Sony Xperia Z Review
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Feb 2013, 10:56
A new flagship model, a new Xperia phone is here to try and overpower the dominant species. Is that even possible? Why, we say nothing is impossible! Ladies and gents, we're giving you the Sony Xperia Z!
This is a discussion for a review. To read the whole review, click here
140. Taters posted on 13 Feb 2013, 18:37 1 1
Um 8 months is a long time. Of course phones released 8 months ago will have less competition and get higher ratings than a phone released now when the competition is quite fierce.
61. giri555 posted on 13 Feb 2013, 12:38 7 4
Xperia Z is far far superior to S3..agreed. s3 feels cheap, it has crappy amoled, pentile display, with around 320 or something ppi which is no match to xperia z.
91. maccess posted on 13 Feb 2013, 14:33 2 4
Sorry dude.. smartphone isn't just about feels and looks..
125. HDShatter posted on 13 Feb 2013, 16:26 2 1
This phone is over 2x the power of the S3 with a 1080p screen, it is better in looks, feels, performance, OS, battery life and much more. The S3 is old tech, I don't know why it is so highly liked still you can get a nexus 4 for $200 cheaper unlocked that is much better.
133. maccess posted on 13 Feb 2013, 16:41 4 1
then why you guys keep comparing this phone to the s3?? why dont you just compare this one with htc DNA or even oppo 5?? you have to remember to that the s3 is a 9 months old phone.. and one more think my friend not everyone in this world can get the nexus 4 that cheap.. just like me here in australia... it will cost arround $500-$600.. and i prefer the s3 removable battery and micro sd slot.. and honestly i do like super amoled screen than lcd one... sorry but it's just me..
37. tmcblog posted on 13 Feb 2013, 11:58 6 0
This phone will be perfect if it uses IPS or OLED display
296. kaldorei posted on 15 Feb 2013, 11:29 2 0
Are you kidding? TFT is outdated?
You should understand what does TFT stand for and its real meaning. The displays, which have IPS or even Amoled panels, also have the TFT layer.
And some source state that Sony use Japan Display's IPS panel, which ony have view angle >160degree. ANW, Sony had never disclosed the panel type of any Xperia.
45. danielxxi posted on 13 Feb 2013, 12:13 7 2
In techgoondu review, they tell us xperia z produces warm and saturated colours camera, and phonearena said it has produces cold colour..
In eprice.com said, xperia z produces decent low light performance and HDR video, and phonearena just said "nothing to write home"
In GSMarena, xperia z has very bright and vivid colour display, and in phonearena said the colour washed out (‾˛‾")ƪ
168. emadshiny posted on 14 Feb 2013, 02:31 1 1
yeah, this review has no value.
this is a biased site while comparing their reviews with those of others like GSMarena.
182. bipinm posted on 14 Feb 2013, 04:45 1 1
They are either biased or they still dont know to make a decent review... Its real shame...
PA, u missed many key features in this phone...
239. jackhammeR posted on 14 Feb 2013, 16:44 0 0
low light performance compared to Lumia 920? what did you smoke dude?????
46. AamirSIII (banned) posted on 13 Feb 2013, 12:13 5 9
8.5? lol S3 got 9.3 PA rating, which is 9 months old....
51. AamirSIII (banned) posted on 13 Feb 2013, 12:19 1 8
why thumbs down to this comment??? i just told the truth.... shame on who ever did that!
110. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Feb 2013, 15:54 5 2
ratings are determined by it's quality and value AT THE TIME.
126. HDShatter posted on 13 Feb 2013, 16:27 2 3
9 months later and its packing much more powerful hardware. The S3 is crap compared to the Xperia Z. If you want a more comparable phone you need to look into rumored/phones released in the past 3 months.
161. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Feb 2013, 23:55 0 0
xD why are you telling me this like i didn't JUST say that?
47. AamirSIII (banned) posted on 13 Feb 2013, 12:16 5 2
design of Z is more like sexy-yet-classy...
