LG Dare User Reviews

6.5
7.5

Johnson's Johnson posted on Feb 03, 2009, 4:45 PM

Great

I really do like this phone.  It is easy to use, small, many features, and has a great camera.  The Internet wasn't as fast as an iPhone or Storm, but I didn't expect it to be.  But the Internet was easy to use and navigate.  The only problem I have  encountered in my two months of ownership is it occasionally turns off for no reason, it doesn't happen often, but does happen and can be annoying.  The screen seems to be fairly resistant to scratches but a screen protector would be a nice thing to buy.  Talking on this phone is great and better than most because it gets great service.  Speaker phone is not great, but much better than my last phone, LG vx8600.  I would recommend this phone, but warn the touch screen does take a while to get used to and I miss having hard keys from time to time.  Great battery life too!

Pros

• Touch Screen, camera, size, ease of use, price, battery life.

Cons

• Turns off for no reason, touch screen,

K posted on Feb 03, 2009, 1:49 PM

Love/Hate on a daily basis

I've had this phone for 3 months now. I absolutely loved it for the first 2 months. Now in the third month I've found the flaws. I think I was absolutely enamored with it. So I love how big the screen in and the camera is great. But when I'm talking to people no one can hear me, no matter what my volume level is. I hate repeating myself and I'm doing it constantly on this phone. I'm not quite sure whether I like the touch screen. It's hard to get used to. I would like to have a regular keypad just so I have the option of using it. The music player is wonderful, better than the chocolate (i've had all three). The internet was slower, and not all sites worked, even mobile ones. But for the most part the internet was extremely useful. I find it easier to use than the iphone, it's less complicated. It works on a nice platform, but I don't like how it turns itself off occasionally, looks like this might be something LG needs to work on, or verizon needs to change their software. I have had this problem with many LG phones. A problem with text messaging is on the qwerty pad it presses buttons you don't intend to be used and on t9 you have to look at it to make sure you got the word right. When scrolling up and down you have to be easy and trying to get through your contacts can be annoying. I like the themes this phone uses. The screen scratches easily and fingerprints constantly. Overall the phone is nice, but there are cons to it as well. For me it's a love/hate relationship.

Anonymous posted on Jan 31, 2009, 5:30 PM

Amazing phone!(Stop comparing it to i-phone)

I personally could NOT be happier with my LG Dare. The touch screen is phenomenal and I love editing pictures! However, i really wish that the jerks out there would stop comparing this phone to the i-phone! This phone was not created to contend with the i-phone, if anything, this phones design and concept have been hijacked by the makers of the samsung eternity.But this phone itself is one of the best multimedia phones on the market! If your looking for a great phone experience thats actually nearly con-free then look no further!

Pros

• Amazing touch screen
  • great,fun camera
  • sleek design, built for style and performance

Cons

• absolutely none

sdf posted on Jan 19, 2009, 2:15 PM

wow :)

i love this phone so muchhhhhhh
this phonr is the best verizon phone i love the drawing pad, picture edditor, touch screen, style, the favorites option.my biggest problem is texting. i wish this had a slide out keyboard. that wouldve been cool. my fingers are toooo small for the virtual keyboard. and t9 texting is easy for me but some times if im in a hurry i have trouble spelling the word i want, like tomorrow. vibration isnt strong either

Pros

• drawing pad, picture edditor, touch screen, style, the favorites option

Cons

• vibrate + texting

jbuddy posted on Jan 08, 2009, 7:36 PM

1 of the best touchscreen phones that isn't an iPhone

good small nice looking phone. touchscreen is amazing. speakers. multi-tasking. qwerty advance keyboard. the 3 buttons on the bottom is a great asset to the phone because it's mainly touching. camera. music. battery life, they are all great on the phone. LG DARE IS A VERY GOOD RATED PHONE.

Pros

• qwerty keyboard
  • the touch screen absolutely amazing
  • its a LG PHONE

Cons

• more display themes..
  • more display layouts
  • more icons...

Jilly posted on Jan 06, 2009, 5:34 PM

I love the Dare. (:

I'm in love with the LG Dare! I got this phone as an early Christmas gift. This is a phone you MUST buy a case for! Get the screen protector, the case... go all out! This is a phone you have to baby. The music player is very good if I want to play my favorite songs with my friends. Texting is easy, with one exception. I had to calibrate it to make it actually recongize what you type. It sometimes is a pain in the butt to text, but that's just me. The 3.2 megapixel camera is AWESOME! It takes amazing pictures. I upgraded from an LG VX8300 (it's really old), so this is a huge improvement. One thing I'd like to complain about is the Mobile IM. I was so excited for it, knowing I'd have a full keyboard to IM all my friends. Sometimes while I was getting a lot of texts while I was on Mobile IM, my phone would completely freeze up. Like, nothing worked. I would either have to take the battery out, restart the phone, or wait it out. That's only happened twice though.

