x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Call quality9.1/10
Battery7.6/10
Display9.3/10

Jcthecoyote
posted on 10 Aug 2015, 22:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Aug 2015)

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (of neurosis)

Jcthecoyote has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Ok so I was a happy Motorola droid turbo user when T-Mobile offered me s6 edge and boy i have made a dumb decision when I went for it. Got my nerves f_ed up. This phone is a pure garbage and the price of this device must be no more than $300, and even that because of TV remote function and cool camera. In your face Samsung, just when you make 1k dollar phone let me see you tried to do something for that amount of money, phone went red hot all the time and its impossible to have 2 apps running simultaneously. It's that dumb I thought my year old droid was blazing fast. This is where I decided to never buy a phone from Samsung any more...
And yes, after a day using my droid back again its battery indicates 48% left. After a day of music, GPS and Facebook.

Pros

• Looks very nice
  • You can take a coolest pictures
  • Heartbeat sensor
  • Beautiful display

Cons

• Stupid processor
  • Stupidest battery
  • Stupid UI
  • All glass, Easy to brake
  • Did I mention stupid battery?
  • Very expensive

tomritucci
posted on 10 Aug 2015, 14:21 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 Aug 2015)

SERIOUS Downgrade From Note 4

tomritucci has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

4 of the 6 sides of this phone are glass. In the first week I owned this phone, it slid right out of my pocket while sitting down, fell about 18", landed on the screen and shattered. Not only is my screen shot, I now have major glare on my front facing camera to the point where it is almost useless in the sun. When Samsung announced major battery improvements for this flagship at their "Unpacked" event they could not have been further off. Compared to my Note 4, the battery on the S6 Edge is a complete joke. The only good thing about the battery is how fast it charges (similar in speed to the Note 4) except on the S6 Edge the battery gets EXTREMELY hot at times to the point where I have to restart the phone. Wireless charging is great but I would rather have the reliability of a removable battery all day. In addition to the accident prone screen and atrocious battery life, the phone has terrible Bluetooth connectivity. My Moto 360 looses connection to this device all the time and when I am connected to the Bluetooth in my car, phone calls constantly cut out switching back and forth between the handset and car audio. Perhaps the most frustrating thing about this phone is "Samsung Pay". I switched from my Note 4 to this device the day it came out anticipating the release of Samsung Pay in the near future. It has still not be released and the Note 5 is just around the corner. I can live without the removable SD card but the backup battery was one of my favorite things about Samsung....

Build quality 8/10 The amount of glass on this phone is a joke... with glass on 4 of the 6 sides you are 400% more likely to crack something. It is uncomfortable in the hand and has no grip compared to a phone with any other material back. I chose the Edge but it was a big mistake, and a big gimmick that has no practical use.
Reception 7/10 Bluetooth cuts in and out ALL the time.
Call quality 10/10 Great call quality, however this is pretty much the most basic function of a phone...
Internet 8/10 Not as fast as my Note 4
Multimedia 7/10 Lagy when changing volume on many occasions. My favorite features from the the Samsung alarm clock app on the Note 4 were removed on this phone and seriously "dumbed down"
Camera 10/10 Great camera.
UI speed 4/10 S...L...O...W........ VERY SLOW!
Everyday usage 6/10 It does everything I need it to do for the most part. However it does it at a very slow pace and lags a lot. If my Note 4 were a 10, this is a 6.
Text input 7/10 Extremely slow keyboard and voice input.
Display 8/10 GREAT AMOLED display. TERRIBLE Curve. The dual curve is the least practical thing I think I have ever seen on a phone. Too small of a curve to use, too big of a curve to protect your phone if you drop it.
Battery 4/10 RUNS HOT!!! Really hot! Does not last long at all and cannot be replaced with the non removable back. It could be the best phone in the world (which it is not) but without a good battery, or battery options it is NOTHING!

Pros

• Fingerprint Reader

• No Removable Battery
  • Bluetooth Cuts out
  • Runs REALLY hot
  • 4/6 Sides are Glass - Dont drop it!
  • Slow performance
  • Not waterproof

tomritucci alternatives:

eujadharma
posted on 07 Aug 2015, 02:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Jun 2015)

No Radio!

eujadharma has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

How can I listen to radio on my s6edge without internet?

Does it exist an app that can help me with this?

And if it isn't a problem explain me why none of the edge series has built-in radio?

am I being too demanding?

