious internal storage, and decent battery life are also worth pointing out. Sure, it’s not a hit in all categories – the camera and gaming performance being two of the phone's weak spots – but with all taken into account, the Vivo 5 is worth a look.
- Attractive all-metal construction
- Sleek, mostly uniform construction
- Low outright cost of $200
- Above average battery life
- Choppy graphics processing performance
- Weaker screen luminance makes it unusable in direct sun
- Underpowered internal speaker
- Custom Android experience isn’t for everyone
Posts: 223; Member since: Feb 29, 2016
posted on Mar 01, 2016, 1:57 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):
- Display 5.5" 720 x 1280 pixels
- Camera 13 MP / 5 MP front
- Processor MediaTek, Octa-core, 1300 MHz
- Storage 32 GB
- Battery 3150 mAh(16h talk time)