Sony Xperia ion vs LG Nitro HD
0. phoneArena 06 Jul 2012, 06:55 posted on
Being the new kid on the block that’s attached with a killer price point out of the gate, the Sony Xperia ion is surely going to be attracting quite a few heads in AT&T stores all around. However, the LG Nitro HD has being making the rounds for quite some time now, and as we look online, it’s now affordably priced at $49.99 with a 2-year contract. Knowing that these two share some commonalities, it’s going to be a mad dash to the finish line to find out exactly which smartphone will end up taking your hard-earned cash at the end of the day...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 991; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
The LG Nitro's screen is definitely the sharper screen, you can see details that you can't see on the ION.
6. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
You are kidding right? I dont think those extra 3 pixels per inch are gonna make you see anything more clearer actually thats like what? an extra 12-13 pixels it has over the ion? thats ridiculous.
9. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 991; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Look at the pictures.. Only a blind guy would say that the ion has the sharper screen..
13. rajeannie (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
actually u need some glasses on u r eyes.. u getting older..
14. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 991; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Actually you need to learn proper grammar.. (On u r eyes? On you are eyes? Sony fanboys are getting worst by the day..)
2. ryq24 (Posts: 568; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
two losers battling it out. after the dust is settled, S3 still come out the winner. :-)
4. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
but these phones don't belong in the same catagory
the gs3 is a 2012 phone
while the nitro and the xperia they are all late 2011 phones
its like saying the wildfire and the g1 are fighting, but the s3 will come out the winner CAPTAIN OBVIOUS STRIKES AGAIN
5. BLikens1619 (Posts: 55; Member since: 12 Apr 2008)
The Ion was announced in January 2012 at CES you idiot!
7. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Yeah, and developed by Sony Ericsson in 2011 on 2011 market standards, Sony probably only released it because they had it
10. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
They BOTH need to be upgraded to ICS before being compared to the monster that is the S3.
LG's new ICS skin looks much better and appears much more smooth and fluid than this cartoony crap of a android skin. Samsung made huge improvements over touchwiz a year ago and LG is just really late to the game. Let's just hope they don't forget about the Nitro because it has potiental, it's just held back by a poor UI skin.
8. randomguest (Posts: 20; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
You can get the Xperia Ion for $49 in Best Buy or Sony's online store.
15. X55526622233 (Posts: 17; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
why would you compare a LG phone to a xperia phone? that would be an insult.