The truth about that Samsung Galaxy S III that exploded

Last month, we told you about a poor sap whose Samsung Galaxy S III exploded in his car and while Carphone Warehouse would not give him a replacement, he eventually got one; it turns out that the hone had suffered water damage and then was put in a microwave oven...
This is a discussion for a news article. To read the whole news, click here

62 Comments

61. fervid

Posts: 183; Member since: Nov 22, 2011

Are we sure this guy's name wasn't really Buck Russell? Hopefully the battery wasn't still in it when they "dried" it...that could have been messy.

63. Raymond_htc

Posts: 430; Member since: Apr 06, 2012

That guy who puts the sammy to water and dried it with microwave must have stopped education at elementary school. WHAT AN IMBECILE!
This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers at https://www.parsintl.com/phonearena or use the Reprints & Permissions tool that appears at the bottom of each web page. Visit https://www.parsintl.com/ for samples and additional information.