How to jailbreak iOS 9 on your iPhone or iPad with the untethered Pangu release
The sad story of the impossible to jailbreak iOS 9? Well, that sob narrative has been put to rest by Team Pangu, which has released one untethered jailbreaking tool for everyone who is not satisfied with the restrictions Apple puts on its iPhones, and wants to break it free for some Cydia shenanigans. Here's what you need to do to install the jailbreak on your iPhone 4s-6s, your iPad, iPad mini, or iPod touch:
Download the Pangu Jailbreak for iOS 9.0 - 9.0.2 (73 MB);1.
2. Backup your device with the help of iCloud and iTunes;
3. Disable the Find my iPhone feature and passcode options from the Settings app (iCloud > Find My iPhone and Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Turn Passcode Off);
4. Put your phone in airplane mode;
5. On your computer, run Pangu's jailbreak file that you downloaded in step 1;
6. Connect your device to your computer, and wait for the Pangu tool to detect it, then press the "Start" button and click the "Already Backup" one to begin the process;
7. About halfway through, the jailbreak tool will restart your phone or tablet, and you have to unlock it and put again in airplane mode;
8. When the update hits 75%, it will prompt you to unlock the phone and run the Pangu app that's installed on it - open the Photos application first, and then run Pangu (search for it with Spotlight if you have to);
9. When Pangu runs for the first time, it will put up a permission prompt upon clicking "Accept". Allow for your photos to be accessed by the app, and simply wait for the jailbreak tool to finish everything up;
10. When you jailbreak is done, go to the last installed apps homescreen, and Cydia should be there. Run it, and enjoy the newfound abilities of your jailbroken iPhone or iPad!