Treo 650 to get Blackberry Connect
Palm and Research in Motion (RIM) today announced that they are working together to bring Blackberry Connect to the Palm 650 smartphone. The Blackberry Connect platform for push email will enabled:
- push-based email using BlackBerry Connect with Palm's VersaMail(R) email client;
- support for Microsoft(R) Exchange and IBM Lotus(R) Domino(TM);
- wireless calendar synchronization;
- remote address lookup of corporate email directory;
- email-attachment viewing;
- Triple DES encryption; and
- IT policy enforcement and commands (such as remotely disabling or wiping email and PIM data from a device in the event it is lost or stolen).
BlackBerry Connect will be available for new and existing Treo 650 users through select carriers starting in early calendar 2006.