49. AamirSIII (banned) posted on 13 Feb 2013, 12:18 1 1
nice photos PA we got it u have a Canon camera... nice focus... lol
53. darac posted on 13 Feb 2013, 12:30 7 5
Why am I even reading PA reviews?
Theyre like - Sony Xperia Z doesn't have the best camera in the universe! Omg!
Let's make that into a flaw and cut a whole point there
58. giri555 posted on 13 Feb 2013, 12:35 5 2
exactly, what was their point? Very casually, immaturely done review...PA needs to improve its quality of reviews..
54. giri555 posted on 13 Feb 2013, 12:32 7 3
poor review, it seems to be a rushed effort. Gsmarena gives more details and insights in its reviews...
55. hawkar1988 posted on 13 Feb 2013, 12:33 6 2
oh come on iphone is piece of garbage and its gets 9
127. HDShatter posted on 13 Feb 2013, 16:29 1 1
I've been to the Apple factory, they literally go the the landfill outback and make iphones out of the garbage they find.
60. Guarulhos posted on 13 Feb 2013, 12:37 6 8
Disappointing Camera... Sony Fail Again !
Nokia Lumia 1001, Nokia Lumia 920 PureView LITE And Nokia 808 PureView PRO Wins !
Flawless Victory !!!
297. kaldorei posted on 15 Feb 2013, 12:02 0 1
But, WP8 is a looser, Failure in the specification of some very basic functions for smartphone, such as pdf support, attached mail support, ...etc...
So a good camera cannot save Nokia, after all.
I think Sony is right when change from MS Windows Mobile platform to the Android. So that, they can maximum customize the OS as their idea.
Also for that reason a Xperia Nexus is really hard to appear.
63. darac posted on 13 Feb 2013, 12:43 9 6
Here, learn how to be objective, PA:
66. Kalevro posted on 13 Feb 2013, 13:06 4 4
I don't know why PhoneArena hates Sony. They just can't let go of the camera. It's better than this generation smartphones, it will be better than 2013 generation smartphones. It isn't a camera, soo why bother and say it is the best phone camera.
68. danielxxi posted on 13 Feb 2013, 13:27 3 2
Stuff.tv give us more objective review, forget about this iphonearena website, they just hates sony ┌П┐(-`O´-)┌П┐
286. XperiaFanZone posted on 15 Feb 2013, 08:42 0 0
Thew funny thing is, I'm a biggest phone fan of Sony, and I like this review site.
70. scsa852k posted on 13 Feb 2013, 13:32 1 0
Are they just going to be selling unlocked versions in US?
How the heck can they even compete if that's their approach?
84. siluro posted on 13 Feb 2013, 14:05 7 4
Great job Phone Arena.
I am reading a ton of complaints about your review here, but I think you judged it very well.
To all those that are complaining keep in mind this is likely a $700-800 device. The Galaxy S3 has been on the market for nearly a year and raised the bar tremendously when it came to its competitors. But where Sony stands right they, they are months behind HTC's DNA for it's display and the really hyped up 13mp camera failed to live up to its expectations and lags behind products that have been on the market for some time (Nokia Lumia 920, Apple Iphone) which is simply unacceptable for such a device that is suppose to represent Sony's flagship.
One thing (and please correct me if I missed it) but is the Xperia Z using gorilla glass or did they move onto Dragontail? I would like to know if you feel that may be a better quality and scratch resistant glass vs Gorilla Glass 2.
To Phone Arena, can you please do comparisons, specifically with the Oppo Find 5 and Galaxy S3. I would really love to see those!
96. danielxxi posted on 13 Feb 2013, 14:48 2 2
Sorry? Comparison with ip5? Before this review you can googling any of those camera comparison with ip5 and sony looks better, but how can PA reviewed this phone such like is this the worst phone camera and screen than they've ever reviewed,, cmon, wakeup dude.. Maybe the worst of sony is the only viewing angles, and its don't have any matter for me, perhaps, but idk about others
128. HDShatter posted on 13 Feb 2013, 16:30 3 2
The S3 is $550 unlocked new, this phone will be $650 unlocked. For $100 more this phone is a damn good deal compared to the S3.