Besides all that, this phone is absolutely amazing! It was worth waiting for. (:

Pros

• Texting
  • Phone in general
  • Music player
  • Everything, pretty much

Cons

• Texting can be a pain
  • Touch screen can sometimes not respond
  • Sometimes froze up when on mobile IM

ssp0929 posted on Jan 01, 2009, 6:56 PM

One of the greatest phones I have ever used...

This phone is great, cheap, and it does almost everything the iPhone can do! (Except the whole smartphone thing.)

Pros

• Cheap
  • Easy-to-use
  • Screen doesn't scratch
  • Tactile Response is cool
  • Touchscreen is easy to use
  • Looks nice
  • 3.2 MP Camera!!!!

Cons

• Not 3g speed.
  • Not a smartphone

John1299 posted on Dec 31, 2008, 11:32 PM

Lg Dare

I have had this Phone for a little over a month now and it is the best one ive ever used. Texting is easy and the web browser is amazing. The phone is lightning fast. The Camera and Video Recorder are amazing. The best ive ever seen on a phone especially the 640/480 video quality. I recomend this phone for anybody. The only thing that i like better on another phone is the pinch zoom on the iphone. But the Volume toggle zooming method works just fine. The phones Full Html browser is lightning fast. I use it for mainly myspace and facebook and everything loads perfectly.

• Web Browser
  • Camera/Video Recorder- AMAZING!
  • Customization options

Cons

• None so Far

babybBABY posted on Dec 28, 2008, 4:06 AM

JUST HAVE TO SAY!

lOOKS LIKE A GREAT PHONE BUT ARE SOME PEOPLE SERIOUS WHEN THEY ARE COMPLAINING THAT THEY CANT TEXT AND DRIVE  OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS HOW DID YOU GET A LICENSE. THERE IS NO EMERGANCY BIG ENOUGH TO WARRANT PUTTING OTHER PEOPLES SAFTEY AT RISK!
GREAT PHONE THOUGH DOES JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING!

Pros

• TOUCH SCREEN, FULL HTML LOTS OF THINGS

Cons

No Cons

Joossshhhh posted on Dec 23, 2008, 11:45 PM

i love it

this phone is prolly the best phone on the market for verizon wireless!
i love the drawing pad its very entertaining, you can set your drawings as your background or you can make a funny drawing or something and send it to your friend. one this i like is the camera also, its very clear. you can edit you photos, such as draw on it, crop it, rotate it zoom, ect... i wouldnt recomend using it as a digital camera for vaction photos because when it comes up on the computure it still kinda looks crappy. so keep you camera. on thing i use my phone for is my space pictures so its good enough for that deffinatly!!! and if you want to addit ti you dont have to uploaded it later and remember to eddit it too. just do it on the phone. coupe things i dont like are is that the touch screen smudges, no stylus, and you have to push a little harder than you think. i ended up using my old nintendo ds stylus for it. haha. and  the reason you have to push harder is because its pressure sensitive.... : / but its WAYYYYYYYYYY better than the glyde so im fine with it being pressure.
overall it sthe best phone ive ever had and i would recomend it for ANYONE
for old people its easy to use
young people its stylish and coool to show off
and buisness people usually have a smart phone and a regular phone so it doesnt matter.

: )

Pros

• stylish
  • easy to use
  • drawing pad

Cons

• no stylus
  • pressure senitive
  • screen smudges

Brent posted on Dec 16, 2008, 6:58 AM

LG Dare

First let me say that this is one of the better camera phones out there. It takes incredible outdoor shots. INdoor shops in dark enviroments like a nightclub are not as good. I tend not to use the flash as much, because your a greater risk of over exposure, unless your in a really dark enviroment try not using the flash. One of the best features of the phone is the easy access and transfer to your PC. few Phones are as easily connected and able to transfer files back and forth. Originally there were very few applications for the Dare. But now as of this week have ESPN MVP available for the Dare, so they  are cranking up the applications. This is a fun enjoyable phone. It also has saved me some money overtime. I use the ez-tip calculator, when going to resturants.
The debate you have with this phone is whether to get the Dare or the latest  Voyager. Voyager has keypad which is sometimes helpful in navigation, and for text messaging pros. Voyager's new interphase is almost identical to the Dare's. The Dare's Camera is much better than the Voyager, and is smaller in size. Its screen is larger than the voyager.
Currently there are more applications for the Voyager than there are for the Dare. However as perviously mentioned this is finally being address particularly with the addition of ESPN MVP.
The next version of the Dare should of have mobile tv. My nephews love my dare and want to play with it all the time. If an 8 year old can use it thats says something right there.

Pros

• Great camera phone with lots of features , easy transfer of pictures to the PC. Finally key applications are being added to this phone. Nice interface and design.