Pros

Cons

• No radio!

nosmas05
posted on 31 May 2015, 06:14 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)

Best made cell phone to date hands down

nosmas05 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The Edge does everything well. Who cares about the SD slot and removable battery. All the big deals about the phone are excellent; camera, build, display. The added little details to be user friendly are great, ex; popup text while using the phone, quick part for your favorite people hidden on the left side, if you do not have a clock on your night stand the edge displays the time and the alarm time, when your in contacts or message the little icon to make a phone call or compose a text is placed perfectly. They put a lot of thought into this new phone. My phone makes it through the whole day but people forget that the phone charges very quickly. What I like very much about Samsung is that they try very hard to make phones that are for the user. I have no complaints at all about this new S6.

Pros

• Everthing

primet21
posted on 29 May 2015, 14:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 May 2015)

Phone of the year

primet21 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Started out w/ iphones and made the switch to Android last year with the HTC M8. Really good phone. Switched carriers and had to get a new phone. After a lot of research I decided on the S6 Edge. Man am I glad did.

Great looking phone that can easily handle my moderate-to-heavy usage. Camera is amazing. Even though the curved edges don't offer a lot of functionality I still don't regret my decision to get the Edge version. The edges make the phone look sleek and offer some cool visual effects. The display is super sharp too.

Build quality 10/10 solid, great looking and durable
Reception 10/10 no problems
Call quality 10/10 no problems
Internet 10/10 no problems
Multimedia 9/10 still prefer front facing speakers
Camera 10/10 crazy good quality. I also love the double tap home button to quickly launch camera.
UI speed 10/10 smooth
Everyday usage 10/10 use my computer less since I can do more w/ this phone
Text input 10/10 good
Display 10/10 beautiful
Battery 10/10 better than my HTC m8. fast charging and wireless charging make battery issue a non issue for me.

Pros

• beautiful design. even the non-edge version looks nice.
  • best smartphone camera
  • display is sharp
  • responsive ui
  • fast charging, wireless charging
  • tap home button twice to launch camera

Cons

• no sd card

QasimDj
posted on 29 May 2015, 02:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 May 2015)

So So Samsung

QasimDj has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i am not satisfied with this phone ..heard a lot about it but seriously no charm i get in that i am regretting my decision . every thing is ver usual nothing new out of the box better someone buy Note edge

Pros

Cons

• if you have enough money then buy this stuff

samr63
posted on 27 May 2015, 09:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 May 2015)

I love it!!

samr63 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I have enjoyed this phone it runs smoo and fast. The camera is amazing. Multitasking is flawless I've noticed the phone can run hot occasionally and my battery is decent I can get through an average day no problem. Feels amazing in hand. Thin and the curve makes it look amazing. The features of the edge are nice but a bit gimmicky. I would recommend this phone to everyone. I love it!

Pros

Cons

• Runs hot
  • Decent battery

leepile73
posted on 13 May 2015, 12:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 May 2015)

Samsung galaxy s6 edge.

leepile73 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I had this phone for 4 days. Extremely dissapoimting and very underwhelming. Yes it looks the part, but there is so much that lets it down, No SD slot, no removable battery. And boy this phone gets hot. And that battery just doesn't cut it whatsoever. The drainage on that battery is no good for someone that goes to work for a 12 hour shift. You have to turn the brightness right down. I find the edge screen very gimmicky with little use apart from a clock on the edge. Which is pretty pointless in all honesty, I was so disappointed with it as I speak I've already boxed it ready for return within 14 days of owning. Don't believe all the hype over this handset.

UI speed 4/10 The ram gets clogged.
Battery 3/10 Need to charge twice a day. And that's just normal usage.

Pros

• Nice design
  • Good camera

Cons

• Poor battery life
  • Gets very hot.
  • Boring user interface
  • No SD slot
  • No removable battery
  • Actually very leggy

leepile73 alternatives:

ifisher4146
posted on 23 Apr 2015, 10:28 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)

I'm sorry Samsung.. but this one's going back to the store.

ifisher4146 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I really wanted to like this phone but it's a major disappointment.

UI is slow and choppy compared to my Nexus 5
Front camera distortion makes it barely usable
Bloatware hell out of the box
Speaker is mediocre at best (loud, but harsh and thin sound)
Call quality doesn't impress and I had weird issues with answered calls connecting the audio in delay
Device itself feels premium but very awkward to hold
and the list goes on..

Going back to the Nexus 5.. Guess I'll wait for something better.

