Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Cingular to adopt AT&T brand

0

SBC CEO Ed Whitacre announced that they plan to change Cingular Wireless brand name to AT&T. The decision came after the completion of the merger with AT&T on Friday, 18th November. SBC, which owns 60% of Cingular, has recently stated that it would adopt AT&T's name. To the question if Cingular would adopt AT&T' name as well, Whitacre answered, yes. BellSouth, the owner of the other 40% of Cingular doesn't oppose the re-brand as long as it has a positive influence on the profits. According to Whitacre AT&T might still use the Cingular name in some markets, but the overall plan is to use the AT&T name to market all the company's products. It seems that Cingular will have to reverse its efforts after a year of trying to promote Cingular as a national brand.

 

 

 

Source: USA Today

New reasons to get excited every week

Get the most important news, reviews and deals in mobile tech delivered straight to your inbox

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless