Sony Xperia Z Review
0. phoneArena 13 Feb 2013, 10:56 posted on
A new flagship model, a new Xperia phone is here to try and overpower the dominant species. Is that even possible? Why, we say nothing is impossible! Ladies and gents, we're giving you the Sony Xperia Z!
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
140. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Um 8 months is a long time. Of course phones released 8 months ago will have less competition and get higher ratings than a phone released now when the competition is quite fierce.
61. giri555 (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
Xperia Z is far far superior to S3..agreed. s3 feels cheap, it has crappy amoled, pentile display, with around 320 or something ppi which is no match to xperia z.
91. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
Sorry dude.. smartphone isn't just about feels and looks..
125. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
This phone is over 2x the power of the S3 with a 1080p screen, it is better in looks, feels, performance, OS, battery life and much more. The S3 is old tech, I don't know why it is so highly liked still you can get a nexus 4 for $200 cheaper unlocked that is much better.
133. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
then why you guys keep comparing this phone to the s3?? why dont you just compare this one with htc DNA or even oppo 5?? you have to remember to that the s3 is a 9 months old phone.. and one more think my friend not everyone in this world can get the nexus 4 that cheap.. just like me here in australia... it will cost arround $500-$600.. and i prefer the s3 removable battery and micro sd slot.. and honestly i do like super amoled screen than lcd one... sorry but it's just me..
37. tmcblog (Posts: 19; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
This phone will be perfect if it uses IPS or OLED display
296. kaldorei (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Are you kidding? TFT is outdated?
You should understand what does TFT stand for and its real meaning. The displays, which have IPS or even Amoled panels, also have the TFT layer.
And some source state that Sony use Japan Display's IPS panel, which ony have view angle >160degree. ANW, Sony had never disclosed the panel type of any Xperia.
45. danielxxi (Posts: 183; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
In techgoondu review, they tell us xperia z produces warm and saturated colours camera, and phonearena said it has produces cold colour..
In eprice.com said, xperia z produces decent low light performance and HDR video, and phonearena just said "nothing to write home"
In GSMarena, xperia z has very bright and vivid colour display, and in phonearena said the colour washed out (‾˛‾")ƪ
168. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
yeah, this review has no value.
this is a biased site while comparing their reviews with those of others like GSMarena.
182. bipinm (Posts: 124; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
They are either biased or they still dont know to make a decent review... Its real shame...
PA, u missed many key features in this phone...
239. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
low light performance compared to Lumia 920? what did you smoke dude?????
46. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
8.5? lol S3 got 9.3 PA rating, which is 9 months old....
51. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
why thumbs down to this comment??? i just told the truth.... shame on who ever did that!
110. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
ratings are determined by it's quality and value AT THE TIME.
126. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
9 months later and its packing much more powerful hardware. The S3 is crap compared to the Xperia Z. If you want a more comparable phone you need to look into rumored/phones released in the past 3 months.
161. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
xD why are you telling me this like i didn't JUST say that?
47. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
design of Z is more like sexy-yet-classy...
49. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
nice photos PA we got it u have a Canon camera... nice focus... lol
53. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Why am I even reading PA reviews?
Theyre like - Sony Xperia Z doesn't have the best camera in the universe! Omg!
Let's make that into a flaw and cut a whole point there
58. giri555 (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
exactly, what was their point? Very casually, immaturely done review...PA needs to improve its quality of reviews..
54. giri555 (Posts: 111; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
poor review, it seems to be a rushed effort. Gsmarena gives more details and insights in its reviews...
55. hawkar1988 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
oh come on iphone is piece of garbage and its gets 9
127. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I've been to the Apple factory, they literally go the the landfill outback and make iphones out of the garbage they find.
60. Guarulhos (Posts: 39; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Disappointing Camera... Sony Fail Again !
Nokia Lumia 1001, Nokia Lumia 920 PureView LITE And Nokia 808 PureView PRO Wins !
Flawless Victory !!!
297. kaldorei (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
But, WP8 is a looser, Failure in the specification of some very basic functions for smartphone, such as pdf support, attached mail support, ...etc...
So a good camera cannot save Nokia, after all.
I think Sony is right when change from MS Windows Mobile platform to the Android. So that, they can maximum customize the OS as their idea.
Also for that reason a Xperia Nexus is really hard to appear.
63. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Here, learn how to be objective, PA:
66. Kalevro (Posts: 56; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
I don't know why PhoneArena hates Sony. They just can't let go of the camera. It's better than this generation smartphones, it will be better than 2013 generation smartphones. It isn't a camera, soo why bother and say it is the best phone camera.