Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet vs Apple iPad Air
0. phoneArena 03 Apr 2014, 07:23 posted on
The Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet is undoubtedly a great slate to spend your money on. However, it is far from the only option for those looking for a high-end tablet, and Apple's highly-acclaimed iPad Air is among its toughest competitors. Now it is time to find out which of these two slates is better. Both the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet and the iPad Air have a lot of bang to offer for their money, so the fight is surely going to be an exciting one. Let's dive into it!...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
2. networkdood (Posts: 6310; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Nexus 7 2013 is still the best tablet - dollar for dollar...
5. theizzz (Posts: 12; Member since: 01 Oct 2013)
can't wait to see how the N8 will stand up to the N7 2013
15. networkdood (Posts: 6310; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I am sure it will be great - I would pay 299 for an N8 if it has better sound than prev N7s....
6. Zomer (Posts: 73; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Comparing a Nexus 7 with a iPad Air, yeah that makes sense.
4. ihavenoname (Posts: 1506; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I prefer iPad Air. But both really good.
7. romeo1 (Posts: 274; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
if the displays are almost equally good then the z2 should win in the multimedia part as sound is also an important item when you're watching movies.
my money is on the z2 but have to wait and see how it feels in the hand
10. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3211; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
"Almost unbeatable responsiveness".....? Yeah laggy as he**. If not laggy, at least unresponsive. There is no time with iPad air when it looks completely smooth #personalreallifeexperience
13. ihavenoname (Posts: 1506; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
iPad Air ain't laggy, at least it's smoother than my Nexus 7 (2013) which is already buttery smooth
11. datphoneguy (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
They're both very nice, high end devices. However - IMO - the iPad has better proportions than the Sony tablet (too long)
12. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
I sold my ipad air for the Sony Xperia z2 tablet and can honestly say I dont regret it, both seem to have been just as smooth and i much prefer the ability to have a memory card in the Z2, its screen may not be as sharp but watching movies on the z2 is a better experience due to the front stereo speakers (as opposed to those on the bottom of the ipad) -particularly in landscape, and although only marginally lighter i prefer the z2 for reading on too as holding it in one hand is easier (thicker bezel actually helps!)
16. networkdood (Posts: 6310; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
good for you - you broke away from that walled garden...
19. techperson211 (Posts: 709; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
+1000000 hahaha I like that "walled garden"
17. rangoj (Posts: 41; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
I do not understand why so many people love the iPad Air. I used it a couple of days and for me It wasn't anything special, limited OS without any possibility of personalization, system file management is notoriously bad, not even SO fast - my phone Nexus 5 is faster than the iPad Air.
I guess it's great for gaming, but for me nothing else on it is super and great! :)
18. networkdood (Posts: 6310; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
The wife loves her iPad air...if it makes her happy...meanwhile I got a CoolPad 9976a coming in a few days...
20. techperson211 (Posts: 709; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Both are good tablet. But I choose z2 tablet . Durability functionality and micro sd. Those thick bezel may look ugly for some but for me it's an advantage for holding it without any accidental touch on the screen.
21. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3602; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Hey Nick T. Please can you share the ipad air wallpaper from the user interface and functionality page. That multicolored one. I loved it please. Thanks.
22. MobileGuru (Posts: 82; Member since: 18 Jan 2014)
Although I think that iOS for iPad is still not suited for productivity, one thing that Apple got right from the start is having the screen aspect ratio at 4:3. Less HD (widescreen) aspect ratio is just more suited for smaller screen devices like tablets.
23. Jauwaad100 (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
can you do a comparision on
xperia z2 vs note 10.1 2014 edition