LG LX535 / MM-535 User Reviews

ErinnH posted on Oct 26, 2008, 3:25 PM

I love this phone.

I got this phone for my 16th birthday and it's suited me very well for these past 3 years :). I've used this phone to take hundreds of pictures and to have some pretty memorable conversations.The larger size and relative "clunkiness" sure does set it apart from the Razrs and iPhones of this generation, but my phone is a beast. It's been dropped, stepped on, sat on, thrown and forgotten in hot cars and it's held on for all this time.Sadly, cell phones these days aren't meant to last as long as you would like. Mine is starting to freeze and shut down randomly, and I will be sorry to let this phone go. I'm quite attached to it.

Pros

• This phone is very sturdy and reliable.

Cons

• The larger size can make purse/pocket storage a little awkward.

tony posted on Jun 26, 2006, 2:59 PM

2.8

Tony

This phone sucks major. i droped it once and it shattered. 0 out out of 5 for stars. dont buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navigatro posted on Apr 25, 2006, 10:07 PM

Excellent Phone

I cannot beleive some of the negative comments about this phone posted here. First of all, the MP3 player was said to only play one song at a time. No sir. If you put the player on non-repeat move, yes, it will play only one song. On repeat ALL, the player will play all the songs however many there are and repeat. The sound on this phone is amazing for such a tiny speaker. This phone is about the best there is out there. The design is unmatched. At least I have not seen another phone that looks so cool. I just purchased it's data cable so I can interconnect it with the computer. This phone rocks. If you are not impressed with this phone, I think you need to learn how to use it properly.

design by michael posted on Apr 21, 2006, 3:09 PM

phone is okay for all the features - media player BLOWS!

For the most part, the new LG LX535 is a pretty good phone with it's photo and video capability. But when it comes to being a portable mp3 player, the default application blows...sucks...bites...is LAME. It only plays one mp3 at a time...manually. To hear the next mp3 that you might have loaded onto your MiniSD card, you have to manually advance to the next file, hit ok and then it will play.

I do like how you can record audio files and use them as your ringer as opposed to the lame presets that most phones come with. But the sound quality isn't all that. What else can you expect from a speaker the size of your pinky's fingernail.

And 3D Sound??? Don't buy into the marketing hype. It still blows and isn't worth the hype.

I think they could have also made the "joystick" menu navigator a bit easier to navigate with. The up/down/left/right navigation isn't as easy as it could be.

All in all, it's a good phone, but not worth what they're asking for in my opinion.

Helicopterdan posted on Feb 25, 2006, 3:47 AM

WOW Nice

WOW nice. I love this phone I have had them all Blackberry, Samsung p 735, Nokia N-Gage you name it. This thing is great. Everything works like it should and is located in just the right places. 1.3 Meg Camera is great for fast pic of those time you need a camera. The MP3 Player Speachless. 10 out of 10 for me. Oh yeah I should tell you I work in a Cell PHone store..... Get this phone you will love the MINI-SD up to a GIG..... JUst WOW....

Jo Jo posted on Dec 23, 2005, 4:18 PM

Love the MM-535

This phone is so much better than the calm shell phones! I can even record the other persons voice for there ringers. Also you can update right from the phone! Watching TV is crisp and clear! Also works good with Jabra A-210 and almost any bluetooth headset!!

Toni posted on Dec 01, 2005, 4:06 PM

Pretty good

I really like this phone. It's a great buy. The only thing I recommend is getting some kind of protective case for it because it niks and scratches pretty easy.

msrubym posted on Nov 08, 2005, 8:07 AM

LG LX535

I liked that it was not a flip phone like all the others, and I like the video ringers...way cool. I would like to see a case that works with the "sliding" technique..other than that I have no problems with my phone.

JG posted on May 20, 2005, 8:03 PM

LG 535 Phone is Great

This phone is the second best that I have ever used. It has good RF, Good to Excellent Audio Quality, Loud Ringers, and has a rigid build to it. I recommend this phone to anyone on Sprint's Network.

Keener posted on Mar 12, 2005, 2:14 PM

4.4

Not Worth The Price

Really poor reception. Control Pad is way too small. Pushing the down button would cause the cursor to go L or R. Can't imagine how hard it will be once the buttons have been worn a bit. Slider mechanism fatigue will probably cause problems after phone has been used after a few months or if dirt and debris gets into sliding surface. Seems like they concentrated more on the slider concept and camera but neglected the phone aspect of this device.

Tonjia Abbott posted on Mar 10, 2005, 12:14 PM

employee

I really like the look of this phone but I just wish they would come out with it. We have been waiting forever to get this phone. I like that the buttons are under the slide instead of outside so they will be protected. I cant wait till comes out.

Broads posted on Jan 23, 2005, 12:59 PM

LG LX535

Amazin fone best features on a fone i've ever used, great camera and great video, but why does it have a stupid external ariel, it ruins the whole look of the fone and it makes the fone easier 2 damage, why cant LG follow samsung models like the e800 and d500 and hav an internal arial?