Kyocera Strobe / Switch_Back User Reviews

Anonymous posted on Nov 18, 2008, 11:48 PM

DON'T BUY IT PLEASEEEEE!!! FOR YOUR OWN SANITY

OH my lord!
i hate this phone with a firey passion! this phone sucks so badly it's not even funny!
this phone is a peice of junk && you shouldn't even have an idea about buying it.
1. the phone likes to shut off by itself
2. the software is so flipping slow you'll want to pull your hair out
3. the chargers are complete crap! i have not only had one but the first kyocera broke so i had to buy another && i have only had it for not even a year had to buy 4 DIFFERENT CHARGERS!!
4. i had to buy another one because the screen on the inside && the outside broke!!! not like i dropped it opps the screen cracked but both the screens just turned blank white...no picture no nothing! i tried to take the battery out turn it off plug it in...nothing worked it was toastttt! for no reason...no water damage && i had never dropped it
5. the second phone that i had to get (the same model) is showing the same signs as the first one...it'll probably be broken here pretty soon && the 5th charger is acting up again! i'm going insane with this stupidddd phone

DON'T BUY IT PLEASEEEE IT TOTALLY TOTALLY SUCKKKKSSSSSS SOOOOOOO BADDDDDDD DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY

nat posted on Sep 13, 2008, 6:07 PM

HATE IT!

this phone is the biggest peice of crap i have ever owned!the keyborad is great for texting but otherwise this is a let down..the battery power lasts about an hour my charger keeps breaking and none of the keys on the front work....ive had this phone for almost 2 years and wish i never got it..this is a horrible phone i recomend no one to get....the only time it worked fine is for the first week and my insurance didnt cover anything wrong with kyocera is not the best brand out there and you can get better for your money...the camera isnt that great either and theres no video on it...if you want a phone for your money i wouldnt get this one!

Renee posted on Jul 03, 2008, 7:00 AM

beware!!!!!

First of all I want to thank U.S. Cellular Resolution Dept. for checking into my inquire.

My son purchased this phone and a few months after he had it, It was displaying the same issues that have been posted.Like it flashes off and on at night and so on.I got our bill last month and noticed he had made
5000 min overage on calls and 3000 on text. WOW!!!!! I knew something was wrong,Then his screens went blank, the teck rep gave him a new one
and I asked if it was possible for his phone to make calls on its own,the teck said it was.to shorten this, PLEASE watch your bill very close,if you see this happening get it in right away!!!!!!!!!! this phone was still under warranty.

Anonymous posted on Jun 03, 2008, 9:15 PM

shit. had it for a week and it broke. I'd switch to VZW for the enV2.

Johan posted on May 10, 2008, 10:24 PM

This phone STINKS.

Okay, I had this phone for about 7 months. I gotta tell you, in the long run it's not worth it. It'll act fine and be kind of cool for a few weeks maybe even months, but later on you'll realize what a true piece of poo it is. Almost everyone I know who's had this phone wil tell you, DO NOT get it. It always freezes up, the internet FAILS, the displays tend to go like blind after a while, and it will turn off whenever it feels like it. If you're looking to waste your money, go ahead and enjoy it while it lasts. You're gonna have to end up getting a new phone, or getting the same one over and over until they finally discontinue it.

Dee posted on Apr 12, 2008, 9:10 AM

I do not recommend this

The phone is fun and cool the 1st week you have it but once it starts freezing up, you begin to hate it. Also, the phone will often just cut off by itself when you receive a multimedia message and that can become extremely annoying. I've had this phone for a year now and I am anticipating the day that metro comes out with a phone that I am willing to buy.

heydi posted on Apr 05, 2008, 8:50 PM

6.6

dont recomend it

i had this phone until i couldn't take it anymore and had to throw it away i have to admit the dseign is cool and its small and it fits anywhere but the camara has bad quality and after a while the number keys in the front didn't work the keyboard keys are too small and i really don't recomend it the bluetooth is bad too it didn't load into my phone overall i hate it!

Michael posted on Jan 22, 2008, 5:56 PM

This phone is great. The camera could be better, at least 1.3 megapixels and the number keys could be placed better, but other than that it's a really good phone. especially for the text crazed teen.