Build quality 9/10 Feels like a premium phone. Solid metal and glass construction. However, it is awkward to hold and that protruding camera in the back is annoying.
Reception 9/10 Same signal levels of other phones.. nothing special
Call quality 8/10 Voice quality is reasonable.. I'd expect better. In addition, when I receive a call for some reason the other side doesn't hear my first "hello".. seems like it has a slight delay between answering the call and actually connecting the audio.
Internet 9/10 Speed is slight slower than my previous Nexus 5 but overall it works well.
Multimedia 7/10 The screen is super sharp and bright and great colors. However, the curved sides distort the picture and speaker sounds thin and overly bright.. although it's very loud. Definitely not for music lovers.
Camera 7/10 I keep reading about the main camera being amazing.. and it is.. but the front camera ??? what were they thinking? it has such a distorting fish-eye effect that it's only usable 2 feet away.. So the quality is amazing but it's unusable.
UI speed 6/10 I wish they just left Lollipop as is. Coming from a Nexus 5 with 5.1 it was a major step back. TouchWiz UI is cluttered, takes more steps for everything.Folder icons are ugly. I Switched to Google Now launcher and encountered a bug: if you swipe to the Google Now Widget the "home" and "back" buttons don't take you back home anymore so you can only swipe back to the home screen.. UI Speed and smoothness: comparing to the N5 the S6 Edge is sluggish and choppy. Besides TouchWiz I tried the Nov
Everyday usage 8/10 Considering this being nearly $1000 phone I'd expect a much better experience. Better front camera, much smoother UI, speaker that's pleasant to listen to and a device that invite you to hold it in your hands.
Text input 9/10 Samsung keyboard is actually quite nice but I tend to make more typo on in than on Google' native keyboard. Overall, pretty good for my needs.
Display 8/10 Screen is bright, sharp, great colors but curved edges distort the picture and touch is poor on the sides also privacy is somewhat reduced because of the curved sides.
Battery 9/10 Good battery life if you disable all the bloatware and gimmicky apps and features. I really liked how fast it charges.

arubamd
posted on 14 Apr 2015, 14:37 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Apr 2015)

The best smart phone available today.

arubamd has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It is blazing fast, the camera is by far the best one available on any smart phone, and one of the most important aspects of a smart phone, screen quality, is top notch, and without equal. The true color rendition is the best I've seen on any phone. The battery life is much better than expected, and actually better than the other best selling phone.

Build quality 10/10 The best build of any smart phone available at this time.
Reception 10/10 The reception is great on the Verizon.
Call quality 10/10 Verizon has an excellent call quality near my home town.
Internet 10/10 This is by far the fastest smart phone.
Display 10/10 Clear winner in terms of true color rendition, sharpness, and image quality.

Pros

• Super fast super smart phone.

Cons

• The edge model was more expensive.

Gnarled
posted on 14 Apr 2015, 00:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Apr 2015)

Meh.

Gnarled has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

A lot of manufacturing problems. A looooot of manufacturing problems. I've gone through 3 units and they've all had issues. Scratches on the screen, scratches under the screen, glass warping, etc. While I don't disagree with all the reviews about its performance and some of its hardware (camera/fingerprint sensor), there's just so many problems. T-Mobile variants having terrible battery life because of certain features like VoLTE and Wifi Calling. Back LED's are a weird colour (incandescent yellow). Some AMOLED displays are coming out the wrong colour. Non-sensitive digitizer (doesn't register a swipe as a swipe sometimes). Metal near the power button heats up uncomfortably. The edges actually distort the colour of the screen a bit, meaning rather the edges providing a pleasant and new viewing experience, often whatever you're viewing is a bit obscured/warped.

Build quality 8/10 Too many manufacturing flaws to give it a 9.
Reception 8/10 Doesn't seem to want to try to swap to faster network connections even if it's on something like 3G and there's LTE available.
Call quality 10/10 No gripes here. Clear and crispy.
Internet 8/10 Samsung browser isn't that good. It's not that bad, just not that good.
Multimedia 9/10 Multimedia is fine. Held back by the slight display issues.
Camera 10/10 Camera is amazing, no gripes here.
UI speed 8/10 TouchWiz has its ups and downs on this phone for sure. Snappy some places, laggy in others.
Everyday usage 8/10 Battery holds it back.
Text input 10/10 New keyboard is a large improvement. Wish they'd include stock Android keyboard as an option though.
Display 8/10 The display is crisp and good to look at, until you see another phone's display side by side. White's are yellow and dim.
Battery 5/10 Battery life is abysmal. I can get 5 SoT on a good day, but that's the max with many of the S6's main functionality disabled. If you have to do that to get decent battery life, you're doing something wrong.

Pros

• A sort of good display, if the colours will display correctly.
  • Best smart phone camera I've ever seen for sure.
  • The design is excellent.

Cons

• Too many manufacturing flaws to count.
  • Battery life is quite awful.