Motorola Improves Predictive Text Entry
Motorola announced today enhancements to its iTAP input technology, making it faster and easier for people to compose and send text messages.
Enhancements to iTAP 5.4 include:
- Predictive text input solution in eight new languages: Arabic, Hebrew, Bulgarian, Greek, Indonesian, Malay, Tagalog and Turkish.
- user dictionary that provides the user the ability to create and store personalized words and re-sorts alternates based on the usage
- Easy mode switching, from predictive to multi-tap to numeric to symbols modes
- Word completion, which means the user need not enter all key presses required to compose words and;
- Smart punctuation, which offers intelligent spacing for symbols and punctuation marks as well as recognition of contractions for subjects (i.e. I'll, I'd, It's, etc.).