Amber posted on Jan 10, 2008, 11:51 AM

Border Lined

This phone is great and all at first, but after a few weeks it tends to start freezing up. I'll go to my contacts, and it will take awhile to load. Also with texting, sometimes you'll be texting faster than it will show up. Not the greatest phone, I've had it for about 6 months and I'm ready for a new one. It sometimes has it's moments and flashes it's light at random times. I've only dropped it a few times, but not very bad. Not the greatest phone. The camera is amazing. Although I want a cooler phone, if you're really interested in texting this phone's for you.

amandas posted on Oct 18, 2007, 1:16 PM

strobe = awesome!

i love this phone. i would die without it

kevinj posted on Aug 02, 2007, 3:55 PM

neato

although many people may think they know what a good phone is with the sidekick 3 ............THEY DONT. this phone rocks my socks off o my lord its great

Glynae posted on Jun 10, 2007, 12:57 AM

Cool

this phone is cool. it needs to have an mp3 in it, and it should be at a cheaper price. other than that i love it! if the could get the quality of the camera up, and thickness of the phone down it would be even better

ImaG posted on May 17, 2007, 8:17 AM

switch_back

yoo this phone looks pretty hott exceptt wit sumthin sso hot they need to make a music player forr itt... but wit out that still the phone is maddd hott.. im gettin it next week

ightt peace..

Ben posted on Apr 30, 2007, 5:46 PM

3.2

wow, no thanks

Ive had horrible experience with kyocera in general, and this no exception. Ok the keyboard is kinda cool and the camera isnt that great, But this phone is verrrry cheap, and you will be lucky if it lasts for more than 5 months...

*STUNNA* posted on Apr 30, 2007, 12:53 AM

I LOVE IT

Man, i am serious, this phone is DELICOUS!!! Yea, people are right, its way better than the sidekick 3. i like its compact size. it fits almost anywhere!!! its amazing!!! lol, well, for me, but i highly recommend this phone, yea, so if you got a sidekick 3, man, you should switch and hit this up. be cuz i know you wont like carryin that HUGE sidekick of yourz. if you got a sidekick, you might as well carry around a big laptop!!! lol.

someone posted on Dec 28, 2006, 11:32 AM

cool phone

i luv it, i like the design and the quik txting capabilities, i think im gettin for my birthday. WOOT! other than that it has a camera wich i luv, and the embedded AIM service is great because i use it alot

Leon posted on Dec 24, 2006, 8:03 PM

6.4

Kyocera Switch_Back / KX21 Strobe / K612 / K612B

Internet Browser is poor. Cannot use msn or Yahoo messenger. When sending pictures to external email addresses, attachment sometimes does not deliver. Can only get ringtones from provider, no support for uploads. Browser does not accept most web pages. No support for software or firmware upgrades. Passes itself off as a smartphone, but does not nearly compare.

Yellow_Barbie posted on Nov 01, 2006, 8:47 PM

Yellow_Barbie

I Am Thrilled At What This Phone Can Do.. Ive Had It For About 7months Now.. I Pretty Much Use This Phone As A Game Boy, A Text & AIM Mess. Tool.. I Use My Blackberry 8700 For Phone Email, & Bluetooth.. I Have The Switch_Back With Virgin Mobile I Think This Phone Is Great For Games AOL Mess. It Has A Great Qwerty Keyboard That All My Friends Love But If Your Looking For A Business Phone Stick With The Usual Blackberry. This Phone Will Do Alot For Teens But As Far As Business It Wont Get The Job Done... I Must Say It Indeed Is Better Than The Sidekick 3 Though.. In My Opinion I Love This Phone It Has A Cool Look And Great To Play On When Your Out And About The Qwerty Gives It A Professional Look While Its Ability To Surf The Net Makes It Fun.. EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ONE THEY ARE GREAT TO SHOW OFF & GREAT FOR EASY TXT & FUN

Emily Smith posted on Sep 10, 2006, 9:23 AM

Switch_back is great

The switch back phone was the best cell phone purchase I have ever made. It is sheek and new. It's keyboard was the envy of all my friends. My opinion is that everyone sould get the Virgin Wireless switch_back.

JiLLiAN BiCE posted on Jul 28, 2006, 9:38 AM

UNFAiR

rawr. omggggg this fones so cooooolllll but its only available to alltel and virgin mobile itss lyke tha sidekik wich i