Cons

• Slight problem with over exposure when using the flash, in very dark settings. Doesn't have mobile tv.

John Smith posted on Dec 14, 2008, 7:28 PM

Perfect

I just got this phone a few weeks ago and I couldn't be happier.  It's sleak and has great performance.  I text and call people more on this than I ever did on my enV.

• Easy texting
  • Easy layout and shortcuts
  • Great Design
  • Looks nice

Anonymous posted on Dec 14, 2008, 8:09 AM

DARE to enjoy!

The key to the ease of this touchscreen is calibration!  The screen was easy to control at first use, but after calibration it became customized to my touch and even more fun to use.  I have NOT heard any clicking noises during or after phone connection, only comments on the great clarity!  If you have large fingers the keys may be harder for you to use, but other than that this phone is fun, smart, sexy and sleek. Texting is easy on either the full keyboard mode or word mode. The camera is excellent and there are more options in setting than you'll need to customize the phones appearance and set up for ease of use.  IF you use your phone for email a lot, that could be the biggest negative for you though.  As I don't use my cell for email I have no complaints and LOVE this phone!

Pros

• Clarity, touch ease, touch ease after calibration even better,camera, video, music, compatibility with your PC, options, style, text ease, comfort, design, performance, browser, it's fun to use and the best phone I've ever had.

Cons

• Email. Not the easiest to use for email. If you don't use this function on your cell phone then the regular browser is fine.

Anonymous posted on Dec 11, 2008, 8:44 PM

WOW

wow really sorry people but i have had sooo many problems with this phone in the texting region. It would always go out on me. I had to get 9 of these phones saying that it will be fixed  and i am really ready to get rid of the one i have now cause its doing the same thing again. I hate this phone. Sorry =(

Alecelmboy posted on Dec 06, 2008, 2:44 PM

Great Phone. Smart and Sexy, The Dare has charm.

Pros

• - Great Touch Screen
  • - Amazing Camera
  • - Virtual Keyboard
  • - Two Menus
  • - Smart Design
  • - Easy To Use

Cons

• - Handwriting App was Disapointing

Derkit posted on Dec 04, 2008, 12:15 PM

LG Dare

Had the phone for a few months now.  First and foremost, I would definitely purchase a case.  I actually got both the invisible shield from ZAGG and a silicone case off Ebay.  This is definitely a phone that you don't want to drop.  The phone fits comfortably in your hand, and feels sturdy.  You can't go wrong with LG phones.  The touch screen is much better than the Venus and Voyager, and provides for confident texting and navigating.  It has useful tools, and has custom options that can match your needs.  The camera is terrific, and comes with fun and useful editing tools.  Texting is easy on the device; I found it's easier to type using the "Word" option with one hand than using the qwerty keyboard, although it does come in handy for typing in websites and email addresses.  Browser is alright, not too practical, but fun every once in a while. As for the clicking noise that some have experienced while placing calls---I haven't heard anything, and I've tried listening for it at every volume.  Everyone says my voice sounds clear and crisp.  The silver casing around the phone doesn't come off, at least not from being in my pocket, as did the Venus and Voyager.
Overall, the best touch-screen phone on the Verizon Wireless lineup.  In my mind, better than the Blackberry Storm's 'click' style touch screen.  If you want a comparison to iPhone, it's closer than any other device.  But the iPhone is on a tier of...

Pros

• - Sensitive touch screen
  • - Useful tools
  • - Powerful camera

Cons

No Cons

rooney posted on Nov 30, 2008, 9:16 PM

seems like perfect phone to me...

i cant wait for this phone to hit asia and i would be very glad have it, when will it be, can somebody tell me???

Pros

• everything...

Cons

• none at all...

elyse posted on Nov 23, 2008, 8:57 AM

best phone ever

this is the best phone i've ever owned. i read a lot of reviews before buying it and was worried about the txting aspect. BUT i must say, i havent had any problems with the txting at all. it's VERY easy to txt on. as for the people saying that its too hard to txt on...try calibrating your screen with a stylus or just use the stylus if you have bigger fingers. for me though, my fingers work just fine :). this is definitely worth the money and i can't wait until my carrying case comes! the ONLY thing that is a little annoying is that there's no place to put a stylus, but whatever i'll live.

Pros

• -touch screen is awesome
  • -camera's amazing
  • -music player is great
  • -calendar, alarm clock, calculator, NAVIGATION, drawing pad, 3 different ways to txt.
  • -really nicely designed, very easy to use

Cons

• -doesn't come with a stylus, no place to put a stylus

Luna posted on Nov 22, 2008, 10:26 PM

YAY!

This is just an outstanding phone!!! I have found it extremely easy to get used to. I love this phone so much. It's very customizable, the camera is better than I thought it would be, and texting is easier than people say. Overall, it's a very compact, sleek phone, with a ton of features. The layout is perfect, you can tell Verizon and LG put effort into it. Best phone choice I have ever made. You won't regret it, I swear. GREAT PHONE!

