T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide Review
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Jul 2011, 09:36
Rejoice! The T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide is upon us! Well, we can rejoice in possibly seeing an HTC branded Android smartphone excelling in the photo-taking department, where other high-caliber HTC devices have failed in the past...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. box (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 10:45 2 0
Thank you for comparing it to the Sensation 4G, easily the most difficult choice to make in T-Mobile's current lineup!
2. jackasa (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 11:25 0 1
hmmm, mytouch 4g slide or the blackberry 9900?
7. kadar (unregistered) posted on 19 Jul 2011, 00:54 3 0
BB will announce dual core in 2019
3. annoyed (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 12:45 0 4
GODDAMN STOP SAYING 'just because'!
IT GETS SO EFFING ANNOYING!
9. koutrelakos posted on 21 Jul 2011, 12:25 3 0
the entire article is without the phrase "just because" so calm down
10. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 24 Jul 2011, 01:30 3 0
Way too many phonearena users have serious anger issues.
4. lyfe (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 13:25 0 0
In another video there was a tv out option under the display settings. Is that mhl or what?
5. luis_lopez_351 posted on 18 Jul 2011, 14:05 0 0
they forgot to mention terrible audio recording (mostly when using camcorder) in CONS
14. ladyhaly posted on 01 Aug 2011, 20:39 0 0
"Equally, the handset manages to handle shooting 1080p videos quite well – though, there are some things that dirty its overall quality. Needless to say, we adore its consistent and smooth 30 frames per second capture, but it can drop to as low as 23 fps in lower lighting conditions. Looking at the results, it produces an average amount of detail, but generally has an over-exposed appearance that tends to make colors look washed out – plus, there is an occasional hint of artifacting going on as well. However, its biggest distractor is its shrill sounding audio recording. Despite those shortcomings, we’re still more than content with its overall good looking quality."
See that bit about audio recording? Yeah? You missed it.
6. nerdlust (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 22:12 0 0
Finally a highend phone with a keyboard on tomobile.
8. falter (unregistered) posted on 19 Jul 2011, 04:26 0 0
Can't wait till this phone comes out in the UK! I'm hoping to replace my N900 - but it looks like I'll have to buy a bigger memory card to keep up with an older phone which is a shame.
11. blondieazn posted on 29 Jul 2011, 22:15 0 1
can the mytouch 4g download apps and games like iphone?
15. ladyhaly posted on 01 Aug 2011, 20:41 2 0
Yes, it can. But seeing the kind of question you posed which undoubtedly will raise eyebrows everywhere there are people competently equipped with modern smartphone knowledge, I do believe it's best if you just go buy an iPhone.
16. ladyhaly posted on 01 Aug 2011, 20:47 0 0
I'm hoping HTC releases a candybar 4.3 inch touchscreen phone like the HTC Sensation but with 1 or more GB of RAM and with superior camera like the myTouch 4G Slide. All minus the weaknesses in camcording, of course. While I do love HTC Android phones, what keeps me from buying the Sensation and replacing my Desire HD is the camera... Not that it's not good enough but knowing there is a model handset with a superior camera irks me. I love taking pictures of just about anything and if I'm going to be replacing my beloved DHD, it better be the best there is to suit my needs out there.
18. Daniel Brock (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2011, 03:10 0 1
This phone is a complete piece of crap. The HTC software crashes on a regular basis, the wifi network settings work sporadically and it cannot sync with outlook as was advertised on T-Mobile's site. That's just a few of the problems with it. This phone is a complete piece of garbage. Don't waste your money on it.
19. forzanetti (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2011, 21:34 0 0
"3G and 4G data speeds can only be experience domestically through T-Mobile’s AWS band"
is this true? I thought this device also supports UMTS 2100 band? so theoretically, as long as I bring this device to a country that supports UMTS 2100, I can use 3G?
can phonearena confirm this? thanks
29. blaze456 posted on 21 Jan 2012, 13:40 0 0
this phone is on ebay right now unlocked for $300..buy it and pop in a t mobile prepaid sim get the $30 5gb data unlimted text 100 mins and u good to go!
30. Android posted on 11 Feb 2012, 04:03 0 0
This phone is great, but the keyboard is not. I can't believe HTC put a poor quality keyboard on this phone. Physical keyboard buttons feel stiff and Touch screen keyboard is actually better for typing. This should have been HTC's main focus. I mean, it is suppose to text phone.