Sony Xperia acro S Review
0. phoneArena 31 Aug 2012, 08:51 posted on
The Android-powered Sony Xperia acro S is the kind of phone you actually won't hesitate bringing to the beach or putting on the edge of a swimming pool. That's because it is IP-57 certified, meaning that it can withstand a 30 minute dunk underwater at up to 1 meter. But the scuba-diving skills are not all that makes the Xperia acro S stand out as the hardware inside it is also pretty decent: 1.5-GHz dual-core processor, 12-megapixel camera, and a 4.3-inch LCD screen with more pixels per inch than you would find on an iPhone's Retina Display...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
32. hkxm8 (Posts: 64; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
You both must have eye problem, Xperia Ray is more like Nokia X6 but nothing happen. I very sure that Nokia will not waste they time to compare "this and that" like someone else (Sorry about my english).
2. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
good review. Next Sony phone will be out anyway.
since the first comments usually get the most attention, I would like to ask for the community's opinion on Sony's UI, since I'm not particularly a fan of it. Feels like Eclair.
18. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Well, i myself is an owner of a XPERIA Arc and love the UI, i think sony's ui is the best android skin out there. Every time i see someone with a not sony android phone, i think to myself how the hell is he satisfied with that ugly looking ui...
My mother has the XPERIA S and also, loving the UI.
23. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
I love Sony's UI, it looks modern and stylish with all of the functionality of ICS and other UI skins, looks much better than TouchWiz which in my mind looks very tacky - especially older versions. Like-wise I prefer the 2012 version of Sony's UI on the Xperia S and co. and personally I think the WALKMAN app is the best music player app out there on android. It's the same as Sony's phones, minimalistic, but gorgeous.
30. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
It's a very simple UI, non-obtrussive, it can even be described as some what bland if compared to Samsung's UI, LG's UI, ang HTC's UI. But if you prefer fancy UI then Sony's UI will be hard to like for you.
33. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I realy dig Sony's UI.... The icons are gr8
I just am not a fan of the new NXT design. Th Ericsson days were much better.
But i guess they have made amends with the Experia T, V & J
4. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
9! PLEASE! 9! tough body + high end specs.
49. buccob (Posts: 2571; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
At the end of the day, PhoneArena's rating is not what matter the most... its User's rating what matters...
5. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
This is the best phone :) pefromance , screen and durability! other oem's wont make a phone like this!!
13. Nick_T (Posts: 170; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Apologies. We post the average score out of 3 runs. Forgot to divide the sum by three. The rest of the figures are correct.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3866; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
So, Sony doesn't want to be left behind when every other manufacturer is bringing ultimacy to their phones, eh?
Nice move Sony, like the phone...except for the bulk you created when this world is getting closer to the slim truth of phone making.
And i wish you'd price this mid-ranged.
9. mrbtree (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i don't think points need to be taken off because its a little chubby at 12 mm. or the weight as well because the ip57 rating you'd expect them to add something to keep the water out, like when top gear uk do their amphibious boat challenges.
10. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
I don't know what's wrong but Sony's screen display looks washed out even with the 342 ppi density & Sony bravia engine..
11. mrbtree (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
it's the lcd screen they use, it's just normal lcd, not like lg's ips hd or super lcd 2. but imagine a super lcd 2 plus the bravia engine = win win
12. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 590; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
i guess in photos but the Reality Display looks nice in personal
34. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
well youve only seen this froma video camera or screenshots. maybe its your computer screen :P
17. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Why has phone arena yet to put up the article with the benchmarks of the Xperia T, TX, and V??
19. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yup, I saw on some other coverage that those three are now the top three (in terms of benchmarks).
21. ryq24 (Posts: 731; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
sony always get average reviews even from other phone reviewers. i wonder if their engineers and designers read these reviews and learn anything from it?
22. fervid (Posts: 183; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Photos look hazy like there were finger prints on the camera lens. Gotta clean that thing before testing photo quality.