Sony Xperia Z2 vs Sony Xperia Z1
0. phoneArena 14 May 2014, 09:58 posted on
Is the performance level between Z1 and Z2 all that different? Let's dive in for the nitty-gritty details in the fight between the six-months old Z1, and its overhauled successor the Z2...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
1. Birds (Posts: 1150; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
The five month separation period between the devices really bothers me. LMAO.
4. ihavenoname (Posts: 1679; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Z2 is the thing what Z1 should have been at first place.
10. sgodsell (Posts: 2795; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I might still get the Z2. It looks very Good. I should have waited on the S5, although I got a Gear Neo with it for only $49 extra. Its easy to change lauchers on Android. I am getting tired of Samsung's S apps. I think I need a change. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with my S5, and it runs smooth. I just need a change and I think Sony has my next number.
13. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I wonder what we're they thinking using outdated specs
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
COME ON now who needs this comparison PA, compare it to current flagships.
3. pwnarena (Posts: 1128; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
is there a need for this comparison? please proceed to the s5, m8, p7, oppo find 7, ip5s, and one plus one.
6. GreekGeek (Posts: 1224; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
I'm so glad they finally listened! I hope SONY buries their home-brewed Triluminous / TFT for good. And NO!, even on mid-low end devices. Please, do yourselves a favor Sony........... An old screen tech just don't have a place on modern day smartphones
Maybe it would be great if they start releasing phones with Amoled or even Super LCD 3 displays as well. It doesn't really hurt to experiment sometimes,
8. jb4674 (Posts: 145; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Sony can KMA. After waiting and waiting for this stupid phone (the Z2) to be released in the US, I gave up and bought an iPhone 5s because my phone died.
Sony's marketing strategy for the US needs to be examined and their priorities need to be changed.
You cannot compete with Apple and Samsung without launching your products in the US first.
9. amasog (Posts: 323; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
BEZEL....BEZEL...OF THE PHONE!!
WHY YOU'RE SO HUGE AND SO WIDE!! lol!
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10309; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Slight tweaks to the software make the Z2 slightly better. So many people actually think the Z2 camera is miles ahead of the Z1 which is not true at all. They're almost identical lol
14. buccob (Posts: 2452; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
And both Z2 and Z1 cameras are on par with Galaxy S5 camera... so I do not know what your "lol" is about...
Also Battery life was greatly improved... check GSMArena scores against others...http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_x
15. pr890123 (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Jul 2014)
Guys don't purchase any sony phone, quality standards are very low and sony service center facility is worst in comparison to all other mobile vendors.