x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA
  • Options

8 year old's Apple iPad charger shocks Dad, sends him flying across the room

0. phoneArena posted on 28 Aug 2013, 09:43

A story out of the U.K. this morning could have been more tragic, and as it turned out, the events still left a father's fingers burned; eight-year old Chloe Gillooley owns an Apple iPad. Nothing unusual about that. After all, many children these days own a tablet and a smartphone. Last Saturday, Chloe was at her grandmother's home in Widnes, Cheshire along with her 34 year old dad, Tim...

This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here

posted on 28 Aug 2013, 20:09

57. guzza (Posts: 15; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)

I wonder why these type of news come out just before new phones are about to come out and not earlier when the market is quiet?

posted on 28 Aug 2013, 21:50

60. bkb01 (Posts: 43; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)

Its not called "LIGHTNING ADAPTER " for nothing.:)

posted on 28 Aug 2013, 22:02

61. 9thWonderful (Posts: 232; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)

yea right...sounds about as exaggerated as those who claim their phones overheat to the point they can't hold it b/c its too hot. stop bending the truth for publicity.

posted on 28 Aug 2013, 23:05

62. Tcool (unregistered)

This is not the first time. There are lots of news about iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 chargers electrocuted the user if not gave electric shock to the user. The worst is the death of the flight attendant as she was electrocuted by her iPhone 5 genuine charger. Apple users take care.

posted on 28 Aug 2013, 23:33 1

63. Tcool (unregistered)

Apple is a ticking bomb, watch out...

posted on 29 Aug 2013, 02:31

66. wky1998 (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)

Thats looks like Iphone charger, my Ipad charger is way bigger than that.

posted on 29 Aug 2013, 05:56

67. Finest (Posts: 90; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)

thats a hell of a shock to set that man flying across the room :D

posted on 29 Aug 2013, 06:13

68. Ronny666 (Posts: 126; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)

Just another irresponsible parent buying gadgets like these for kids. If you argue with these kinda parents they will tell you that it is because they love their kids. They don't realise that they are just spoiling their kids.

posted on 29 Aug 2013, 13:44

69. glentomas123 (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)

I can understand this if responded to the shock by flinging his arm and entire body backwards across the room. Definitely not thrown across by the shock. Just a bit exaggerated.

posted on 14 May 2014, 12:00

70. blueshapti (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 May 2014)

Is it even an apple charger? So many try saving a few dollars by buying aftermarket and even counterfit chargers. Testing shows them to be quite dangerous.

posted on 18 May 2014, 22:16

71. guzza (Posts: 15; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)

I heard somewhere that morons swap the original adapters with counterfeits before selling the phone out so that they can sell the original adapters to make more money. Gotta watch out and check your equipment on the spot when you buy your phones. Make sure you spend some time to find out how the original looks and how the fake stuff differ before going to the shops!

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories