Qualcomm and Alltel sign agreement for customizable UIs
Qualcomm announced Alltel will license uiOne a suite of products and services for changing the look of the device's user interface. Custom UIs allow mobile subscribers to personalize their mobile phones beyond ringtones and traditional applications, enabling them to select from a variety of styles, themes and graphics.
The uiOne offering is comprised of a suite of products and services, including:
- uiOne Toolkit - enables rapid development of rich and dynamic UIs.
- uiOne SDK (software development kit) - includes a focused PC-based set of UI authoring tools to create a customized UI.
- uiOne Applications, Resources and Templates (ART) - provides a library of UI application resources and design templates for use by device manufacturers and operators.
- uiOne Delivery System - allows wireless users to purchase and download custom UIs.
- Professional Services - to assist operators in getting to market.