Pros

• Touch
  • Texting
  • Speaker (Loud)
  • Programming
  • Edit Photos
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Cons

• NONE!

Anonymous posted on Nov 22, 2008, 3:59 PM

Love tha Phone

i jus got this phone today because i wuz gona get tha storm, but i heard there were alot of problems with it. But i love this phone tha txtin nd touchscreed is soo easy to use. Nd i love the fact that downloading music is soo easy
i would deff recommend this phone. Also the camera is great as well

Pros

• Textin
  • easy touchscreen

Cons

• Qwerty keyboard sumtimez respond to the first touch

tweety6704@aol.com posted on Nov 21, 2008, 10:35 AM

Dare is pretty good but watch out with text issues.

Well, I have had my Dare for 3 weeks and everything about has been good. The keyboard and scrolling does take some time to get use to. Also if you have nails I would use them. After playing with it for a day I got pretty use to it. Just know that when you use the option to text regular or with the keyboard. Just remember where the clear and the space buttons are. I also like that when you turn it and you get the full keyboard, you get more symbols. My other phone had nothing. Here you can do smiley faces, ( ), 's I mean it's really nice. The only thing you have to remember is to uppercase after a period. But I think that helps with writing skills anyway so it doesn't bother me. The only problem I am having right now is I charged it, then had to cut the charge short. And since then if I get a text it will sometimes have the notification above the unlock button so I can't get to it. I am going to go to verizon and figure out why this is happening. I would think that it would be pretty sad to have it freak out like that after that. I hope they can either fix it or give me a new one so I can just watch it. (and not remove from the charger) I paid good money for it, I don't want it F*ed up already.
But I say if you want a fun new phone, get it. Just remember to protect it and be gentle. It's not just a regular phone.
If anyone has any similar issues with texting let me know.

Pros

• Its a very fun phone, hip, sleek, etc.

Cons

• Watch out, it needs to be babied

Harland posted on Nov 19, 2008, 4:46 PM

I have had the phone for about two months now and it is the best phone I have had... of course the last new phone I had was 4 years ago and a motorola 815.  This phone has lots of features that are pretty cool, some I am sure I will never use.  the camera is very handy as I find myself looking for a camera at times and it is good that this 3.2MP camera is so accessable.  the only feature I was frustrated with at first was the scrolling feature as it was selecting the item I touched rather than scrolling.  My son discovered that if you leave you finger on it a little longer and then scroll it does not select the item.  That discovery made a big difference.  I would recommend this phone.  it is pretty fun.  I just wish all the ad ons from Verizon weren't so expensive $$.

Pros

• Excellent phone, easy to use

Cons

• pricey add on services from Verizion, can add an MP3 that you already own as a ringtone. at least not that I have figured out.

Frisco posted on Nov 18, 2008, 7:44 AM

Lovin' it

What an incredible phone. I love the virtual keyboard, never want for a real one again. I can use this to manage calender appointments so easy, contacts, music, pictures, etc. It is an amazing device. The only drawback I've found is that there is virtually no information on where to find or how to download and use the Rhapsody media player. I had the same problem with my Creative Zen mp3 player. WTF? Do these people think we old guys are pre-programmed to know how to use these things? I spent an hour on the phone with a Verizon rep to figure it out, but at least they have people to help you, unlike so many companies, such as Creative. And Verizon has always had good customer service every time I've called. Nevertheless, I give the phone itself a 10, if not the LG people who can't understand why instructions are needed for some people.

Pros

• Easy to figure out menus. Intuitive.

Cons

• Scrolling is just a tad problematic as it keeps selecting items while I'm trying to scroll. It's not as smooth as the iphone. Also, no instructions for using Rhapsody media player.

Anonymous posted on Nov 16, 2008, 8:31 PM

Alright, I'm in need of a new phone: LG Glimmer, LG Dare, Prada phone, or other?
Anyways, I'm reallly liking this Dare, but soooo many different people are coming up with soooo many different problems. And I'm not the one for trouble-shooting? I lovee everythingg about it! But, it lacks a physical keyboard? (Not a "QWERTY" keyboard, just the letters on the numbers...!) And I think I'll have a hard time adapting to a touch-keyboard or whatever. IDKK?

Pros

• EVERYTHINGG! but...

Cons

• no physical keyboard... :/

Anonymous posted on Nov 16, 2008, 4:22 PM

dare

i love my phone i researched it alot and definatly has been my best phone so far i love the touch screen and the batery life is ery long thos is defenitly a good phone to get there are cool things to do on it and has an easy touch screen unlike some phones it is thin and very easy to handl the only thing s i would not get it if you constanly keep it in your pocket becaouse its a littl to big to put in your pocket