Sony Xperia Z vs Samsung Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 18 Feb 2013, 08:22 posted on
Sony was quick to release its flagship smartphone for the first half of 2013 – the Xperia Z. The company did its job ahead of everyone else and is now enjoying a comfortable specs lead against the current Android flagships on the market. But as we all know, specs ain't everything! Could it be that the Galaxy S III, one of the best smartphones of 2012, can still prove to be a worthy opponent to the Xperia Z, even though technological evolution is on the side of Sony's handset? Let us take a closer look and find out!...
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
111. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Aside from the rugged, sleek, design and the 1080p display, I prefer the Galaxy S III's user interface. Samsung has really added some great features onto touchwiz that I would miss if I moved to another android skin..
114. jeff1434325 (Posts: 88; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
"Both handsets fail to impress with their viewing angles"
I dont know why the reviewer have said this but we all know that AMOLED screens are very much superior in viewing angle compared to LCD screens like in xperia Z.
119. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
For those who really wants the true viewing angle of the Z watch this youtube.com/watch?v=DoNQcM8T4c8 shatter screen protector removed
121. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
comparing xperia z with a phone which is a year older than it is not acceptable
Samsung s4 vs xperia z that's what we need..................................
122. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I do like the Xperia Z and i think sony are finally making progress but i still dont get the reason how they are comparing a 9 month old phone to a 1 month old phone and in these times when tech is moving so fast i dont get the reasoning...
123. imran.bangi (Posts: 4; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
gs3 international not having LTE plz correct ur article.
127. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
U guys are mad suppose u buy a xperia z and if cam will not b gud than u blame phonearena.pa always tells the truth ok.and I m using sony j105 naite its a java phone and I m still big fan gadgets and I love phonearena
128. MAG33 (Posts: 12; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
Optimus g pro and HTC one are the most interesting products of this year .... until now
130. pwnarena (Posts: 813; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i will agree that the display on the xz is inferior but certainly not the camera. if you make comparisons based on the same field of view and angles, the xz is better. what happened here is that the shots don't have the same angles and field of view. that's why when you compare them, the xz appears less detailed and softened since you are seeing a more zoomed in portion compared to what ip5 shows.
131. pwnarena (Posts: 813; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i also think the camera settings here are messed up. in other sites, the xz takes brighter photos.
132. MartyK (Posts: 687; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
I have to be honest here.....when it comes to design, nobody beats Sony and LG!, their phones are so dam beautiful..... btw, I own all Samsung's galaxy family members (phones and tablets); with all HTC EVO lines (viewer too)....
135. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
WTH how are LG products nice design there awfully designed generic black slabs as most people call them...
133. TMach (Posts: 348; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Now watch this......
142. IamtheonlyDave (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
The way I used my samsung s3 at the moment. I'm out of battery at about 7 or 8pm.
How long will the battery in the sxz last me?