98. trainer1972 posted on 13 Feb 2013, 14:52 6 2
Like was this guy asleep, stoned or on meds when this review was done?
100. danielxxi posted on 13 Feb 2013, 14:55 3 2
Maybe he's just dying, ugly, and dead, and jealous ofcourse
99. danielxxi posted on 13 Feb 2013, 14:53 3 2
Godd, take my money please for this sexy phone (•˘з˘•)
101. gescalona posted on 13 Feb 2013, 14:56 5 4
ok Ray S. are you telling me that the Sony Xperia Z is just a bit better than the HTC Desire C, and worse than the Samsung Galaxy S III mini, really? dude, what's wrong with you?
Search Ray S. reviews HTC Desire C & Samsung Galaxy S III mini
129. HDShatter posted on 13 Feb 2013, 16:31 3 1
PA is biased, every other site = good reviews.
201. kclgphilsbsa posted on 14 Feb 2013, 07:23 0 0
those rating are reserved for the specific range of a phone, XZ rated 8.5 for flagships, HTC desire C and s3 mini are on the other side of range
252. technous posted on 14 Feb 2013, 20:01 2 0
you know why.., Sony Corporate Comms / marketing did not give or enough give "something" to phonearena.. very simple answer :P
253. technous posted on 14 Feb 2013, 20:05 1 0
and.. another thing that you can pick up from here, stay away from PhoneArena.. because they are not good reviewer, tends to be biased..
Ask yourself, how come other reviewers gave a high score to Zperia Z compare to Samsung, Nokia or Iphone (for current release), while Phonearena gave the otherway around..?
103. danielxxi posted on 13 Feb 2013, 15:01 1 0
This proves xperia z has a great camera
105. InspectorGadget80 posted on 13 Feb 2013, 15:03 5 1
For once pa disnt bad mouth sony phone this time. This is still my top pick for 2013. Lovely design slimmest phone too date rugged proof phone all in the right places
107. SiyabongaMoss posted on 13 Feb 2013, 15:28 2 2
How can such a great phone get such a low rating you guys are being unreasonable just because of subpar camera performance , I want this phone so bad and you guys just underate it. Its like you forgetting the great display, water resistance , glass construction , quad core cpu and jelly bean speed...
111. danielxxi posted on 13 Feb 2013, 15:57 4 2
Htc one x and sony xperia z is just only victim of biased review, poor for them
131. HDShatter posted on 13 Feb 2013, 16:33 3 1
The HTC one x would have stomped the S3 if sense wasn't so heavy and it had removeable battery/micro sd. The no micro sd broke the deal for me, same for all of HTC's other phones.
142. Taters posted on 13 Feb 2013, 18:42 2 2
A lot of butt hurt Sony fans here. The GS3 was the best phone released at the time and it lived up to expectations. The Xperia Z is the first into the 2013 ring which will be followed by the GS4, M7, and whatever else comes out in 2013 and they expected more than Nexus 4 internals with worse software. Not that hard to understand why the GS3 was rated higher people. Lol
143. thunderising posted on 13 Feb 2013, 19:05 1 1
Incomplete review. And you guys don't even TEST the battery. WTH!
144. luabin posted on 13 Feb 2013, 19:19 0 0
now its time for nokia lumia 920 vs sony xperia z camera comparison!
147. jlp34876 posted on 13 Feb 2013, 19:42 1 3
Too much joy reading all those comments.
PA just killed all the hype of this phone.
149. pyradark posted on 13 Feb 2013, 20:28 6 1
Hahaha!! I always expect low score from phonearena for sony, too bad scores doesnt put my money back to my pocket as a lot of sites is praising this phone.
150. aldevar posted on 13 Feb 2013, 21:02 3 0
no matter what other people will say, my choice will be SGS4 or xperia ZL. my deciding factor will be the price. i hope PA will also make a review of xperia ZL